Scott Smith | Golden Skate

Scott Smith

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He reminds me so much of Paul Wylie. Not only does he physically resemble him somewhat, but the moves alone........:eek:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
The submissions page reads: "Scott Smith, the 1998 US Junior Men's Champion, placed fourth this past season at US Nationals in the senior division."

Scott was 4th at 2003 Nationals; he placed 9th in 2004.

While Scott's skating doesn't remind me at all of Paul Wylie's, he certainly is a very nice and hard-working young man.

dr.frog

On the Ice
I don't see much resemblance between Scott and Paul's skating, either. I saw them skate on the same ice last fall, and it was immediately obvious that Paul had much stronger basic skating skills -- deep knee bend and full extension on each stroke for maximum power. Scott is rather stiff in both his knees and his upper body. I know he has been working hard to try to improve this, and I give him lots of credit for trying, but it's only coming slowly to him, and is still holding him back.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For me, Scott Smith has the fascinating quality of looking like Paul Wylie on TV, and in person looking like...like... like, oh shucks, Scott Smith. I put this down to his posture and extension (which show very very well on TV) and the live problem to what drfrog said. Skating skills needing improvement. Lack of speed, kneebend, etc.

jesslily

Final Flight
I agree completely with what Dr. Frog has commented. Paul is a lot better in terms of basic skating skills as well as artistic appearence on ice.