New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan? | Page 19 | Golden Skate

New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

OniBan

Final Flight
He's not in any of the list but I want to adopt my home country skater Julian Yee!

am hoping to get a thread going as soon as I get some free time this weekend

Alex D

Record Breaker
I have to ask, but Dasa Grm - does she not have a thread yet? I wanted to post her starting number and PPC´s for Worlds, but I can not find her thread. Maybe I imagined things again, as I thought she was adopted, so if she has no daddy or mommy yet, I will make one if you give me the go, Doris.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I expected the list for adoptee has Amy Lin of Taiwan and Maisy Hiu Ching MA of Hong Kong who were both active in juniors and seniors, He Zhang of China in junior men, but not yet. I may create a fanfest for Amy sooner or later. She is my new favorite of the season.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Will see if I can do it tomorrow ;)

Edit:

Still on it, just deploying her bed, so she has a place to sleep at my "orphan village".

Will wrap up the season for my kids in the next weeks + post Dasa Grm, but I am very busy right now so this might take a bit longer. I hope to have it all updated and finished before summer, though.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I expected the list for adoptee has Amy Lin of Taiwan and Maisy Hiu Ching MA of Hong Kong who were both active in juniors and seniors, He Zhang of China in junior men, but not yet. I may create a fanfest for Amy sooner or later. She is my new favorite of the season.

I did add them to the list.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think with all the North Korean skaters who won at the World Development Trophy this weekend, it might not be a bad idea to have a Team North Korea fan fest. I can't take it on but just throwing the idea out there. I know the PRK pairs team has one already, but one for all the others--I think they won three out of four events for adv novice and junior, so there's some up and comers.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I have a couple of skaters that I think I will eventually get around to adopting (mostly juniors), and I wanted to post it here so I have a way to keep track of them and remind myself to get around to it.

1. Alexia Paganini-USA (junior lady) ADOPTED http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?59322-Alexia-Paganini

2. Tullia Maria Trevisan-Italy (Junior lady), AKA my favorite "discovery" of the Gardena Spring Trophy :laugh:

3. Eliana Gropman/Ian Sommerville-USA (junior ice dancers)

4. Sohyun Ahn-South Korea (junior lady)

5. Ho Jung Lee/Richard Kang In Kam-South Korea (junior ice dancers)

This will very likely get added on to.

Also, I was going to adopt Kaori Sakamoto, but then I found out she already had a fan fest-which nobody has posted in. :laugh:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm planning to make threads of retired but best skaters in history, mostly French ice dancers and Chinese pair skaters. Such fanfests wouldn't get many updates like the currently active skaters, but I wish we have some sort of archive of past performances and great skaters.

I'm about to finish a fanfest for Delobel/Schoenfelder and my next plan is to create a respective fanfest for Anissina/Peizerat and Duchesnays. If I have a time, Shen/Zhao and Pang/Tong (for update) are my plan.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What a lovely project!

It will be wonderful, especially since we are in the off season, to have it made easy to watch videos of these wonderful skaters' past performances!

I think I will need to add a Hall of Fame section to the Index List for these threads!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
May we have an alphabetized list for the Fan Fest? It's sometimes very difficult to find a skater amidst pages of names and threads these days.