Ice Dance Mix and Match | Golden Skate

Ice Dance Mix and Match

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
This thread is inspired by the fact that sometimes people have talked about skaters' styles not matching when people suggest partnerships.

So, if all the ice dance teams of now and yesteryear were split (pretend they are all in their twenties and skating now!), who would you match up with whom if they couldn't be with their real partner? Whose styles would fuse well or complement each other and WHY?

Conversely, who wouldn't match well and WHY?

N.B. This is a piece of fun and so people like me, who enjoy ice dance but don't know much about it, can learn more, so please don't get defensive of real teams. We know they are right where they should be!

Also, this is NOT about wanting real splits so please don't bring an agenda, just a musing "what if..." to the task.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Charlie with Tanith, too much chemistry :love:
Alex Shibutani and Madison Chock
Maia S. and Lucca Lanote
Elena I. and Scott Moir
Ruslan and kaitlyn H.
Evan B. and Kaitlin W.

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
And why would you choose the others together? What is it about their styles that would make a good match do you think?

Layback11

Record Breaker
charlie with tanith, too much chemistry :love:
Alex shibutani and madison chock
maia s. And lucca lanote
elena i. And scott moir
ruslan and kaitlyn h.
Evan b. And kaitlin w.
OMG!!! I ship Alex and Madison too and I thought I was alone!!!!

But I like the ShibSibs too much to make that happen!

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Tessa and Cizeron
Meryl and Andrew P.
Anna and Porier
Baker and Alexandra P.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Layback11: Yeees. Like I think she needs someone with a personality like her because she can overshadow to whoever partner not just Evan. And Alex hold back a little with Maia.

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
I think there is too much of a height difference with Meryl and Andrew P. but that would be one beautiful couple. Actually I don't think Meryl is beautiful at all - but she's exotic looking. Andrew, however, is beautiful. :drama:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Among currently competing, Alexadra Paul/Paul Poirier! :love:
Among the already retired dancers, either Anjelika Krylova or Okusana Domnina + Andrew Poje. :love::love: And skating to very passionate Tango as short dance, and Carmen for free, of course. :biggrin:

In my dream, however, if male-male dance team would be allowed, Paul Poirier +Andrew Poje is the best for me! :eek::