2015 Worlds Gala Exhibition March 29 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Gala Exhibition March 29

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The gala exhibition is scheduled for Sun Mar 29 from 14:00 - 17:00 (local time in Shanghai).

The skater list is shown in the photo in this tweet (retweeted by @SarahAndDrew):

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ohhh wow, no shibutanis, such a shame :sarcasm:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
ohhh wow, no shibutanis, such a shame :sarcasm:

Darn. Esp. b/c the Shibutanis have such a gorgeous exhibition program this year.

(Understandable that the Chinese dancers will perform. But a lower-placing dance couple from another country also was invited. I would rather have seen the Shibs. Win some, lose some.)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
The skater list is shown in the photo in this tweet (retweeted by @SarahAndDrew):

Heh it will be too cool if they do get Rain get to perform but alas... I will miss Anna's Rise like the Phenoix exhibition.
Interesting they got Team Unique to perform? Did they have to fly in the Finland Synchro team? $$$
I wonder if Elena got something interesting and totally kooky prepared. I think I will weep a bit for Zijun's I dream a dream. hope it is not a too far fetched dream.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The ISU channel typically has the gala, and sometimes is not geoblocked even if the rest of the competition is. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So bummed that the Shibs will not be in the gala.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Lena!!!!
aw & I/Z!
& James/Cipres!

hmm Id put Javi to skate last...(but Im not a fan of D/R so...:slink:)

wow I love Shibs EX much more than their actual rptogs so woah prettysad:no:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
James/Cipres seems like a weird choice for the exhibition....

The ISU channel typically has the gala, and sometimes is not geoblocked even if the rest of the competition is. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So bummed that the Shibs will not be in the gala.

I hate that skaters have to schlep their exhibition costumes (and props, if any) in their luggage -- without knowing whether they will place high enough to be invited (or will be lucky enough to be invited for another reason).

For example, I assume that the wonderful Shibutanis brought their ex costumes to Shanghai, hoping that they would need them.
But now the sight of those costumes in their hotel rooms is just an awkward reminder that the podium was out of reach this time. It's like rubbing salt in the wound that the costumes also have to be schlepped home unworn.

Seems like this tough aspect of figure skating is unique to the sport -- or at least is a rare phenomenon?? (Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything comparable in another sport.)

Similar salt in the wound for those who brought their FS or FD costumes, but failed to qualify ... like the Reeds or Korpi :eek:hwell:.

OTOH, it's nice that some skaters -- such as James/Cipres -- are pleasantly surprised with invitations, even if they did not place very high.

The clock on the ISU channel is counting down to streaming of the gala. I will join Doris in crossing my fingers that the ISU will not geo-block it.

LisaM

Medalist
Technical question: does China do DST this weekend like Europe does? Have to figure out what time to wake up. :confused:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... The clock on the ISU channel is counting down to streaming of the gala. I will join Doris in crossing my fingers that the ISU will not geo-block it.

Update:
The countdown clock on the ISU channel site has disappeared :confused2:, although it was there (and working) several hours ago (long after the Men's FS ended).
So now ISU streaming feels like less of a sure thing to me :think:.​

Violetti

On the Ice
Interesting they got Team Unique to perform? Did they have to fly in the Finland Synchro team? $$$
I wonder if Elena got something interesting and totally kooky prepared. I think I will weep a bit for Zijun's I dream a dream. hope it is not a too far fetched dream.

Yes, Team Unique flew from Finland and they are very proud to perform in this event. World champions 2013. ISU desires to get more publicity for synchro this way especially in Asia.

Rissa

Record Breaker
I will miss Anna's Rise like the Phenoix exhibition.

Me too.

But I read that Javi has a new exhibition program, so if it's half as entertaining as SuperJavi, it'll be fun.

Technical question: does China do DST this weekend like Europe does? Have to figure out what time to wake up. :confused:

I don't think so? My Eurosport schedule says the live broadcast will start at 8:00 a.m and will take 3 hours so it seems they're going to broadcast the whole thing. That's 6 hours ahead of Europe (+1GMT) and it was 7 hours ahead of Europe today.

ETA: I checked to make sure and no, Shanghai doesn't do the time change.

Last edited: