Beverly Sills was stalked by a trucker from Detroit | Golden Skate

Beverly Sills was stalked by a trucker from Detroit

rtureck

Final Flight
According to

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/195637p-168905c.html

Victoria Glover, 39, was arrested at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday after she showed up at the stage door of the Metropolitan Opera house at Lincoln Center to ask Sills to be her bride.

Cops said Glover has been stalking Sills, who is married and has two grown children, since November, when she began calling the soprano's office at the Met.

"Sills is aware of the defendant's efforts to contact her . . . and has experienced fear for her physical safety as a result," NYPD Detective Carl Roadarmel wrote in a report

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
When I read the title to this thread, I just could not figure out what that meant because you wrote the word "stalked" as "stocked"! I kept thinking "stocked by a trucker" like "put on a shelf by a trucker who didn't notice that she was in the packing crate" or something ridiculous along those lines.

I know, I know--I was a bit dense!

Then I realized you meant "stalked".
:D :laugh:

Last edited:

rtureck

Final Flight
To the moderators, any chance the title of thread can be changed from stocked to stalked? :D :laugh:

BTW, what is Detroit's image. When I think of Detroit, I think of cars.

Clarifying the myths about operas:

Operas are not long, the average opera is 23 minutes shorter than an average broadway play. (Of course if the Rhine maidens had paid attention to Alberich, that might spare us 24 solid hours of ..... Sorry can't resist, believe me, I am listening to Wagner nowadays. I went through the entire ring once, and relistened to Das Rheingold, and Die Walkure twice this past season)

You don't have to know a foreign language to appreciate operas, there are English subtitles.

Operas are not boring, full of power, lust, jealousy, and politics, just like your local state capital .

Last edited:
I see it as the basis for a new opera with a Soprano and an Mezzo in the lead. They sing a conflicting Love Duet. A tenor (investigating officer) is strangely attracted to both women. A chorus is chanting out a pro and con vigil by the police station. The tenor appears to announce that there has been a suicide and sings the great aria WHY. One of the divas emerges and sings Dont' ask me, I won't tell. The curtain falls, and the baritone sticks his head out from curtain and sing La Comdia e finte.

In October, Paul Wylie skates to Why. Michelle and Sasha skate to the Love Duet.

Hope bubbles ix ok

Joe

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
rtureck said:
To the moderators, any chance the title of thread can be changed from stocked to stalked? :D :laugh:
But then my post will make NO sense! Besides, it's funny this way--we can all simply write opera plots based on "stocked". :eek: :eek: :eek:

I changed the typo in the title.

But seriously, has anyone ever tried to write a full-length skating show with original music? I know Carmen on Ice with Katarina Witt was a big success. It won some kind of Emmy, IIFC.

About stalking, I suppose everyone who is in the public eye runs risks of this sort. Figure skaters, too. Does anyone know if there have been any serious criminal situations involving skaters?

Mathman :mad:

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I remember Dorothy Hamill had a skater and her coach try to run Dorothy down with their car. Dorothy never would say who it was. I think the coach was driving. I guess it would have been criminal had someone pursued it but don't think any one did.

Mathman said:
About stalking, I suppose everyone who is in the public eye runs risks of this sort. Figure skaters, too. Does anyone know if there have been any serious criminal situations involving skaters?
Mathman :)
Katarina Witt was stalked for years, maybe still is. I don't know how the situation was resolved, but it was serious.
Rgirl

You know, without the first part of your post, that :) after your name looks so evil, lol.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Alexei Yagudin has a restraining order out against a fan. She used to post quite regularly on the figure skating boards, but now I guess she mostly lurks. Haven't seen her name come up recently.

Laura :)

(ooh, a skating opera about an Olympic champion being stalked by a psychotic fan...)

(on another note, I once had a person apply for a job at my bookstore. The position he wanted? "Stalker." :D)

Rgirl said:
You know, without the first part of your post, that :) after your name looks so evil, lol.
:) ? What :) ?

Originally posted by PrincessLeppard
(on another note, I once had a person apply for a job at my bookstore. The position he wanted? "Stalker." :D
:laugh: You made that up! :laugh:

Mathman:) :( :eek: :D ;) :p :love: :mad: :rolleye:

rtureck

Final Flight
RealtorGal said:
Mathman, you are just NO FUN! :eek: :p :eek: :p

I admire the moderators, they make sure there is maximum accuracy in everything, so they edit typos (by request this time). They may take away some fun from others. But this thread worked out nicely, folks are still able to have fun. Please carry on the fun :D or :eek: Actually, if something is so much fun, fun ...fun, people won't forget, even if the original typo was edited.

Back to opera themes. I want to substitute Joesitz idea of soprano and mezzo to soprano and counter tenor, or soprano, mezzo and tenor to soprano, mezzo and counter tenor. In Handel's days I am sure the cast would be very different.:eek:

Last edited: