Worst Pop/Top 40 Songs Ever | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worst Pop/Top 40 Songs Ever

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
What about military ballads.........(sometimes I don't know if I hate them or love them)....
"Sink the Bismark"
"PT 109"
"The Ballad of the Green Beret"
"Vietnam" (by Country Joe and the Fish)...........42

Aloft04

On the Ice
I love Dave Barry, Rave, but didn't know about the book - I'll ask at the library. Gotta go too - Happy Friday!!

One more...I think that Paul McCartney's Grecian Formula hair dye was causing brain damage when he did "Ebony and Ivory".

Bye!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
"Walking On Sunshine"

"Delta Dawn"
"I am Woman"
"Ode to Billy Joe"
"Mickey"
"Ben"

And then there is the bubblegum genre....
...."Chewy, Chewy, chewy baby always got a mouthful of such sweet things to say"

"Julie Do You Love Me?" by Bobby Sherman

Anything by The Archies

From waaaaaayback "Kookie Lend Me Your Comb", "Alley Oop",

From not so long ago "Baby Got Back", and "The Thong Song'

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
One of the things I just LOVE about getting involved in threads like this is ending up with some of these songs going through your head all day....:rolleye: :D :D

My partial list, since it's early yet and I haven't had all my coffee:

Midnight at the Oasis
Because You Loved Me
Believe and Song for the Lonely by Cher -- can't believe THIS kind of junk revived her singing career -- the really bad stuff from the 70s at least has kind of a fun mortification value.

The champion would have to be We Built This City by Starship -- there was a scene in a Grace Under Fire episode where Brett Butler is driving home from work and "White Rabbit" is playing on the radio and she starts banging on the steering wheel saying "I can't believe this is the same group that recorded We Built This City!!!" That about sums it up.....

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
"We Built This City" was named the worst song ever on VH1 last night. Next was "Achy Breaky Heart":eek:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
There was a song out a couple of years ago, that went ''A little bit of Monica yada, yada..... A little bit of Julie.....'' Whoever wrote that had to be obsessed with a ''little bit''.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Aloft04 said:
I love Dave Barry, Rave, but didn't know about the book - I'll ask at the library. Gotta go too - Happy Friday!!

One more...I think that Paul McCartney's Grecian Formula hair dye was causing brain damage when he did "Ebony and Ivory".

Bye!

So it was the Grecian Formula! I knew there had to be a reasonable explanation for Sir Paul...
"Ebony and Ivory" is infinitely better than some of his other collaborative efforts. The worst that comes to mind is "The Girl is Mine" with Michael Jackson. This song contains the infamous line, "Don't waste your time....because the doggone girl is mine."
Oy, vey!
(The Doggone) Ravyn Rant

rusalka

On the Ice
I definetely agree with "kung fu fighting", it's horrible! also, anything by britney spears, eros ramazzotti(i can't stand his voice).

rusalka

On the Ice
some years ago on mtv they showed the videos of a guy called mike flowers or something like that, who did a horrible cover of "venus as a boy" by bjork, does anyone else remember it?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
So it was the Grecian Formula! I knew there had to be a reasonable explanation for Sir Paul...
"Ebony and Ivory" is infinitely better than some of his other collaborative efforts. The worst that comes to mind is "The Girl is Mine" with Michael Jackson. This song contains the infamous line, "Don't waste your time....because the doggone girl is mine."
Oy, vey!
(The Doggone) Ravyn Rant

Move to the head of the class by naming who had a hit titled "I'll Be Doggone"????:D

Jill

On the Ice
Come On, Eileen by Dexies Midnight Runners! Barf-a-Rama! I have to wonder just who gave the BJs to get that song any airplay!

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
rusalka said:
some years ago on mtv they showed the videos of a guy called mike flowers or something like that, who did a horrible cover of "venus as a boy" by bjork, does anyone else remember it?

He also did "Wonderwall" by Oasis. :eek: But I don't think you were supposed to take him seriously.

At least I hope not...

Laura :)

I absolutely love "Everybody Get Up" by Five....:laugh:

rusalka

On the Ice
yes,i guess you weren't supposed 2 take him seriously, but everytime i turned on the radio or the tv they would play those songs and it just got on my nerves! :lol:
can't believe it, they're showing figure skating on tv NOW!(oberstdorf gala)