Boyang Jin Doing Beautiful 4Lz+3T in Practice | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin Doing Beautiful 4Lz+3T in Practice

peg

Medalist
I agree that some people tend to forget the SPs. I just don't think it applies here, because Boyang made one error--he didn't totally bomb the program. Whereas Shoma made bigger errors across two programs, in addition to having a less ambitious layout.

I, too, don't feel invested in the outcome. I just think people who didn't agree with it have legitimate concerns, and they're not all crazy Boyang fans/forgetful of the SP/just want Junior Skate Jumping Contests.

Again, my comment was in response to a specific comment that Boyang didn't get credit for his 3 quad program. I pointed out that he did in fact get credit, and actually won the FS but wasn't able to overcome the deficit from the SP.

I do think that it's perfectly valid to say that across the two programs, someone felt Boyang still deserved to win. It is not accurate to say he didn't get credit for his 3 quads when he did and to use that say his loss was due to him not getting credit. To me, there's a huge difference between the two statements. But perhaps you see it as splitting hairs. I admit, I can get quite specific about wording at times ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Again, my comment was in response to a specific comment that Boyang didn't get credit for his 3 quad program. I pointed out that he did in fact get credit, and actually won the FS but wasn't able to overcome the deficit from the SP.

I do think that it's perfectly valid to say that across the two programs, someone felt Boyang still deserved to win. It is not accurate to say he didn't get credit for his 3 quads when he did and to use that say his loss was due to him not getting credit. To me, there's a huge difference between the two statements. But perhaps you see it as splitting hairs. I admit, I can get quite specific about wording at times ;)
I took it to mean: "he didn't get credit" = "he didn't get rewarded (enough) overall, considering what he did"