Josh Groban | Golden Skate

Josh Groban

QMATTERS

Rinkside
Since I do enjoy watching figure skating, I also admit it could be that I love classical music. There is an American who has an incredible voice that can sing Broadway or classical type of music. He is coming out with a new album with mostly Broadway music called "Stages". It will be out by April 28th. All of the tracks, including the extras, will be on sale. I cannot wait for it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Josh has sung in person for at least one of the skating shows. I :love: Josh's voice.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We've seen him in concert. No only do we love his singing, he's quite funny in between the songs

QMATTERS

Rinkside
You're very welcome. Just wanted to make sure people know about the upcoming release. Glad to know he has sung in one of the skating shows. That makes sense.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We've seen him in concert. No only do we love his singing, he's quite funny in between the songs

I've seen a couple of his concerts and was kind of surprised at his humor. He was on The Talk show and referred to himself as a nerd. Did you see him on TLC, the show Who Do You Think You Are?? Loved it, kind of gave more of an insight into Josh's personality.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Josh is hysterical! He's one of my favorite singers/celebs. :) I have all of his albums, can't wait for the new one.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've seen a couple of his concerts and was kind of surprised at his humor. He was on The Talk show and referred to himself as a nerd. Did you see him on TLC, the show Who Do You Think You Are?? Loved it, kind of gave more of an insight into Josh's personality.

No, we haven't seen him on that show, but maybe someone put it on Youtube. How long ago was it?

KKonas

Medalist
Since I do enjoy watching figure skating, I also admit it could be that I love classical music. There is an American who has an incredible voice that can sing Broadway or classical type of music. He is coming out with a new album with mostly Broadway music called "Stages". It will be out by April 28th. All of the tracks, including the extras, will be at Target. I cannot wait for it!

If you like classical music or classical pop and Josh Groban, you might enjoy Il Volo an Italian trio with superb voices, one baritone and two tenors. (They also do a version of Groban's "Per Te" which is stunning.) They sing mostly in Italian but also Spanish and English and have several albums available on Amazon.com. They have had many sold out concerts in the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia and won a Latin Grammy for best group album in 2013-14.
r

QMATTERS

Rinkside
If you like classical music or classical pop and Josh Groban, you might enjoy Il Volo an Italian trio with superb voices, one baritone and two tenors. (They also do a version of Groban's "Per Te" which is stunning.) They sing mostly in Italian but also Spanish and English and have several albums available on Amazon.com. They have had many sold out concerts in the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia and won a Latin Grammy for best group album in 2013-14.
r

This will sound funny because I had to check on my Amazon app to make sure of the group name of a CD that I have. I have never heard of Il Volo before, but I do have Il Divo's CD "A Musical Affair". Those two groups have similar sounding names, thus that would be confusing. I also have several CD's of work sung by Jackie Evancho, who is currently 14 years old. She is another one of my favorite singers. I will try Il Volo when I have a moment. Thanks!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
but I do have Il Divo's CD "A Musical Affair".

The only other than Josh's kind of music I like is from Il Divo and Andrea Bocelli. There are several groups now, how about the Texas Tenors???

Last edited:

KKonas

Medalist
The only other than Josh's kind of music I like is from Il Divo and Andrea Bocelli. There are several groups now, how about the Texas Tenors???

IMHO Il Volo voices (Gianluca Ginoble (baritone - smooth as honey), Piero Barone (dramatic tenor - powerful voice) Ignacio Boschetto (wonderful lyric tenor) far surpasses that of both Il Divo and the Texas Tenors groups individually and their harmony is terrific. You can find videos of Il Volo on youtube. Their rendition of "Caruso" is magnificent. The best video of this performance is the one from Moscow.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, we haven't seen him on that show, but maybe someone put it on Youtube. How long ago was it?

Gail, the show will air again on:

TLC, Sunday, Apr 5th - 6:00pm - Josh Groban