2015 Worlds Gala Exhibition March 29 | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Gala Exhibition March 29

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's interesting how tastes vary. I absolutely love Javi's new EX piece. I think it's about 100X better than the Aerobics class one.

I liked the Aerobics class, but I was rather sick of it after seeing it so many times. I love the new EX as well and don't find it boring at all, thanks to Javi's acting ability. Maybe you have to have an appreciation for that era? I never saw "Touch of Evil," but I love the film noir aesthetic in general, & it's not something I've seen much of in skating.

peg

Medalist
I liked the Aerobics class, but I was rather sick of it after seeing it so many times. I love the new EX as well and don't find it boring at all, thanks to Javi's acting ability. Maybe you have to have an appreciation for that era? I never saw "Touch of Evil," but I love the film noir aesthetic in general, & it's not something I've seen much of in skating.

Yeah, I kind of liked Aerobics Class when I first saw it, but was starting to get bored by the time it ended. And I think there are a few different reasons I like Touch of Evil. One is that it's a different aesthetic. Another is that it channels Kurt Browning, and I've always loved his skating. And third, I enjoyed the flow of it and the fact that it's not really gimmicky (which to me, Aerobics class is). I also tend to be very appreciative of use of lighting to create or enhance a mood, and this piece definitely create a mood.

Meoima

Match Penalty
^my biggest problem with Aerobics Class is that Javi reused it so often for like 3 seasons already. :slink:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^my biggest problem with Aerobics Class is that Javi reused it so often for like 3 seasons already. :slink:
Same. I think all programs have a retirement date (or at least, a holiday date... they can bring it back after a decade or something :biggrin:)

I'm not a huge fan of the new EX, but after seeing it on TV (as opposed to the live stream), with Kurt talking about what they were going for, I grew to appreciate it more. It stretches Javi's interpretative abilities beyond just the goofy nice guy.