Cool TV theme songs that would be cool for skating programs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Cool TV theme songs that would be cool for skating programs

mrrice

Record Breaker
I love this topic. Music with lyrics The Greatest American Hero: "Believe or not, I'm walkin' on air"

Without: Stargate SG1

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I feel like anime would lend itself well to this sort of thing, the Japanese do a good opening theme! Like the one from Evangelion.

I'd laugh my butt off if someone skated to the opening theme to Macross, it's soooo eighties! Complete with English randomly thrown in!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Yeah, anime often has good music with sweeping themes that would sound good for programs. Has anyone ever skated to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood's soundtrack? This, this and this all have some great music. I'm sure some skaters must have?

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG! I got a great idea!

Maybe a mix to instrumental versions of the kids' show "Babar" and the song "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" from "Sesame Street."

Yes I'm fully aware that the 2nd song is not a theme song. But if you listen to both of them carefully, they sound really similar so if they were in a mix, it wouldn't sound really jarring if you know what I mean.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
OMG! I got a great idea!

Maybe a mix to instrumental versions of the kids' show "Babar" and the song "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" from "Sesame Street."

Yes I'm fully aware that the 2nd song is not a theme song. But if you listen to both of them carefully, they sound really similar so if they were in a mix, it wouldn't sound really jarring if you know what I mean.

Babar theme is really sweet, I guess it will fit a soft lyrical skater https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70wWHq3EwsE

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So i was watching Doctor Who the other day and Bolero came one (even announced it as such). It reminded me once again how much I think Doctor Who could make great skating music. Many of the characters have their own theme musical pieces too that would be lovely to skate too.

Still think that a pairs or dance team should do a love story of River and the Doctor program. They could totally play with the whole his past is her future and vice versa.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As for kids shows, I have a soft spot for Gummi Bears and Inspector Gadget (here's the Italian version I grew up with).
Oh, and Rahan, too (so 80s!).

Oh, you bad Italian person! :mad:

I thought of "Gummi Bears" this morning, but couldn't be bothered looking for the video at the time!!! :rolleye: And then you got in first!

Loved that programme, and think it would make a great skating routine.

Hadn't thought of "Inspector Gadget", though. And, to be honest, much as I loved the show, I can't really imagine it as a skating routine.

You know, reading through this thread and seeing what programmes members watched when they were children, I am starting to realise that there are a lot more people around my age on this forum than I thought!

It's amazing the image you formulate of people from the way that they write. I was imagining most members as either being a lot older than me, or a lot younger!

That said, some programmes are timeless, and get repeated continuously. So, younger members do get the chance to appreciate them.

No Rescue Rangers for me, but I loved Captain Planet! BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED!

Also was a huge Power Rangers fan. And Angry Beavers, Animals of Farthing Wood, Arthur, Hey Arnold, Ahhh! Real Monsters, and a bunch of other really great kids' shows that the kids of this generation have missed out on. :(

Who was your favourite Planeteer? Mine was Ma Ti (if that’s how it’s spelt!). He was so caring about, well, everything that you couldn’t help but like him, and want to be him.

Although, I did like Linka too, probably because she was very pretty! Come to think of it, Linka was probably the first Russian I came across, so it must be her fault that I have a thing for Russian girls now!

I LOVED Power Rangers. Tommy (the Green Ranger) was my favourite Ranger, and Goldar was my favourite baddie. Although, whereas all the other guys fancied Kimberly (the Pink Ranger), I fancied Scorpina. I would go as far as to say that Ami Kawai, who played her, was my first celebrity crush! :love:

Didn’t really get into the other programmes you mentioned, although I loved the theme tune of Angry Beavers! (I can see Jason doing a Gala to this!)

Which brings us nicely back to the subject of theme tunes. Moving onto “grown-up” TV, how about Star Trek?

Original Theme
Next Generation Theme
Deep Space 9 Theme
Voyager Theme

Any of them on their own, or even a couple of them put together as a medley, would work brilliantly! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
What CaroLiza_fan no love for Faith of the Heart

I mean we can do lyrics now after all.

Though I too spent my childhood dreaming of seeing a Star Trek theme figure skating routine. . . yeah i am an nerd.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What CaroLiza_fan no love for Faith of the Heart

I mean we can do lyrics now after all.

Though I too spent my childhood dreaming of seeing a Star Trek theme figure skating routine. . . yeah i am an nerd.

Sorry, I forgot all about the new series... because I never watched it! :slink:

No time for getting into TV series nowadays. :disapp: Too much figure skating to watch! ;) :biggrin:

So, I didn't know the tune. Hearing it now, it would make a good routine on it's own, but not as a medley with any of the others. It's just too different.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Sorry, I forgot all about the new series... because I never watched it! :slink:

No time for getting into TV series nowadays. :disapp: Too much figure skating to watch! ;) :biggrin:

So, I didn't know the tune. Hearing it now, it would make a good routine on it's own, but not as a medley with any of the others. It's just too different.

CaroLiza_fan

That new series was canceled 10 years ago ;)

Kinda agree that is stands better on its own than as a Star Trek theme. And Enterprise is not as bad as many people say. . . like all Trek it takes some time to get its legs under it, but sadly people forgot that and by the time it found itself people were kinda done. If you are looking for some binge watching it is worth it to take a look at season three as it is a continuing storyline rather than independent episodes. It works well, but Trek never took as much advantage of it as they could, and it works well for binge watching.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That new series was canceled 10 years ago ;)

Kinda agree that is stands better on its own than as a Star Trek theme. And Enterprise is not as bad as many people say. . . like all Trek it takes some time to get its legs under it, but sadly people forgot that and by the time it found itself people were kinda done. If you are looking for some binge watching it is worth it to take a look at season three as it is a continuing storyline rather than independent episodes. It works well, but Trek never took as much advantage of it as they could, and it works well for binge watching.

WHAAAATTT????!!! 10 years since it was cancelled?! :eek: I thought it only started about 4 or 5 years ago! :rolleye:

Well, that would explain why I missed it completely. I was at Uni at the time, and we couldn't get satellite down in Halls (and hence couldn't get Sky, which it was shown on in the UK).

For that matter, we could barely get terrestrial TV, the signal was that bad... :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
WHAAAATTT????!!! 10 years since it was cancelled?! :eek: I thought it only started about 4 or 5 years ago! :rolleye:

Well, that would explain why I missed it completely. I was at Uni at the time, and we couldn't get satellite down in Halls (and hence couldn't get Sky 1, on which it was shown in the UK).

For that matter, we could barely get terrestrial TV, the signal was that bad... :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

The reboot movies came out about that time frame maybe that is where you got confused. So for fun here is that theme even if not a movie.

Enterprise is on Netflix, and I think Amazon Prime, it is pretty easy to find and binge watch if you feel the need for some trek.

I feel for you about not getting it TV broadcast wise. When Star Trek Voyager came out, you could not even get the station with cable TV. Luckily it got pseudo syndicated for season two, and I had a teacher who lent me his VHS copies taped from a friend's TV for the first season.