New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan? | Page 20 | Golden Skate

New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that I have posted a partial updated to the joint Fan Fest for the Gjersem twins:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?59050-Anne-Line-Gjersem-amp-Camilla-Marie-Gjersem

The videos of their performances still have to be added in. But, I have added in links to all the videos in the YouTube account associated with their joint blog. So, that should keep you entertained in the meantime.

But, the rest of the videos should be done soon.

The reason I am putting up a partial update is that I am using this Fan Fest to test a new feature of the tables, and I would like your opinion on it before I update any more Fan Fests.

Basically, it is the colour coding for absolute PB's and absolute SB's.

Also, any time I have put in the key, I have added a disclaimer to make clear that this is my own work. And, as such, it may not be complete.

So, what do you think?

CaroLiza_fan

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Can I start a thread for Brian's student Stephen Gogolev?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finished updating the Gjersem Twins:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?59050-Anne-Line-Gjersem-amp-Camilla-Marie-Gjersem

HOWEVER, I think I have come across something worrying.

There were a LOT fewer videos on YouTube than I expected. When I searched for “Gjersem”, there were only 5 pages worth of performance videos. Just less than 100 videos is not a lot, especially considering that the search was taking in 2 skaters.

Admittedly, a lot of the competitions that the twins have competed in have been Senior B’s or domestic competitions. And it is only in the past couple of years that these sorts of events have started to be filmed.

On the other hand, between them the twins have competed at 16 Major events (be it Junior or Senior level). And normally there are at least half a dozen videos uploaded for each performance at the Major events (apart from the Olympics, of course, where the videos get taken down very quickly).

However, there were a great lack of videos from even the Majors. There were a lot of competitions where there was only 1 copy from each segment. Or, just 1 video from the entire competition, even though the twin in question competed in both segments.

That is not normal for the Majors.

And this is why I am getting concerned. I am starting to think that there has maybe been a purge of figure skating videos on YouTube.

Also, it was VERY noticeable that there were very few Eurosport videos.

So, are we starting to see the affects of Eurosport’s new ownership? Are Discovery clamping down and getting Eurosport videos removed?

That said, there were not as many TDP or спорт-2 videos as I was expecting either.

All of which makes me think that figure skating videos are getting targeted and removed en masse.

If this is the case, it is very disappointing for us fans.

CaroLiza_fan

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Finished updating the Gjersem Twins:

HOWEVER, I think I have come across something worrying.

There were a LOT fewer videos on YouTube than I expected. When I searched for “Gjersem”, there were only 5 pages worth of performance videos. Just less than 100 videos is not a lot, especially considering that the search was taking in 2 skaters.

Admittedly, a lot of the competitions that the twins have competed in have been Senior B’s or domestic competitions. And it is only in the past couple of years that these sorts of events have started to be filmed.

On the other hand, between them the twins have competed at 16 Major events (be it Junior or Senior level). And normally there are at least half a dozen videos uploaded for each performance at the Major events (apart from the Olympics, of course, where the videos get taken down very quickly).

However, there were a great lack of videos from even the Majors. There were a lot of competitions where there was only 1 copy from each segment. Or, just 1 video from the entire competition, even though the twin in question competed in both segments.

That is not normal for the Majors.

And this is why I am getting concerned. I am starting to think that there has maybe been a purge of figure skating videos on YouTube.

Also, it was VERY noticeable that there were very few Eurosport videos.

So, are we starting to see the affects of Eurosport’s new ownership? Are Discovery clamping down and getting Eurosport videos removed?

That said, there were not as many TDP or спорт-2 videos as I was expecting either.

All of which makes me think that figure skating videos are getting targeted and removed en masse.

If this is the case, it is very disappointing for us fans.

CaroLiza_fan

Have you tried Dailymotion? There may be some there because YouTube's copyright rules are tougher.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Have you tried Dailymotion? There may be some there because YouTube's copyright rules are tougher.

Personally, I don't like using Dailymotion, because the memory-sapping adverts make it difficult to watch. Hey, I actively avoid watching competitions that are streamed on it.

But, in light of this theory about videos disappearing from YouTube, I do think it's a good idea to look elsewhere. So, I will do searches on Dailymotion (and Vimeo as well).

Thank you for the suggestion. :bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I wish for fan fests for French junior ice dancers, Natacha LAGOUGE / Corentin RAHIER and US juniors, Eliana GROPMAN / Ian SOMERVILLE. They are so charming.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Do Cain and Le Duc have one yet? I was going to hold off on creating any more for now but these two have caught my eye...