Konstantin Menshov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Konstantin Menshov

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=98564

Konstantin Menshov: there are plans to execute two quads in the short program, and three - in any

This week kicks off a series of Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The first stage - "Skate America" ​​- will be held on October 23-25 ​​in Milwaukee (USA). Among the participants of the competition - Russian figure skater Konstantin Menshov. Before leaving the US, Konstantin Menshov shared expectations with a special correspondent of the Agency of the sports information "All Sport" Boris Jodorowsky.

- After returning from the tournament series "Challenger" in Oberstsdorfe (Germany) with the coach we are working to resolve identified deficiencies, - said Konstantin Menshov. - In Germany, I took off in the long program score because I missed the music. For rent in St. Petersburg fit. We have made minor adjustments to the track pitches. It has become faster and more booming.

- Is it true that you plan to execute two quads in the short program, and three - in any?
- Plans are there. The main thing - to realize them.

- Will have time to acclimatize to America, arriving there three days before the start?
- It's always a difficult question. In order not to experience such problems, you need to arrive either very advance, or just before the start. In addition, where more problems gives acclimatization after the return flight.

- How to assess the composition of the "Skate America"?
- On the stage the Grand Prix of weak opponents does not happen. Generally, I try not to pay attention to those who advocate either before or after me. My goal - to clean skate their programs, like the audience and judges.

- The American public, as a rule, the heat takes its only skaters. You find it hard to play there?
- I have the experience of playing at "Skate America" ​​and complain about the negative reception can not. Although, of course, much nicer to speak at home in Russian, or in Japan, where all skaters take fantastic.

I will be rooting for you, Konstantin!

And thank you for the great photos, YesWay!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I HAVE TOO MANY FAVOURITES AT SKATE AMERICA #skatingworldproblems :no:

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm going to be a very inappropriate old lady and say that those skinny jeans really, ahem, work well on him. ;)

Spiral

Final Flight
Wishing Konstantin to have two solid skates tomorrow and on Saturday. :cool:

Here's some photos I took of Konstantin at Finlandia Trophy last weekend.
Wow, these are just incredible! I literally can't thank you enough for sharing so many outstanding photos of Konstantin and other skaters. I've bookmarked your page. Very happy fan here!

I HAVE TOO MANY FAVOURITES AT SKATE AMERICA #skatingworldproblems :no:
I have the same problem with both men and ladies single at SA this year. No matter how it goes, there'll be very deserving and talented people whose skating I enjoy a lot who'll end up off the podium whom I'll be very sorry for. I usually do have some skaters who I root for first and foremost, like Konstantin, but there are often quite a few skaters who I like a lot too and wish to do well.

Spiral

Final Flight
I haven't had a chance to see his SP yet, but am very happy for him: in 3rd place, less than a point from the 1st and 1st in technique! Way to go! Just, please, keep it up for one more skate tomorrow!!! Wishing him the best of luck!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was at SA and he never fell in practice...in fact, I don't remember seeing him fall anywhere in recent memory, sigh. I was really impressed with him up until things fell apart in the FS - but to be fair, they fell apart for a lot of the men. Still, he put up a good fight, and the SP was just fantastic. :cheer:

Spiral

Final Flight
I was at SA and he never fell in practice...in fact, I don't remember seeing him fall anywhere in recent memory, sigh. I was really impressed with him up until things fell apart in the FS - but to be fair, they fell apart for a lot of the men. Still, he put up a good fight, and the SP was just fantastic. :cheer:
Well, it's nerves. He was third, less than a point away from the first. And he's never even medalled at a GP event before. But the program was still enjoyable to watch, despite the mistakes; it looked interesting and genuine, as all his programs. And the SP was indeed fantastic. I think his coach said before that they were planning to do a B event between SA and NHK because they are so far apart. Perhaps, he'll be less nervous at this B competition, and it'll help him restore confidence and pull himself together before NHK.

LRK

Record Breaker
The Skating Lesson actually had a few Menshov tweets...

