seriously, | Golden Skate

seriously,

Bijoux

Match Penalty
why has there been no michelle disney specials or reg specials for years? she should easily carry one once a year. If Disney found her too old why not sasha the pixie skater of all time?

No new skaters getting specials! What is the deal?:confused:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no one's wacked anyone on the knee for a good 10 years... the media got bored

IDLERACER

Medalist
I wasn't exactly overwhelmed by the three specials she already did. The one with Stojko, Kulik and Baiul was the best of the lot, which isn't saying much. It looked like an hour-long commercial for Disney products.

amykaren

On the Ice
IDLERACER said:
I wasn't exactly overwhelmed by the three specials she already did. The one with Stojko, Kulik and Baiul was the best of the lot, which isn't saying much. It looked like an hour-long commercial for Disney products.

Yes, but we are desperate for any skating on TV! ;)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Disney has issues right now... big ones. I'm afraid that the disney I was raised on will be a distant memory by the time I have kids of my own :(

The movie they just released (home on the range maybe?) is rumored to be the last conventionally animated film they will ever produce... the rest will all be digital like the pixar movies. I like the pixar movies, but they just arent the same to me.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
IDLERACER said:

In that time this show was very well received on different forums. It was mentioned that the tape definetely was something to be saved.

The one in 2000 was ruined because of the live singers...

Last edited:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
why has there been no michelle disney specials or reg specials for years?
I'm affraid that it's all my fault (and the fault of people like me). :(

I'm a skating fan, and MK is one of my favs, but I've never bother to even switch on for a moment one of these specials.

dizzydi

On the Ice
It's always about money and figurskating isn't very popular right now. Michelle Kwan isn't as popular or well-known with the general public as with those who follow and love figureskating. I think more skating will appear on tv as we get closer to the Turin Olympics. If an American wins the gold, we should see specials appear for a short while.

As far as Disney goes, their bottom line is to make money.

Dizzy

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Longhornliz said:

The movie they just released (home on the range maybe?) is rumored to be the last conventionally animated film they will ever produce... the rest will all be digital like the pixar movies. I like the pixar movies, but they just arent the same to me.

they haven't done it all drawn anyway for years... so what's the difference

"the Disney I was raised on" were the old classics. I watched Disney movies all the way till Lion King... saw Pocahantas and realized that Snow White and Cinderella were way better in drawing, animation, and scripting....

just my two cents on where Disney is... their theme parks are cool though ;)

I was fit to be tied with the one that supposedly featured the "all time great Disney songs." Where was When you wish upon a star? Where was Some day my Prince will come? Instead we got some baloney from Jungle Book II.

All time great songs? They should do Fantasia on Ice (the first one).

OK, end of rant.:)

Back on topic, for whatever reason (Toni's "no kneewhack" is as good as any), as Dizzy Di says, these shows just didn't command much of an audience.

But I like Bijoux's idea for a Sasha special. It wouldn't be Disney, since Michelle is still under contract with The Mouse to open theme parks in Hong Kong, etc.

Warner Brothers? I can see Johnny Weir guest starring as Buggs Bunny...

Mathman:)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
they haven't done it all drawn anyway for years... so what's the difference

I just prefer the old "flat" style of conventional (doesnt imply hand drawn, they had been using photo capture technology since the 50's) animation to that of the 3Dish style of the pixar movies. JMO.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok, got ya

me I like the handdrawn animation over the vector's/computer tech. they do now... the drawings look more alive, IMHO