Gwyneth Paltrow | Golden Skate

Gwyneth Paltrow

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Gwyneth Paltrow has given birth to her first child, a baby girl named Apple.

Who in their right mind would name anyone APPLE!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ahhhh... Hollywood ;)

but congrats to the parents! Gwenyth is one of my favorite actresses! Even if she does choose weird names ;)

SusanBeth

Final Flight
OMG That poor little baby!!!! I thought it was awful when my dh wanted to name one of our girls BAMBI! He was thinking of a doe eyed little girl. I had to convince him everyone else would hear the name Bambi and think, ''stripper.'' Plus, being Bambi's mother didn't appeal to me.

Well, many blessings to the little one. Zowie Bowie [David's son] changed his name the first chance he got. She can too.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Susan, you might've also reminded him that in the movie, Bambi is A BOY. :laugh:

so nice of Gwyneth to name her kid after my computer...

Laura :)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
For some reason I dont hate the name apple for a baby gwynth.... I couldnt pull it off myself, but maybe if the baby is extra cute (highly likely) they can.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Well, this definitely fits in with the growing list of odd names Hollywood's brightest stars have been pumping out in the past several years. Maybe her middle name will be Dumpling or Fritter....I would never brand my child with such a name. But, Gwyneth's kid will probably never set foot in a public school...so, at least she won't be tormented. She will be surrounded by people that are paid to love her strange name! At any rate, I'm glad that everything went well. It certainly should be a very attractive child.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
BronzeisGolden said:
But, Gwyneth's kid will probably never set foot in a public school...so, at least she won't be tormented.

You can't seriously believe that children in private school are any less vicious than public school children! Those morons just slapped a huge KICK ME sign on their own child, just to be "different" and call attention to their selfish, egocentric selves. Poor kid--rich, sure. But, poor kid! :p :rolleye: :confused:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Unfortunately it isn't just celebrities. A few years back, there was a post on a family board I visited . A woman was having a spat with her husband. The poster was a month or so from delivering a little girl. It seemed she wanted to name the baby, Heaven Leigh. Her dh was absolutely dead set against it. [Thank God] She thought he was being unreasonable and asked our opinion.
For the most part, people tried to phrase the opinions tactfully. She didn't use that name, but she remained convinced that it was the perfect name for a girl.

One of my SILs, won the ''weird name'' prize in my family. She named my neice- Amanda Sandra. The poor kid was hearing Manwich Sandwich remarks every time she turned around.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Maybe Apple is pronouced differently.......maybe its "Ah-pell" or maybe "Ap-lee".........just a thought :\ 42

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I think Apple's middle names are Blythe Allison, so they aren't necessarily going to call her Apple.

Speaking of weird names, I have a Master's in English and two of the people I went to school with loved Shakespeare. Did they name their kid William? No. Hamlet? No. Othello? No. Though the last two would've been bad, they chose to name their son after a minor character in MacBeth (or maybe Hamlet?), Fleance.

Poor kid.

Laura :)

Spinner

Rinkside
Good gawd... :rolleye: Some parents just need biffed. I worked with a woman who named her daughter Precious Angel Jones--I kid you not. All I could think was 'why the hell didn't you just name her "Beat me up daily"?' because that's what's going to happen!

Bubbles

Rinkside
A friend of a friend worked in a hospital. One of her duties was asking parents of newborns their child's name for birth certificates. One mother gave her daughter a name that was pronounced You-REEN. Unfortunately, she insisted on spelling it Urine. Another called her son Nevasee because he'd neva see his father. Then there was Vincelene (father Vincent, mother Marlene) and several Cleopatras.

An article in the local newspaper mentioned a mother who named both of her daughters Princess with different middle names. I don't remember the middle names, but she wanted the girls to be called (for example) Princess Tiffany and Princess Ashley.

It's hard to beat the TV actors who recently named their son Banjo. However, I read about a Southern couple who tops them: They named their son 3/8. When asked why they chose a fraction for their baby's name, the parents said he was named after a family friend.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
.....and then there's George Foreman who took the easy way out and named all his sons "George" (I think he had four or five)...42

bronxgirl

Medalist
Another true hospital naming story - the mother thought that Ty-Lee-Nol was such a pretty name for her daughter. I hope it wasn't the Fen-ta-nyl speaking through that poor woman and she eventually reconsidered. It was on the girl's birth certficate.

Kateri

On the Ice
I used to work at an exam board, processing all these children's papers - you should have seen some of the names the kids had!

I saw Princess, Love, lots of Ziggys and Zowies (the Bowie fans are spawning!).

What is really funny...you know how people give kids foreign names, that mean something cute in the other language - but it's weird when foreign-born parents give their kids English names!
This was especially Muslim parents for some reason - I saw loads of girls with Muslim surnames named Lovely, Beautiful, Precious, and so on!
It's cute, but I pity the kids....

kat.