Dancing With The Stars | Golden Skate

Dancing With The Stars

I thought the semi-final tonight was one of the best shows ever in overall quality. I am rooting for Rumer Willis to win. Best individual performance tonight = Sharna in the Paso Doble. (OK, she's not a contestant, but still. :) ) Best dance tonight = Nastia's quickstep.

Best music: Swan Lake swept everything else off the stage. Someone ought to skate to it. :)

Evan Lysacek got to give a five-second plug for Nastia. :)

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
Willow Shields went home too early. Her dance numbers were so interesting to watch.

Watching Len dance gave me tears.

Rumer as the Black Swan was good.

Nastia's dress (creamy yellow) was soooo pretty.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a hard choice between the final 3.

As far as dance goes, I think Riker is the best. Noah brings such inspiration to us all, his dance last night brought me to tears. Rumer is fantastic but I do think Riker is the best.

Johar said:
No threads this season?

I know and wondered why myself. Maybe no one is watching.

They had a ballroom completion on PBS last evening and it was quite different than the classical ballroom style. The people seemed in awe of many of the lifts and I thought they should be in love with ice dancing then. Has ballroom competitions changed??

QMATTERS

Rinkside
I was so pleased who won last night. Well done! The biggest surprise this season was that Noah made the first marriage proposal on live TV to his girlfriend. It was an enjoyable season. Hate to admit that I will miss Len.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was rooting so hard for Riker, I think he is a natural dancer and he should have won.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Nastia was wonderful. Really Noah should have gone first but the people are inspired and rightly so at all he did. And the proposal helped. I wonder who will be on the tour?

I noticed ice between Max and Meryl and wonder if his saying that his girl is Peta murgatroyd rubbed her the wrong way. No showmance in that dance. Meryl is vey queenly now that she is Olympic gold medalist. Maks and Peta seem a very natural looking couple. Will she marry him and have the Russian babies? I was happy for Val and Rumer and wondered if Rumer took dance frowning up. She must have. Will the shark marry the pretty dancer teacher? I think maybe as he was crushed by his divorce. He owes her a Ferari for making him look halfway decent on the floor.

Patti Labelle was great and Suzanne Somers was pretty darn good. Yeah older folks. Willow was charming. Mark Ballas does well with teens and Riker was fun to watch. Lots of style and his great blond hair. I think maybe his cockiness went over not as well as Rumers constant effusive oh shucks I'm happy to be here every week. She was quite good and won over the TV audience. Either beautiful or odd looking she surely looks every inch Demi Moores kid.

I love Derek wow does he heal fast. What a life they lead. So much fun and hard work but exciting stuff in La.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Riker was fun to watch. Lots of style and his great blond hair. I think maybe his cockiness went over not as well as Rumers constant effusive oh shucks I'm happy to be here every week.

I didn't think Riker was cocky at all. I think he put everything into his dance. I think when Len compared Riker to Gene Kelly said a whole lot.

Overall I was satisfied how it came out. Riker was great at the kind of dancing that he does, but I thought that Rumer was outstanding at pure ballroom. Nastia could do things no one else could do and deserved to get to the semifinals. It is not possible to evaluate Noah's actual dancing, but good for him.

My season favorite was shark-man Robert. No one on the show had more fun than he did. :clap:

Last edited:

mnm464

On the Ice
The top three was so solid this season. I wanted them to all win! Missing Meryl and Maks' dancing though