Cathy and Chris Reed split | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Cathy and Chris Reed split

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No worries, CL_fan.
I know that your intentions were good, as always :).

And I agree 100% :agree: with your decision not to quote from the post -- when she actively chose to limit its accessibility to friends.
No question that she is entitled to her privacy, esp. regarding such an important milestone in her life.

Thanks Golden.

I just never thought. Like, there was nothing in the content that would have made you realise it was a private post.

She was just summarising their career; making the announcement; pointing out the significance of finishing in Japan; and then finishing by thanking the JSF, her coaching team, her fans, her parents and Chris.

But it was the way she worded it that made it so beautiful. Particularly what she said about Chris.

Reading it really did make you have a whole new appreciation of just how lovely a person she is.

Unforunately, a moderator on another forum (which I joined last week) saw my post on here, and has quoted Cathy's Facebook post in it's entirity on their forum. So, I have sent a PM to that moderator explaining that it is supposed to be private. I just hope that they do act on this information.

So, I am sorry again for this whole mess.

CaroLiza_fan

azcalder

Rinkside
I called a friend after the Reeds finished skating and predicted it. Cathy was crying and hugging...the body language was saying, "This is my last skate". I'm sorry that I was correct. I always enjoyed the efforts they put forth...Good luck to Chris in his partner search.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awww I always liked the Reeds. They have been good competitors for Japan. They may have not reached that "elite" echelon
of ice dance but have always conducted themselves on and off the ice with class. They had a nice soothing style about their skating.
I will miss them. Best wishes and good luck to Cathy!

It will be interesting to see how things work out for Chris in his search.

I always liked them, too. Their WTT gala performance was stunning. I wish them both all the best.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The ISU posted a nice Thank You photo and msg for Cathy Reed :) on Instagram this morning:

isufigureskating
Yoyogi National Gymnasium
Emotional event for Cathy Reed as she announced her retirement from competitive skating. We join the group hug at the end of the exhibition gala to wish her all the best in her future plans @cmr2070 #WTT15 #ThankYou #GoodLuck #FigureSkating #FigureSkater #Skater #Skating #IceSkating #IceRink #rink #ice #sports #sport #active #fit #TagsForLikes #fun #game #games #crowd #fans #play #action #win #winning
https://instagram.com/p/1xGqDuvAlr/

The WTT gala photo with the Thank You typography shows Cathy tearfully waving to the crowd as Chris applauds her. I'm getting teary myself again ...​