What are your 5 favorites programs this season? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

What are your 5 favorites programs this season?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Women/girls
SP
1. Julia Lipnikaya SP
1. Alena Leonova SP (wonderful Charlie Chaplin)
2. Liza Tut..SP (that one with 3A)

LP: Anna Pogorilaya the Firebird

Men:

SP
1.Javier Fernandez
2.Jason brown

LP
1. Jason Brown
2 Javier Fernandez
3. Serghei Voronov

Pairs

Pang Tong
Young Chinese pair...don't remember the names...Hui???
Kavaguti Smirnov

Dance

Weaver Poje LP
Papadakis/Ciseron LP

Jagger

Rinkside
1. FP KS (Manfred)
2. FP PC (Mozart)
3. FP Fernandez (Figaro)
4. SP Lip (Megapolis)
5. FP Radionova (Rakhmaninov)

Machida FP, Farris FP, IZ SP, Tukt 3A, Pogo gala, GE gala lovely too

Last edited:

Poice

Final Flight
It's really hard to choose only five programs:(
1. Yuzuru Hanyu LP
2. Yuzuru Hanyu SP
3. Weaver/Poje FD
4. Papadakis/Cizeron FD
5. Elena/Ruslan SD

Ester

Rinkside
P/C FD
Tuktamysheva SP
P/T FS
I/Z SD
K/S FS
But it is really hard to choose only 5! I could easily add Anna EX, Javi SP, Gracie worlds, Denis Ten FS, W/P FD, S/K LP.

lelequaglia

Rinkside
1. Gracie 's POTO
2. Denis Ten ' Night at the Caravanserai'
3. Fernandez 'Barber of Seville'
4. Hanyu 's POTO
5. Zijun Li both program (in her LP it's marvellous when she hits 2A+3T on the piano's part: it makes me smile)
I also appreciated Gabby Daleman Long Program at National, although she had not the best day in technical elements, she litterally skated with hearth!

sabaism

Rinkside
- Kavaguti/Smirnov's LP - great choice of music and such drama! I love it!
- Papadakis/Cizeron's FD - the most romantic figure skating program I've ever seen :O It'll be hard for them to top this next season..
- Ashley Wagner's LP - Every move has a purpose and fits the music. THAT 2A AT THE MUSIC CHANGE IS EVERYTHING. And the loop in the 'one day i'll fly away' part. and just everything.
- Ruslena's SD - Really good interpretation of Carmen!
- Satoko Miyahara's LP - I don't know what to say about this one, I'm totally speechless.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Can I add extra ones now?! Or should I wait for next season because they are intended for next season? :biggrin:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
There were really nice programs this post-olympic season! Here are my favorites:
1. Ilinykh&Zhiganshin's SD to Carmen
2. Wagner's LP to Moulin Rouge
3. Stepanova&Bukin's FD to Eleanor Rigby
4. Bolero of Queen Liza
5. Pogorilaya's Rise like a Phoenix exhibition program
And others I like:
6. Jason Brown's LP to Tirsten&Isolde
7. Joshua Farris' SP to Give me love
8. Papadakis&Cizeron's FD to Mozart
9. Astakhova&Rogonov's LP
10. Iliushechkina&Moscovitch's LP

alebi

Medalist
My favourite programs this year (not considering the best performances):

Yuzuru's short (I hope he'll bring it back next season), Papadakis/Cizeron's free (but I also enjoyed their short), Farris' free (already enjoyed very much past season), Misha Ge's free and Denis Ten's free (very particular), Machida's programs (sigh) and Sui/Han short. Special mention to Yulia Lipnitskaia's programs, since she's one of my favourite aside from everything.

The performances I liked the most:
Yuzu free at GPF, Liza's free at Euros and short at worlds, Denis Ten free at Four Continents, Papadakis / Cizeron free at euro and worlds, Pang / Tong and Sui/Han at worlds, Marchei / Hotarek at euro, Joshua free at Four Continents, Jason Brown free at WTT, Misha at worlds.

bramweld

Record Breaker
1. Ruslena Carmen
2. Kawaguti/Smirnov LP
3. Shibs EX
4. Anna P SP or LP
5. Dennis Ten SP

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Yuzuru SP
Yuzuru LP
Liza SP
Gabriella/ Guillaume FD
Sui/Han SP

But special mentions to : Anna both programs, Liza LP and EX, Elena LP,
Denis LP,
Gaby/Guillaume SD, Ruslena SD, Stepanova/Bukin FD,Yanovskaya/Mozgov FD, Nazarova/Nikitin FD
Pang/Tong SP, Yuko/Sacha LP
Zijun Li and Han Yan's existence also Rika Hongo :)

flutzy13

On the Ice
Denney/Frazier Lion King
Wagner Moulin Rouge
Farris Give Me Love
Hawayek and Baker Romeo and Juliet
Paul and Islam In Your Eyes

HM- Fernandez Black Betty, Mariah Bell SP, Shibs paso, Duhamel and radford FS

sally09

Spectator
1.Satoko Miss Saigon
2.Hanyu Phantom of the Opera
3. Ten Caruso
4. Radionova FP
5.Miu Honda Pink panther
Miu is the Novis rising star. Her Pink Panther looked like Lori's old one but it is Fumie Sugiri 's first work as choreographer according to her.

paperhearts

Final Flight
There were so many programs I loved this season! :love: This list turned out to be a lot longer than I thought... :hopelessness: Sorry about that.

My top 5/Programs and performances I rewatched a lot of times in no particular order:
- Yuzuru's Chopin SP: My favorite SP of his! A shame we never got to see it clean. (My favorite performance/s: Worlds and GPF. His Worlds SP is as close as we got to a clean performance and I loved his step sequence there. GPF because of his smile even after the fall, and being his "comeback" after some disastrous GPs.)
- Josh's programs: His Give Me Love SP is amazing and his Schindler's List FS gave me chills. Too bad about Worlds, I hope he builds on that experience for next season. (My favorite performance: 4CC! Both programs were absolutely perfect.)
- Kana's Think of Me SP: Personally, I like POTO music. :eek:: Kana's program really grew on me throughout the season, especially with her amazing Worlds SP. I'm excited for her new programs next season. (My favorite performance: Worlds, because seeing her skate lights out after her Japanese Nats SP was <3. Special mention to her WTT SP!)
- Yuzuru's POTO FS: IMO a step-up from R&J 2.0. Obviously still designed to rack up as many points as possible, but I liked this one a lot more than R&J 2.0. Just imagine if he had been healthy and landed everything! I have a whole lot of feelings about this free, from COCgate to (finally) no-falls WTT, and I'm quite fond of it. (My favorite performance: GPF.)
- Satoko's Miss Saigon FS: Tiny queen is World Silver Medalist! This program is beautiful, never mind the small jumps. She reminds me a lot of Akiko, but I can't really put my foot on why. Also, her spins are gorgeous and I hope she improves even more next season. (My favorite performance: WTT, because she was CLEAN and got the highest TES. Yay!)

Special mentions:
- Tatsuki's SP&FS
- Ashley's Moulin Rouge FS
- Mariah's Titanic FS
- Adelina's Je Suis Malade FS
- Denis' FS

Additionally:
For juniors:
- Karen's The Godfather FS
- Elizabet's Memoirs of a Geisha SP
- Wakaba's SP
- Shoma's Don Juan FS

(I don't know too much about Ice Dance nor Pairs so I can't really say, but I remember loving I/Z's Carmen SD.) Hope for even better programs next season! :)