TSL with Oleg Vasiliev Evaluate Worlds Pair Event | Golden Skate

TSL with Oleg Vasiliev Evaluate Worlds Pair Event

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Absolutely a DO NOT MISS THIS. Oleg Vasiliev just tells it like he sees it--and what he sees is absolutely fascinating. Probably the best analysis of an event yet from TSL. I hope they bring him back in the future. I learned so much about pairs skating in less than an hour. Like Russians all want to be singles stars just like American skaters. Who knew?

Miss this at your peril.

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/ole...e-pair-event-at-the-2015-world-championships/

Ianthe

Spectator
It was a fantastic listen. I hope they invite him back for a career retrospective. I'd love to hear him speak on his competitive career, on Tamara Moskvina, his rivalry with G/G, and coaching Totmianina/Marinin.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I loved this. Very insightful and enjoyable as a pairs fan. I agree with his assessment a lot; he seemed pretty spot on with everything he said, at least in my opinion. I did not know that Chinese pairs practiced each throw about 50 times! :jaw: They must be teaching some great technique to be able to do these throws so well(height, distance, flow, etc) and avoid injury, having such longevity. Also, the fact that Han throws Sui so well makes me think that height difference would not be such a big problem(unless someone got to Zhang Dan's height) if other countries had technique like the Chinese do on their throws and twists. About V/T- if any team doesn't need a quad, it's probably them. I think upgrading to all triples on sbs jumps and harder triple throws will be enough. Their pcs should be high enough to beat the other top teams. If V/T wanted more cushion/room for possible mistakes, only then would they need to consider adding a quad.

rosacotton

Final Flight
This was my introduction to Oleg Vasiliev, and his comments were fascinating and insightful. I learned so much about pairs skating from this. Fantastic!

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm only about halfway through, but I stopped by here to comment. He's so insightful and appreciative of the strengths of different teams, and recognizes that there are pairs skating styles outside of the traditional Russian pairs skating. When I see so many people expressing disgust at Jillian and Bob's win because they lack that Russian style, it's really great to hear Oleg's positive perspective.

I'm off to listen to the rest!