Alaine Chartrand | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alaine Chartrand

witcher

Match Penalty
Bravo Alaine! :clapper:
LOL at Eurosport commentator "there must be sth in the water, because she won SP last year there as well". :laugh:

jg2000

On the Ice
I am ridiculously happy! Congratulations, and I thought she should have been 1st in both segments of the competition! If she can do this at Worlds, she would deservedly (imo) place in the top six.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yay Alaine! :cheer: I am sooooo happy for her that she was finally able to skate this program to its potential when it counted most!!!!

lyndichee

Medalist
So glad she won, I definitely thought she was cheated during the SP! Hopefully she can skate personal bests at Worlds with the 3A in the LP. It's about time she crushed her old FS best.

liv

Record Breaker
Agreed. Her free has beaten her all season and finally she conquered it. Lets hope Gwtw is going to bring her more luck in Boston.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I love both of her programs. So much, that they both fit into my "Favourite Programs of the Season" lists. Alaine showed great skating at Canadian nationals! Congrats!

While I loved her SP just after seeing it for the second time, it took me much longer to like her FS. The 3A attempts ruining the flow of the program did not help at all. So I decided to ignore the jumps in the GP performances and focused on everything else - the spins, the footwork, especially the artistry. And I was not disappointed. The choreography was actually done very well. Then, her performance at nationals was just brilliant, and showed people how great this program actually is.

Plumededragon

Medalist
she can resume triple axel attempts NEXT year ;)
I agree. Her 3A is too unstable for now, it was wise of her to remove it from her FP. With good training, she may have it ready for tries during next season, we'll see. :)
She didn't need it to win, and deservedly so. Congrats Alaine!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Partay in here too!
I was rally afraid Osmond's gonna win but Alaine did flawleesly & :points: 2 amazing programms!
She's Queen Alaine now!:dance3:

Last edited: