What will Duhamel & Radford Bring on Next? | Golden Skate

What will Duhamel & Radford Bring on Next?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
D/R said they are working on a new trick… what do you think it is?

Throw 3A? is perhaps what I can think of….anyone already knows?

So exciting !

Last edited by a moderator:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i hope it's not sbs jumps as they're just starting to get positive goe on them… 4twist scares me but maybe you're right!
maybe a quadtwist or a new combination 3Flip2Toe2Toe

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
it might be quad twist

their triple twist get higher and higher through the years....

i think quad flip and throw triple axel are really dangerous elements and beyond their possiblities

whatif

Medalist
If they really want to shut up the critics, they should be focusing on the pairs elements and skating rather than another trick.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
If they really want to shut up the critics, they should be focusing on the pairs elements and skating rather than another trick.
A clean, energetic program with polished lines and SS was what I was thinking about, too :biggrin:

Khoai

Match Penalty
Their SP at Shanghai was truly amazing. I hope next year they will bring the quad twist.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
maybe a quadtwist or a new combination 3Flip2Toe2Toe

I doubt it is a 3flip double toe double toe combo because their triple lutz is more solid and they were some time doing it in combo with 2 2toes so it is rare you would take a new triple jump unless it was a lot easier and do your combo. Maybe the throw 3A or the quad twist or perhaps 3T3T combo but if they regularly land that then Megan should also compete for Canada's ladies. She could be competitive 3T3t 2A, 3zdouble toe, 2A, 3z, 3S, 2z2t2loop in Canada.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Can't wait to see what programs they have next season,

One of the only pairs that i kinda know for sure won't do a Carmen\Phantom\ kinda thing ;) Always exciting choices

cjmorton29

Rinkside
I had thought maybe Throw Quad Lutz ... which would be crazy!! Probably most likely would be the Quad Twist- it seems to b where pairs skating is going. Other than that, it could a 3T-3T combo maybe, or crazier yet a 3Lz-3T combo... there are a lot of possibilities from a team with such strong individual skating!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I don't think they have good triple twist so I don't think it will be quad twist. Other quad throw is more likely, or throw 3A :scratch:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
wow! lots of good comments. Just a message though: I opened a separate thread about this topic simply because some other threads are focusing on the criticism fans and other skaters are having... could we agree here that we will share our thoughts on the question asked, and not bring them down? Many of us happen to be excited about their technical prowess and would like to see where they will bring us next year... Thanks! And I agree that their 3Twist isn't so fabulous so that's why I didn't think it would be quad twist from the get go... and got wondering after reading somewhere they were working on another element.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I don't think it'll be a quad twist. Already their 3Tw, while strong, just doesn't seem to have the amplitude for a 4Tw. That would be amazing though.

I don't know if a new lift would silence critics.

I'd like to see their overall skating and connection improve but their PCS is high enough that a new trick seems to be most logical.

I wouldn't be surprised though if it ended up being a throw 3A or something. Wouldn't that be something!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I had thought maybe Throw Quad Lutz ... which would be crazy!! Probably most likely would be the Quad Twist- it seems to b where pairs skating is going. Other than that, it could a 3T-3T combo maybe, or crazier yet a 3Lz-3T combo... there are a lot of possibilities from a team with such strong individual skating!

Omg... I would absolutely die if Meagan and Eric did SBS 3Z+3Ts.... As would every ladies singles skater. It's already cray as is that Meagan executes her 3Z with more reliability and cleaner edge than many singles skaters.

Meagan has done 2A+3T before, but axels don't seem to be something they try too often.

Last edited:

wallylutz

Medalist
If I have to take a guess, I think Quad Lutz throw is the most likely candidate. She can already do a solid Triple Lutz without assist, so the throw 3Lz is kind of redundant since she really didn't need any help from Eric. Plus, there is only so much you can gain in terms of GOE on a well executed 3 Lz throw. On the other hand, a 4 Lz is worth a wooping 9.0 in base value and the GOE effect is scaled from 1.0 to 3.0, higher than 3 Lz (0.7 to 2.1). Assuming a well executed 4Lz throw with only +2 and +3 in GOE, that single element will worth between 11 and 12 points on its own. Replacing the 3Lz by a 4Lz, the total contribution of their 4 jump elements (SBS 3Lz, SBS 3T+2T+2T, 4S, 4Lz) rises to approximately 38 points assuming solid execution. This would leave them with 8 more elements to gather more TES.

Even in a worst case scenario where the 4Lz was rotated but unsuccessful, the value will still be slightly higher than the BV of a fully rotated 3Lz.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Omg... I would absolutely die if Meagan and Eric did SBS 3Z+3Ts.... As would every ladies singles skater. It's already cray as is that Meagan executes her 3Z with more reliability and cleaner edge than many singles skaters.

Meagan has done 2A+3T before, but axels don't seem to be something they try too often.

I'd like 2A+3T to replace their current combo...

If I have to take a guess, I think Quad Lutz throw is the most likely candidate. She can already do a solid Triple Lutz without assist, so the throw 3Lz is kind of redundant since she really didn't need any help from Eric. Plus, there is only so much you can gain in terms of GOE on a well executed 3 Lz throw. On the other hand, a 4 Lz is worth a wooping 9.0 in base value and the GOE effect is scaled from 1.0 to 3.0, higher than 3 Lz (0.7 to 2.1). Assuming a well executed 4Lz throw with only +2 and +3 in GOE, that single element will worth between 11 and 12 points on its own. Replacing the 3Lz by a 4Lz, the total contribution of their 4 jump elements (SBS 3Lz, SBS 3T+2T+2T, 4S, 4Lz) rises to approximately 38 points assuming solid execution. This would leave them with 8 more elements to gather more TES.

Even in a worst case scenario where the 4Lz was rotated but unsuccessful, the value will still be slightly higher than the BV of a fully rotated 3Lz.

it is true that there's almost no incentive to do a throw 3lz.... (doesn't give much more points than the other throw triples)... so perhaps with your explanation as she is able to do a 3lz on her own, that 4 throw lutz would be an option... That's crazy. My only concern with this is for the SP. Is the rule that they can do any throw or does it have to be triple? I wouldn't think that it's a smart move to have throw4lz and throw3Lz in their repertoire... timing can get difficult... that's why I was sort of hoping for a throw 3A :) and also because it's so spectacular!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Unfortunately a 4Z fall isn't worth it compared to what a throw 3Z with decent GOE can attain. It's "only" 9 points compared to 8 for a 4STh - which is just 12.5% higher (which is stupid because in singles a 4S is 10.5 and a 4Z is 13.6 -- 29.5% higher). And to me, Meagan's air position is always wonky in the 3ZTh, and she often lands forwards.

However they might still attempt it for the historical feat. Two quad throws would be insane.

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
i think we will see pairs attempting two quads in the free programm in the near future

candidates:

peng zhang: 4Tw,4STh
Sui/Han: 4Tw, 4FTh/4STH
Duhamel/Radford: 4STh, 4LzTh/4Tw
Savchenko/Massot: 4Tw/4FTh

i do not think it is worth the risk, but it would be insane

it is time to increase the BVs and to allow quads in the short program