Worst Pop/Top 40 Songs Ever | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Worst Pop/Top 40 Songs Ever

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Well, if we're adding country music titles, then you have just GOT to check out this list of 200+ cheesy song titles:

http://www.downstream.ca/country.htm

Some of my "favorites" include:

"Am I Double Parked by the Curbstone of Your Heart?"
"At the Gas Station of Love, I Got the Self Service Pump"
"Billy Broke My Heart at Walgreens and I Cried All the Way to Sears"
"Bubba Shot the Jukebox"
"Did I Shave My Legs for This?" (Deana Carter)
"Get Your Biscuits In The Oven, And Your Buns In The Bed"
"How Come Your Dog Don't Bite Nobody But Me?" (by Mel Tillis)
"I Flushed You From The Toilets Of My Heart " (Written by Jack Clement )

"If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You"
I lauged hysterically over this one! :eek: :laugh:

Last Night I Went to Bed with a "10" and Woke this Morning with a "2" (by Willie Nelson)
"My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Sure Do Miss Him " (by Phil Earhart)
"Queen of my Doublewide Trailer"
"She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger"
"You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly" (recorded by Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn"

Then there are the cow songs:
"Cow Cow Blues"
"Cow Cow Boogie - Moo Moo My Love" (recorded by many artists including The Judds & Mel Torme)
"Cow Cow Strut"

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
"I Can't Taste the Vodka in This Drink"

Not an actual song, but a title from a "greatest hits" collection by a country singer played by John Laroquette in a Saturday Night Live episode from the late 80s/early 90s. Wish I could remember some of the other titles from that sketch, the whole thing was absolutely hysterical...:laugh: :laugh:

Lcp88

On the Ice
Ahem, Tainted Love is an AWESOME SONG! You can't go wrong with it, in fact it is currently my cell phone ring tone :). But IMO the number one most annoyingly annoying song would have to be Hey Ya by Outkast. Yes, you won a Grammy, but no, that doesn't mean that every radio station in the world has to play it! It never ends!! But any of the cartoon character's trying to sing Christmas songs comes close. Wasn't there one with the muppets and John Denver singing "The Twelve Days of Christmas?" <shudders> make them sssstttttooooppppp!!!
Laura

Becca84

Rinkside
I'm not sure what the name of the song was, but a line from it is "you & me ain't nothin' but mamals, lets do it like they do on the discovery channel" - that has to be the worst song EVER!!! :eek:

Then there are "classics" like:
Mmm Bop (sp?) by Hanson
The Thong Song by Sisqo
Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman by Britney Spears
My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion

I could go on & on, but I will stop for now w/ possibly the most annoying song ever:

"It's the song that never ends, yes, it goes on & on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, but they'll continue singing it forever just because, it's the song that never ends....." & on & on it goes :sheesh:

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Becca84 said:
I'm not sure what the name of the song was, but a line from it is "you & me ain't nothin' but mamals, lets do it like they do on the discovery channel" - that has to be the worst song EVER!!! :eek:

That's "The Bad Touch" by the Bloodhound Gang. I think they're fabulous! And very entertaining to see in concert. Anyway. :D

Look, you have all listed some monstrously bad songs. But I still maintain that they completely pale, heck, are even non existent when compared to that song spawned straight from the lowest regions of hell, the vile horrendous monstrosity that is "Mmm Mmmm Mmmm." You can list some bad songs. But none of come close....

Laura :)

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I LOVE "Tainted Love"!! Matter of fact, for YEARS I have had a pairs program in mind choreographed to that!!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Um, I love "Tainted Love" and "Bad Touch", too. No accounting for taste, is there? :laugh:
Rave