Movies - Special Editions - Wow | Golden Skate

Movies - Special Editions - Wow

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just purchased the DVD Special Editions of "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" and "Gone with the Wind" and "Great Escape."

It took two days to watch the whole Good, Bad and Ugly DVD - with all the special features. Amazing. If you are an Eastwood fan, you don't want to miss this one! It was completley unedited. It took over three hours to watch the whole movie. There were a lot of scenes cut out of the original. Now the story makes more sense to me and there was a lot of historical background in the movie as well.

"Gone with the Wind" was wonderful - as always - but especially the remastered version. The colour is just fantastic and so crisp. It was just like seeing it for the first time - I cried buckets.

The "Great Escape" has a documentary about the real story and about the making of the movie.

Great!!!

Lucy25

Final Flight
They have a special edition of "Gone With the Wind"??? I have to own this! It is my favorite movie of all times.

The problem with these DVD's is that even though they offer so much move to the movie, I want MORE (yes, I'm greedy:D ). More out takes, more interviews, more backstage information, etc...

Thanks for starting this thread so that I know this exists.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Lucy25:

I know what you mean. I really got my moneys worth with The Good The Bad and The Ugly! However, Gone with the Wind is basically just the movie restored - no real special features. I was expecting more "behind the scenes" stuff. Anyway, it's a treat to see the entire movie and in such vivid colour. Buy it!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Sounds cool, Lad. I am so totally hooked on DVD's now. The only problem is I have a huge collection of video tapes and am slowly trying to replace them with DVD's. By the time I do that, something new and innovative in movie taping will probably come out and I'll have to start all over again........:\ 42

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I am also addicted to DVD bonus features!!! In my opinion the most extensive collection of behind the scenes and making of the movie materials can be found in the special extended editions of the lord of the rings trilogies. Each movie contains like 30 extra mins worth of scenes which were edited from the theater version, plus 2 whole discs of documentaries about the production. Really fascinating, but I'm sort of a Tolkien nerd.

I also really like watching dvd's with the directors commentary turned on.... the best ever is the commentary from spinal tap. Hilarious.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dad loves the Elvis movie DVDs... they have lots of neat triva things... and interviews with today's celebrities gushing about Elvis ;)

Lucy25

Final Flight
Ladskater said:
Lucy25:
I know what you mean. I really got my moneys worth with The Good The Bad and The Ugly! However, Gone with the Wind is basically just the movie restored - no real special features. I was expecting more "behind the scenes" stuff. Anyway, it's a treat to see the entire movie and in such vivid colour. Buy it!!
Will do this weekend!