The Skating Lesson ‏@SkatingLesson · Oct 24
PAUSE. My man Menshov. We now have learned the story of his footwork. #love #skateamerica
https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/657981382371618816

Menshov says the theme of this program is the demon within all of us that we struggle with, hence the crying post-footwork #SkateAmerica

Spiral

Final Flight
Menshov says the theme of this program is the demon within all of us that we struggle with, hence the crying post-footwork #SkateAmerica
That's interesting. I've read a brief interview with him after the SP at SA in which he said that his LP is about "the madness in our world" (http://m.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20151024/873966246.html). But then he seems like a kind of person to change his mind about the meaning of his programs or possibly even to attach different alternative meanings to them. I guess as the season progresses, and he keeps skating his programs in practices and competitions and thinking about them, new meanings come to his mind. And it's this overthinking that makes his programs interesting for me to watch. It's always about something, and even when I don't know the meaning he has in mind, I can generally sense the mood.

LRK

Record Breaker
I really love the LP - it just really works for me. Sadly, it wasn't skated at its best at SA - the performance was still good, I thought, but since one knows the difference between how it was, and how it can be, that was noticeable. I still enjoyed it, though. The music cuts just really work for me (note again: my high tolerance level for medleys; I'm thinking to myself how much I love the cuts - and meanwhile others are commenting on how awful they are! ;)) This is my favourite Menshov program of those I've ever seen. (Note: I haven't really seen that many; merely those of later years.)

ETA - Maybe it is the madness - the demons - within us that causes the world to be mad, when we do not successfully defeat them? And/or the madness around us arouses the madness within, which we then have to fight? Maybe those two things are connected?

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
But... the ice ring was empty ! :eekn:
It must be strange (awful ?) to skate with quite no public :roll9:

It's the same at the Tallinn Trophy...empty. You can see larger crowds at little local competitions in St. Petersburg.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/22907.html

Konstantin Menshov: Merano tried to change the order of execution quadruple jumps in the free program
17.11.2015 23:32:01 | Figure skating | news

In Merano (Italy) has passed the international tournament on figure skating singles Merano Cup. The competition and the women and men won Russian athletes - prize-winner of the World Cup 2012. Alena Leonova and European medalist in 2014, Konstantin Menshov. On his speech, the special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Boris Jodorowsky told Konstantin Menshov.

- Between the two stages of the Grand Prix, in which I had the act by lot was big enough gap, - he noted Konstantin Menshov. - So be sure needed one more international competition. Competitions in Italy reached optimal maturity. Merano is located in the midlands, but it hardly felt.

- A serious contender in this competition you did not have. How do you assess your rental?
- After returning to the "Skate America" ​​I was ill and dropped out of the training cycle. Valya with a high temperature. In Merano I went without preparation. Only one day fine hopped on the training and passed the layout program. In the circumstances, I satisfied with his performance.

- As you plan to carry a maximum of five quadruple jump in the two programs. What succeeded in Merano?
- In the short program was limited to one. And the two made ​​a purely arbitrary, and the third twisted to the end, but with a blot. At the same time, in Merano, I tried to change the order of execution quadruple jumps in the free program. The third quadruple inserted in the first part. Literally on the fly I come up the steps to approach the jump to get into the music. And right now in training I will work out this option.

- Flatters vanity, that the list of winners of the Merano Cup your name is on a par with Javier Fernandez and Denis Ten?
- Above this no thought. Although he knew that they won in Merano. It's nice to win any competition.

- In Italy, it was taken some security measures after the terrorist attacks in Paris?
- No, everything was quiet. When learned the news of what had happened in Paris and cancellation stage in Bordeaux after the short program, we were all in shock.

Catlau

On the Ice
So... Konstantin was ill after the Skate America, and had very few days of "normal" training before the Murano Cup.
What he could achieve in this cup in such conditions is then really astonishing :jaw: Congratulations again !! :hap10: