Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michael Weiss - Online Interview

Post Michael Weiss - Online Interview

Thanks for being patient, all!

Michael Weiss - Online Interview

Custom Title
    Impressions:
    What a candid interview and I liked his response to the question concerning his horrible LP music. It was bad music but I can respect where he's coming from.

Mikey looked really hot in the tank top and jeans. I'm even getting into the blond hair.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar

Thumbs up

I think he took on some really tough questions that I might have sidestepped, or at least gotten defensive about.

What's more "tacky & tasteless" than calling someone "tacky & tasteless" in an interview? And since when is consistantly finishing in the top 6 at nats and worlds over a 8 year period a "rollercoaster" career? You'd think he was Chen Lu or something. Sometimes I thing Kwan has just ruined the sport.

Custom Title
    What a great interview! And Mike looks really handsome in the photos..., WOW.

I started to like Mike´s skating in Nagano Olympics and have felt respect towards him in person in general. That respect even grows because of this interview. He gives great, mature answers and handles also the tough questions perfectly and showing great tact. The words which come into my mind describing the impression I get of his person: sincere and open. WOW, what a guy!
    Last edited by Jaana; 05-16-2004 at 02:41 AM.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    great interview (and pics). It's wonderful to see someone who still competes at an elite level able to balance a family life as well.

Thanks Paula, for your hard work putting that great interview together..........(nice pic too ) 42

Thanks for the interview Paula! I enjoyed reading it.

What's more "tacky & tasteless" than calling someone "tacky & tasteless" in an interview?
    While I delete most questions that have no tact, I leave it up to the interviewee to answer (or not answer) the "gray" ones. I don't edit the questions.

Mike just has class and isn't afraid of a few negative adjectives. It's as simple as that.

Skating Freak Barbie
    THANK YOU for a great interview with a great guy! I continue to have nothing but respect for Mike, and wish him well in the next season.

Kasey

I think it proves that Michael isn't as cocky and arrogant as the press makes him out to be. He's blunt... but really I've never actually heard the arrogance come from him... a lot of people read into what he says in press releases... and what his webmaster types on his site... just my two cents

I hope he skates awesomly at Nationals this year... cuz I'm going!

Skating Freak Barbie
    Tonichelle, exactly! Blunt does not equal jackass! And congrats on making your decision to go to Nats....actually, Portland in not all THAT far from Reno....maybe would be a good chance for me as well...I'll have to think on that one!

Kasey

one more seat taken for Michael's cheering section is never a bad thing... really consider it!

Custom Title
    Why would anyone consider Mike's LP "tacky and tasteless"? I loved his free program this season, great music and interesting choreography.

It was a good interview, MW is a good role model.

because Americans are not allowed to be patriotic in sport... duh!

Scott Hamilton got a similar reaction -- mostly by judges -- back in the 80s when he did a patriotic themed routine as well... he shrugged it off and kept skating that program.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by registered
    Why would anyone consider Mike's LP "tacky and tasteless"?
    Well..... some people did think that wearing a blue uniform and skating to "John Brown's Body" in Atlanta, heart of the Confederacy, showed a remarkable disregard for historical context. And while the program might have had some personal significance for Mike, for some European spectators in Dortmund it may have come across only as a crass display of ugly-Americanism. I personally wouldn't go so far as to call it "tacky and tasteless", but it does seem like he could have come up with a program that was less politically "loaded" and that wouldn't rub many viewers the wrong way for reasons that had nothing to do with his actual skating.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast