This Week on American Idol | Page 3 | Golden Skate

This Week on American Idol

lavender

Record Breaker
I understand people feeling she shouldn't have made it that far (because I feel the same) I just don't get why people think she should be embarrased. I don't get why people don't like her period. She seems so sweet. Jasmine was also one of my favorites in the beginning. I don't know what happen.

On another note do you guys really think Jaz will get a contract? I mean unlike Kim from last year, Jasmine hardly received any praise towards the end. Just like Nikki the season before, Jasmine probably will not get a contract. I think it's a wrap. Besides I think she's going to just focus on school now.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think she *could* I'm not sure if she *will*.... her voice needs to mature and recover from the competition -- much the same as Kelly's and Ruben's did after they won -- however depending on how long that takes? she may be forgotten...

Then again if Christina Christian can get a recording contract anything is possible...

I think Jennifer, George, and possibly John Stevens will get one and will do well before Jazzy though... she's a sweet girl, and I love her personality... but I personally don't see anything really sellable about her style of music... in the words of Simon "It's just... *nice*"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
Plus 10 out of 10 Simon-level compliment points for pointing out that while the judges picked the final 32, the audience picked the final 12--except the wild card chosen by each judge. Besides, I do think this year's top 12 had a lot of great singers. As Randy said on the most recent AI special, he felt last year the final 12 had about 5 or 6 good singers, whereas this year had 7 or 8. Generally, I'd agree with that, at least 7 or 8 with real potential as a recording artist.

now see I didn't agree with the "main dawg" with that comment. Overall I think season 2 is going to be the greatest in AI history... and not just because of Clay! :laugh: I think this year was more diverse in singing styles... but I think that AI 2 had a lot of great singers... the top 5 were brilliant (even Josh, because COUNTRY RULES--it's been a few days since I mentioned him. Click his banner so I get more points at the street team site! LOL ;)) Kim Caldwell has a nice edge to her voice... ok so they're about even in the talent dept.

But AI 2 was more personable for me... I guess it's all a taste issue. ;)

lavender

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:

Then again if Christina Christian can get a recording contract anything is possible...

She has a cd? Is it out yet? Can't really imagine this one.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not sure when it comes out here... but it's been released in Europe... she was on AI a few weeks ago talking about it.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
... but I think that AI 2 had a lot of great singers... the top 5 were brilliant ...

Yeah, they sure were. Who can forget that electrifying talent, Carmen Rasmussen? :p ;) :laugh: :D

guinevere

Final Flight
RealtorGal said:
Yeah, they sure were. Who can forget that electrifying talent, Carmen Rasmussen? :p ;) :laugh: :D
:D :D :D

I'm sure Simon would like us all to (since he put her there)!

guinevere

mike79

On the Ice
We can laugh at Carmen and Julia (who does have a good voice, it gets ruined by her obvious stagefright), but we can also laugh at the crap that was Leah, Matt, JPL, John, Jasmine (in recent weeks), and Camille.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Carman and Julia were NOT top 5... Julia was the first one voted off... and Carman was number 6 ;)

Ruben, Clay, KLo, Josh, and Trenyce were the top 5 last year

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Rgirl said:
And was ROFL at the idea of John Stevens singing "Me and Mrs. Jones." Or how about "Mrs. Robinson"? Naughty Rgirl

Just as long as he doesn't dedicate it to his Grandma. :laugh:
(Even Naughtier) Ravyn

Mike79
"To anyone who have problems with how the judges talk about Fantasia: Could it be that they like her so much because she's that much better than everyone else? If I were in the judges' position I wouldn't be complimenting anyone who didn't deserve to be there."

High Five, Mike. I mean really, do people think Randy and Simon (Paula I don't know) would give standing ovations to somebody who sang like crap? I think people who don't like Fantasia don't like what I'll basically call old style southern soul singers--and I won't say what else. They wouldn't have like Aretha or Tina Turner or any of the other soul divas if they heard them before they were "discovered." Tina Turner wasn't considered beautiful until the '80s. In the '60s, reviewers would bash her for looking like a man. The only man I know with legs like that is RuPaul--and he can't sing like that.

Mike's Post 2
"We can laugh at Carmen and Julia (who does have a good voice, it gets ruined by her obvious stagefright), but we can also laugh at the crap that was Leah, Matt, JPL, John, Jasmine (in recent weeks), and Camille."

Or we can cringe and howl, as I did, lol.

Lavendar
"Well man I think Fantasia deserves the praise.
I guess people should really dislike Michelle and Sasha since they get praise most of the time. Maybe it's because presentation wise they are better than everyone else."

Well said, Lavendar. If you don't like the style, say you don't like the style, but enough with the, "Fantasia thinks she's Miss All That and she isn't!" Hey, baby. Win or lose, she'd definitely ALL that!

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Rgirl
And was ROFL at the idea of John Stevens singing "Me and Mrs. Jones." Or how about "Mrs. Robinson"? Naughty Rgirl
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just as long as he doesn't dedicate it to his Grandma.
(Even Naughtier) Ravyn"

Oh, goody. Another poster as naughty as I am.:)

BTW, about Christina Christian, when she performed on AI, she was sex kitten city. Four dancers, all "baby, baby"--nothing like the Christina who had to go to the hospital during AI-1 because she got so stressed out. I don't remember her talking about a CD, but I defer to Toni's AI expertise. I thought she was just performing in Europe and hoping to get a record deal. Or maybe that's just what I thought her performance was worth. Basically she was just a much, much, MUCH less talented version of the ten-million Janet Jackson/Brittany clones. If she does have a CD, I don't see her selling any--I mean many;)

Rgirl
Go 'Tasia! Go 'Tasia! Love those Lips!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree that Christina won't be much here... but anything is possible :laugh: