Retirements Going Into 2015-16 Season | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Retirements Going Into 2015-16 Season

Weathergal

Medalist
It appears from this Ice Network article on the pairs at Nebelhorn that Amani Fancy and Chris Boyadji split:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/09/25/151587018/volosozhar-trankov-bare-fangs-in-nebelhorn-free

British pair splits after short: Amani Fancy and Christopher Boyadji of Great Britain sat seventh after the short, but ended their partnership before the event's free skate. They skated together for about two years, training in Oberstdorf under Alexander Koenig.
Robin Cousins, the high performance program manager for Great Britain's National Ice Skating Association (NISA), is in Oberstdorf and had a meeting with Fancy and Boyadji on Thursday. On Friday morning, Fancy showed up for practice, but Boyadji did not. Later, Cousins told the Nebelhorn organizers that the pair had split.

I watched their SP from Nebelhorn and didn't see any indication of trouble during their performance. In fact, I think they got a PB. Anyone know more?

I found the part in bold particularly sad. :cry:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It appears from this Ice Network article on the pairs at Nebelhorn that Amani Fancy and Chris Boyadji split:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/09/25/151587018/volosozhar-trankov-bare-fangs-in-nebelhorn-free

I watched their SP from Nebelhorn and didn't see any indication of trouble during their performance. In fact, I think they got a PB. Anyone know more?

I found the part in bold particularly sad. :cry:

Alex D had told us on Friday morning in the Nebelhorn thread that they had split, but couldn't find out what exactly had happened. And none of us could understand why it would happen in the middle of a competition. Or, more specifically, why they couldn't just grin and bear it for the Free.

I just had a look at the NISA website, and there has still been no mention of what is going on on there.

By the way, this probably isn't the best thread for this, seeing as we haven't had word that either of them has retired.

But, seeing as nobody started a "Splits / Partner Changes" thread this season, I can understand your predicament about where to discuss it on here. I have come across a few announcements of splits on Facebook recently, and I didn't know what to do with them either. So, I didn't post them, and now I can't remember who they were!

I suppose I could have just started a thread, but since the season had already started, I thought it was too late to do so.

CaroLiza_fan

Weathergal

Medalist
Alex D had told us on Friday morning in the Nebelhorn thread that they had split, but couldn't find out what exactly had happened. And none of us could understand why it would happen in the middle of a competition. Or, more specifically, why they couldn't just grin and bear it for the Free.

I just had a look at the NISA website, and there has still been no mention of what is going on on there.

By the way, this probably isn't the best thread for this, seeing as we haven't had word that either of them has retired.

But, seeing as nobody started a "Splits / Partner Changes" thread this season, I can understand your predicament about where to discuss it on here. I have come across a few announcements of splits on Facebook recently, and I didn't know what to do with them either. So, I didn't post them, and now I can't remember who they were!

I suppose I could have just started a thread, but since the season had already started, I thought it was too late to do so.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan, thank you for all the information! As usual, you are the source of much knowledge! :)

I thought there might be info about the split in the Nebelhorn thread but couldn't find it. :eek::

And you're absolutely correct--I wasn't sure where to put my concerns/questions because a split isn't necessarily the same thing as a retirement, especially when quite often at least one partner goes on to skate with someone else. Anyway, thank you again for all the info. Hopefully things will work out well for both parties in the (apparently former) partnership.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
Is so sad to read: " I'll retire because I'm not capable do quads...." poor Florent, he will be so missed in competitions, he is so charming and entertaiment man

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
oh my
:sad4::sad4: Im speechless!
He was one of the best entertainers in FS!
Hopefully he will skate in shows. People need you Florent!:sad21:

Celine

On the Ice
I hope will continue to perform so that fans of his entertaining style will be able to enjoy his exceptional performance abilities!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
A shocker

Florent Amodio announces that he plans to retire after 2016 Euros.

http://www.europe1.fr/sport/patinag...amodio-annonce-l-arret-de-sa-carriere-2623101
Noooooo! I remember posting during SA that I didn't care if he earned medals or not. I just want him to stay healthy and continue skating. What he says is true, the level now may be beyond him now, but no one is quite the showman the way he is.

:( Oh Florent... But he did have a solid run, all things considered, with a European title. I hope he has a good skate at Europeans (and why not go to Worlds too?)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I guess he's not going to go to Worlds since he won't have that much of a shot to medal there, while he does have a shot at a Euros medal.