Feelings
Kung Fu Fighting
One Night In Bangkok
Midnight At The Oasis
Disco Duck

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
The single worst song EVER is "Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm" by Crash Test Dummies. I think I would choose death over ever hearing that song again.:D

Feelings is definitely up there, as are most mushy, pop ballads that are completely oversung. (yeah, Michael Bolton, I'm talking to you!)

Heartbeat by Don Johnson.

Laura :)

Is that "Lovin You" the one where the girl sings "la la la la la la" and then does that high pitched "squeel"??? That's definately a song that makes me gag! When it was popular, my Mom used to say "they call that screechin' singing?" It's like nails on a chalk board!

katherine2001

On the Ice
Piel, I agree with you on most of your choices. Another one that I would add from that era is "Loving You" by Minnie Ripperton. I never liked that song and couldn't believe it made it to the top.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
"Halfbreed" by Cher
"The Night That The Lights Went Out In Georgia" by Vickie Lawrence

Aloft04

On the Ice
A moment of reflection for:

"Yummy-Yummy-Yummy I've Got Love in My Tummy."
(Yes, a real song. A really BAD song.)

"One Tin Soldier."

"Havin' My Baby" (barf)

.....and any song from the 60-70s about teen love snuffed in a car wreck or otherwise meeting their makers, like:

"Tell Laura I Love Her"

"Watching Bobby Grow"

"Dead Man's Curve"

I could go on and on....(showing my age, am I?!)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Aloft "Having My baby" is probably the worst song ever.

"Afternoon Delight"

"Wildfire"

Last edited:

Aloft04

On the Ice
:laugh: How could I forget 'MacArthur Park'...

"Someone left the cake out in the rain.... I don't think that I can take it cuz it took so long to make it and I'll never have that recipe a-gaaaaaaain........(lots of howling here). Arggh. :sheesh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I'd better not see "Who Let the Dogs Out?" on this list! I just LOVE that song!

WOOF!
WOOF!
WOOF WOOF!
:) :love: :laugh:

Aloft04

On the Ice
Woof! (ya gotta love it, RealtorGal)

Then there's those two note songs like "Seasons in the Sun" - it just sticks in your head like going to Disneyland and hearing "It's a Small World After All." (Help! Make it STOP!)

...'we had joy-we had fun- we had seasons in the sun-but the hills that we climbed were just..." (something-something-something.)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
"Who Let The Dogs Out?" rocks. Our school mascot is the Bulldog so we are real big on that one here.:love:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
A few more oldies but baddies:

"Afternoon Delight" - Starland Vocal Band
"Oops I Did it Again" - Britney Ho Spears
"Torn Between Two Lovers" - Mary Somebody Forgettable
"The Joker" - Steve Miller

And who can forget that Ricky Martin tune made even more famous by our own beloved William Hung: "SHE BANGS" :eek:

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Nothing could possibly be worse than Terry Jacks and that maudlin mess, "Seasons in the Sun." After the first verse I was screaming, "So, die already and put us out of YOUR misery!!!!" :p

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Who can forget the immortal Mr. Jacks?

Aloft04 said:
...'we had joy-we had fun- we had seasons in the sun-but the hills that we climbed were just..." (something-something-something.)

"seasons out of time."

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Has anyone read Dave Barry's "Book of Bad Songs"? Most of the songs you've listed are mentioned, and it's laugh-out-loud funny from time to time.

Dan Hill - "Sometimes When We Touch" - My dad and I used to make really rude gagging noises whenever this came on the radio.
Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods - "Billy Don't be a Hero" - my best buddy from high school STILL sings this to see if she can make me go "ewww".

(~sings~) It's the songs that make you go ewww...
:laugh:

There are lots more, but it's early and time to get to work. Happy Friday, everybody!
Rave