So Long Amigos | Golden Skate

So Long Amigos

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I thought GS was not too bad a place to express ones' thoughts about skating, but sadly, I was wrong.

There are still those posters who like to "get their little digs" in one way or another.

I sort of got into a "habit" here of contributing or replying to the posts, but I learned my lesson. It's really not worth it to be insulted or to read of one of my favorite skaters or skating teams being "put down."

I was a figure skater and a figure skating fan for many years before Golden Skate even existed. It's kind of weird when I think about it. What's my connection to the skating world now? Really just many lovely youthful memories spent on the ice and hours of practice. It's kind of like trying to relive the past - actually a little painful at times.

Even Toller, learned to let go of skating and move on. Maybe I should too.

I'll check in from time to time, but will hold off on the comments.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Oh come on now Lad. Please don't leave because of just a few bad apples. I want you to stay. PLEEEEZ :cry:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Grgranny:

Thanks! I can always "count on you."

:)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure what the problem is/was. I have five moderators and it's hard to believe that they were unable to assist in any "bashing" or "violations" - assuming you reported any?

No time for guessing games on my part, but I don't feel it's fair for you to bad-mouth Golden Skate as a whole.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
gsk8:

Hmm....nothing against Golden Skate - just don't feel like putting my feelings out there anymore. One two many derogative comments - for my liking.

Most of the time I enjoy reading and contributing here, and try not to take anything too serious, but perhaps, I am a little sensitive today.

My feelings expressed were not about Golden Skate as a whole - just someone's comments. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Come on Lad, take a break from posting if you think you must, but stick around. We need your presence here, it wouldn't be the same without you.........at least stay over in the Cafe section. I think in the off season, people may get a little too "catty" or nitpicky maybe out of boredom.....:( 42

Ladskater

Record Breaker
show 42:

You may be right about that!! I do enjoy the Le Cafe file. Maybe, I do need a break.

Thanks.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lad... I think what Paula was getting at was the
I thought GS was not too bad a place to express ones' thoughts about skating, but sadly, I was wrong.
comment. Saying GS isn't that place anymore because you got your feelings hurt by one or even two individuals does not make the board as a whole bad.

If you HAVE A PROBLEM with any poster try to resolve it through PM if that doesn't work the moderators are more than willing to help you out. That's what we're here for. :)

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Tonichelle:

Thanks for the explanation. I am a little sensative - especially about figure skating. It's funny eventhough, I don't skate much anymore, I am somehow still "attached" to it. I don't usually let people get to me, but lately I have been under a lot of stress at work.

"This too shall pass" as the saying goes.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Lad, Lad, Lad, who made you upset! I'll take care of them for ya! In all seriousness I wouldn't let anyone here on the board get to you. You have a lot of passion for figure skating and knowledge that cannot be ignored. Do what I do, just read what interest you and forget about the rest. We need the old timers to stick around to show the new ones how to act;)

bronxgirl

Medalist
Lad,
us "newbies" rely on people like you to remind us of the history of the sport (I am NOT implying you're old :laugh: ). Your posts have always reminded me of skaters I watched in the past (distant or otherwise) whether I liked them or not and helped me to find a new way to enjoy them.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Whoa LADSKATER!

You are number 8 in the "Top 30 Posters" That makes you like royalty on this forum.

You have insight, knowledge, and experience that most of us would love to have a fraction of. I have anjoyed reading your posts. I think I read that Sonja Henie and Dick Button are your favorite skaters...they are 2 people that serioulsy pioneered this sport for all who take to the ice in their tracings. What amazing appreciation. And I am finding that it is rare to find another Sonja fan out there.

I have been away for about 8 months (feeding the skating habit) and I am not sure the history of this matter, but no matter. I see LADSKATER I read. As a skater you know that bumps, briuses, scrapes, and hurt feelings can sometimes be part of it, but we carry on because we love this sport.

You sort of have your own fan base built up (as evidenced by the replies to this post) and you would be doing us a disservice by not sharing you thoughts, insights, and experience.

Okay, I am stepping off of the preaching podium...someone else get up here!

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Glacierskater:

Thanks! Actually, I "got over it." I was a wee bit sensitive and took something the wrong way. I am still here adding my "two bits" every now and then.

My favorite skaters by the way are not Dick Button and Sonja Henie (all though they are certainly great). My favorite skater - Male - is Kurt Browning and my favorite female skater of course is Karen Magnussen and is my skating "hero." As well, Yuka Sato is also on my list of favorite female skaters of today.

I think we sometimes express ourselves here and expect everyone to be "on the same page" as us, not realizing that someone may have a "negative" opinion of what we are saying. It kind of "goes deep" when it's a reference to a skater we may really like. I have never thought it a good idea to be overly critical of people's opinions about figure skaters. Figure skating is a wonderful sport and every skater deserves our respect - whether they have made it all the way to the top or not - they have all taken a risk and worked very hard.

Having been a skater, I know how difficult the comeptitive world of figure skating is and how hard these skaters work.

Thanks again for your words. It's wonderful to know that one is appreciated!!!

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Maybe it was Joesitz that liked Sonja...my bad. At any rate, I am glad that you are still among us, and I hope that you won't let someone else's opinion influence your participation. Happy skating and happy posting!