Crazy Future Predictions | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Crazy Future Predictions

anyanka

Record Breaker
The entire 2018 Olympic dance podium is coached by Dubreuil & Lauzon:

Gold: Papadakis / Cizeron (France)

Silver: Hurtado / Diaz (Spain)

Bronze: Beaudry / Sorenson (Denmark)

Adelina makes the 2018 ladies team, places 25th in the SP and misses the FS. Camera cuts to Yuna in the VIP section.

AnaBM

Rinkside

Adelina makes the 2018 ladies team, places 25th in the SP and misses the FS. Camera cuts to Yuna in the VIP section.
Yes for Sara and Adri on the podium :cheer:! This would be amazing.
And LOL for the VIP section :),but as much as I don't like Adelina, I don't wish her so much bad.

Rissa

Record Breaker

And entire Men's podium is coached by Orser!

Oh wait, that isn't far-fetched enough to be a crazy prediction, is it.

But I love these:

An American lady wins Olympic gold medal.

A Canadian man wins Olympic gold medal.

Okay, this is too far fetched. :eek::

anyanka

Record Breaker
Yes for Sara and Adri on the podium :cheer:! This would be amazing.
And LOL for the VIP section :),but as much as I don't like Adelina, I don't wish her so much bad.

I don't either. Remember it's a "crazy" future prediction. In all likelihood she'll come back fighting (if she chooses to) to prove to the haters that her victory was not a fluke.

And SI SI SI para Sara y Adri!!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
An insanely-talented jumper named (insert something unpronounceable) from an obscure central Asian country suddenly bursts onto the scene a la Denis Ten and makes waves as the first skater to land a quad flip at worlds, which he wins. He goes on to land all the quads and quints through quint loop and dominates the next three quads.

Misha goes on an "insane arteeste" kick skates to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song in a turtle costume.

Yulia and Yuzuru decide to give pairs a go and become famous for their side-by-side biellmann spins, human-pretzel lift positions, and warhorse programs.

Gracie, sick of being called boring, shocks the pants off the audience with the two oddest programs she could possibly create: the Jaws soundtrack, in a dress with a "shark bite" out of it and everything, and SpiderMan in a red-and-blue jumpsuit that, rather suspiciously, looks like a slightly-altered version of Maxim Kovtun's 2014-15 one...and suddenly everybody loves her for being weird. :laugh2:

I just want to say I am perfectly fine with your Misha and Gracie ideas. I'd love a weird Gracie. . . the shark bite idea is wonderful, someone needs to do that!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Oh dear. Wouldn't you find a whole D/L-coached podium, well, boring? I would. We had the same problem to the end of the Detroit School of Dance reign. Cookie cutter programs all trying to emulate either the Marlie or Voir templates. In this case, however, it would be all soft romantic programs. Enough of them are like eating too much candy; sweet yes, but a bit nauseating too. Don't get me wrong--I've been a (very) vocal supporter of all three teams, but I do think there are severe limitations to the Montreal School of Dance. In fact, the one thing I am most interested in is seeing P/C's FD next year. The WC crown gives them a certain freedom in terms of pushing the edge, and I hope they push hard!

anyanka

Record Breaker
Oh dear. Wouldn't you find a whole D/L-coached podium, well, boring? I would. We had the same problem to the end of the Detroit School of Dance reign. Cookie cutter programs all trying to emulate either the Marlie or Voir templates. In this case, however, it would be all soft romantic programs. Enough of them are like eating too much candy; sweet yes, but a bit nauseating too. Don't get me wrong--I've been a (very) vocal supporter of all three teams, but I do think there are severe limitations to the Montreal School of Dance. In fact, the one thing I am most interested in is seeing P/C's FD next year. The WC crown gives them a certain freedom in terms of pushing the edge, and I hope they push hard!

Agreed, but the momentum is with Montreal at the moment. Neither C/L nor the Shibs are doing it for Marina these days. We'll see how Igor and Anjelika's teams perform this quad (likely consistently and will get on the podium).

Celine

On the Ice

Definitely agree with you WeakAnkles. Let's see what what sorts of tactical decisions are made now that they have the World title during the first post-Olympic year, and several years still to go before 2018.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
An insanely-talented jumper named (insert something unpronounceable) from an obscure central Asian country suddenly bursts onto the scene a la Denis Ten and makes waves as the first skater to land a quad flip at worlds, which he wins. He goes on to land all the quads and quints through quint loop and dominates the next three quads.

Misha goes on an "insane arteeste" kick skates to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song in a turtle costume.

Yulia and Yuzuru decide to give pairs a go and become famous for their side-by-side biellmann spins, human-pretzel lift positions, and warhorse programs.

Gracie, sick of being called boring, shocks the pants off the audience with the two oddest programs she could possibly create: the Jaws soundtrack, in a dress with a "shark bite" out of it and everything, and SpiderMan in a red-and-blue jumpsuit that, rather suspiciously, looks like a slightly-altered version of Maxim Kovtun's 2014-15 one...and suddenly everybody loves her for being weird. :laugh2:

And side-by-side layback Ina Bauers in the choreographic sequence! :laugh:

Last edited: