Boyang Jin Doing Beautiful 4Lz+3T in Practice | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin Doing Beautiful 4Lz+3T in Practice

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
He isn't the first to do this combo...Vladislav Sezganov did it a few years ago. But Boyang's career is just getting started and Vlad's never went anywhere, so good luck, kid...

Sezganov did a great one in practice... but Boyang's here looks cleaner, and he doesn't have the super long set up that some of the other quad lutzers have.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Wow, this is incredible! Mad respect to Boyang.

I do hope he works on his artistry, spins, ect. next year instead of going the pure quad route. I've already seen improvements at Jr. Worlds. (Not saying he can't try the quads, because he obviously has fun with them, but I think he has the talent to be more than just a jumping machine).

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
That's an impressive combo. :thumbsup: Can't wait for him to turn senior. There's still a huge gap between his TES and PCS scores, so let's see him develop his artistry now. He has been less robotic, but still a long way to go.

jkun

Final Flight
That's amazing, how the heck did he manage to lose to Shoma? I missed Jr. this season, so this is all very interesting.

In terms of performance, he is really lacking. Looks like a wooden figure trying to perform out there. His technical elements, when on are very good, but he needs to work on presentation and basically everything that's not Jump related.

MIM

Medalist
Holy Moly!!!!!:jaw::jaw::jaw:
I hope he stays healthy, so I can see him jump the monster(s) at the competitions next season!!!!:party2:

Bumdid

Record Breaker
So, he can do a 4T, 4S, 4loop and a 4lutz ??? :confused:
All he need is better program, consistency, more emoting, a speed dial to the nearest hip clinic and he's all set.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
The Chinese federation at least could've sent him to 4CC to experience a senior stage just like Shoma whose PCS skyrocketed in the competition. Nan Song who suffered injuries didn't even make a freecut in Worlds. With Boyang and Han, China's world spot could be increased to 3. Boyang has been really trying hard to enhance his skating skills and presentation. If you look into his 2013 performances, you would notice how much he has been improved since then.

There's no guarantee that Boyang would have skated the well at Senior Worlds or 4CC against the senior men. When stacked against them his presentation skills will be even more lacking and he'll get hammered on PCS if he doesn't skate well. Shoma on the other hand was the artistic skater who lacked the tech but he's starting to get it together, if you compare their presentation, Shoma is light years ahead and is a more well balanced skater. I know Boyang has been working hard but as of right now he is still all jumps to me and that's not enough reason to push him into seniors early.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
So, he can do a 4T, 4S, 4loop and a 4lutz ??? :confused:
All he need is better program, consistency, more emoting, a speed dial to the nearest hip clinic and he's all set.

Right, I forgot he has practiced a 4L too. He could essentially do a ladies program with quads instead of triples, and a 3A instead of a 2A. :laugh: 4Z+3T, 4L, 4S, 4T+3T, 4T, 3A, 3Z, 3F+1L+3S

God help us all if he manages that. :drama:

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Jesus Christ, call the priest. This boy is amazing! :jaw: looking forward to how he will develop these years and how he will compete against Uno and the current top guys.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Right, I forgot he has practiced a 4L too. He could essentially do a ladies program with quads instead of triples, and a 3A instead of a 2A. :laugh: 4Z+3T, 4L, 4S, 4T+3T, 4T, 3A, 3Z, 3F+1L+3S

God help us all if he manages that. :drama:

Wow that's 88.9 in base value without all the spins and second half bonuses :laugh:

In all honesty, he'll probably stick to 3 quads fs next season. Still can't wait until he becomes more consistent and starts beating anyone through his freakishly high TES. People will probably treat him as the Duhamel/Radford of men's skating :popcorn:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow that's 88.9 in base value without all the spins and second half bonuses :laugh:

In all honesty, he'll probably stick to 3 quads fs next season. Still can't wait until he becomes more consistent and starts beating anyone through his freakishly high TES. People will probably treat him as the Duhamel/Radford of men's skating :popcorn:

:laugh: You know it's going to happen. And no matter how much he improves and slays with high difficulty, people will constantly say "Well, he's no Brown/Ten/Chan/Hanyu..."

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Depends on the amount of fans he gets :think:

I also think it will likely happen. We see it with the top skaters nowadays, you'll almost always find someone comparing them to Lambiel, Buttle, Yagudin, Plushenko, Takahashi, etc. Comparison is something skaters (unfortunately) have to go through once they reach certain level, and it can be either positive or negative, regardless of the fans. Take Yuzuru, for example who, after what we saw at Worlds, I think it's safe to say he's the most popular among the active skaters. People still think he lacks SS, deep edges, artistry, and compare him to other former skaters. Sometimes it can be good, as it shows the areas where the skater can grow to be more rounded, and sometimes the comparisons are meant to be a compliment (though that is more common with commentators rather than here). So if Boyang grows to be a top competitor, is practically inevitable. Hopefully, people won't be too hard on him

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't be so nasty at the young skater. :mad:

:laugh: How in the bloody hell is that "nasty"? It's the truth. He lands heavily and I cringe every time. I know Chinese sporting feds have a reputation for viewing athletes as dispensable, but at this rate, they're going to break him before he even reaches Seniors.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Here's some words: broken knees, broken ankles, broken hips, broken back...

BV, for the curious: 4Lz (13.6) + 3T (4.1) = 17.7.

:laugh: How in the bloody hell is that "nasty"? It's the truth. He lands heavily and I cringe every time. I know Chinese sporting feds have a reputation for viewing athletes as dispensable, but at this rate, they're going to break him before he even reaches Seniors.

So you would be perfectly okay when somebody leaves so "truthful" posts like yours as you insist, to the thread for all-grown, Max Aaron's "meaningful" 4Axel attempts.
Alright then. :laugh2: I can picture the scene already. :laugh:

The boy's talent is to jump but the federation let him stay in junior for one more year. In junior quads are not allowed in short, so he had to work on more artistry to balance TES and PCS though he can execute clean quads than the other contenders couldn't.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So you would be perfectly okay when somebody leaves so "truthful" posts like yours as you insist, to the thread for all-grown, Max Aaron's "meaningful" 4Axel attempts.
Alright then. :laugh2: I can picture the scene already. :laugh:

The boy's talent is to jump but the federation let him stay in junior for one more year. In junior quads are not allowed in short, so he had to work on more artistry to balance TES and PCS though he can execute clean quads than the other contenders couldn't.

Actually I think karne would have no issue with worries about him hurting himself. Hell I think we did see comments to that effect when he showed that clip.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Actually I think karne would have no issue with worries about him hurting himself. Hell I think we did see comments to that effect when he showed that clip.

Correct.

Let me rephrase.

When Max did the clip of the 4A - he was a fully grown man, with properly-developed muscles to support his joints, and he was under close supervision by his coaches and in a jump harness, which can help minimise the damage. Risk of injury was small.

Boyang is seventeen. He is still growing, which means his joints are vulnerable, and he doesn't even come close to having sufficient muscle development to support them. And he is off the harness, with his heavy/clunky landings on these quads (his other jump landings are fine). To me - that's a level of risk that is beyond unacceptable.

Or, to put it another way - Sixteen-year-old Joshua was practicing the quad toe in Greensboro when he fell and tore a muscle in his hip. It was the start of a catastrophic chain of events for him that nearly ended his career and even four years later is still affecting him.

Plushenko attributes the early quad (he was fourteen) and the lack of proper recovery/protection systems as the main reason for his major issues now.

I love to see technical progression of the sport. But I'd also love to see these guys having wonderful long careers as pros, and running around after their children one day.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Really? Then people at the thread had a decency since I haven't seen such comments like karne did here, IIRC. Though even people here who are skeptical or concerned about Boyang's 4lz-3t practice just said to hope him to stay healthy without injury. The tone and the way of speaking are totally different.

Boyang doesn't need a harness any more because he has successfully landed them since last year while Aaron's attempts are not successful so far. I would not guess that until Boyang finally get the jump fully rotated, he would have not used a harness under his coach's close supervision. It is absurd to speculate that the Chinese federation doesn't care about Boyang's healthy at all since Boyang has to stay in junior to perform the programs with 2 quads only in the free.

Last edited: