'Jeremy Abbott aims to be a contender' - Examiner Article

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
June is not far away, so we'll hear soon.

Since the GP assignments are due in mid-June, Jeremy will likely be on there.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
My first reaction was that seems fair. Set a goal, see where you are, go from there.

Then I remembered. . . its Jeremy.

So, I expect that he will not retire.

Ohh well, crowds still like him, he still wants to be there. . . whatever. I can't decide if i want to root for him or just let him be happy and skate.

samm22

On the Ice
I just hope he can achieve what he wants to achieve and go away from competing happy so that he can focus more time on choreographing beautiful programs. :)

centerpt1

On the Ice
I hope he gets the three different quads he is currently training, stays healthy, and shows everyone what a complete skater looks like at Nationals. Jason will be heavily backed-quad or no quad, so Jeremy will have to be twice as good to beat him.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
My first reaction was that seems fair. Set a goal, see where you are, go from there.

Then I remembered. . . its Jeremy.

So, I expect that he will not retire.

Ohh well, crowds still like him, he still wants to be there. . . whatever. I can't decide if i want to root for him or just let him be happy and skate.

I don´t know why your post made me laught.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So i have settled on a prediction.

He is going to in June say that he is going to compete because he wants to compete in his 10th US Nationals. Fine, whatever, actually that would be kinda neat and I would not blame the guy for wanting to go if only for that.

And I predict he will get at least a pewter. So around this time next year, we will hear him say he wants his 10th medal, even if only pewter. . . echo the last sentence of prior paragraph.

I am not predicting his success in 2017. . . yet.

Ten US championships would not be the worst way to end a career.

apple123

On the Ice
I want him to go out on a high note. What better way than his 10th nationals and home WC? So one more year, plz.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jeremy Abbott has determined that if he can land two different quads by June he will continue on and compete this upcoming season.

This is so close to being almost exactly what he said at this time last year that I had to examine the article closely to make sure this wasn't a zombie article. And look how that turned out - he kept going anyway, but we didn't see hide nor hair of this "second quad".

I hope he gets the three different quads he is currently training, stays healthy, and shows everyone what a complete skater looks like at Nationals. Jason will be heavily backed-quad or no quad, so Jeremy will have to be twice as good to beat him.

You mean, the reigning National Champion might get some backing? The very consistent reigning National Champion? Shock and horror! :rolleye:

There are multiple men rotating three different quads. If the talk is to be believed, Max can hit Salchow, toe, and loop. Doesn't mean a thing til anyone does them in competition. Artur was able to hit 4T, 4S, 4Lo, 4F and 4Lz in practice; we only ever saw one of those in competition. (So far, anyway.) It's the thing to do, to say these things.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I am so tired of the Jeremy merry-go-round. He's immensely talented, but he's going to be 30 this year. How long can his body keep up? Unlike other skaters who may have had their best days in the past but keep skating, continuing for him could actually be dangerous.

mnm464

On the Ice
i get that some people say retire, but honestly I think it's good to have him in the field to raise the artistic level. mens field is getting deeper in all aspects, but Jeremy adds a whole new level to artistry imo.

samm22

On the Ice
i get that some people say retire, but honestly I think it's good to have him in the field to raise the artistic level. mens field is getting deeper in all aspects, but Jeremy adds a whole new level to artistry imo.

agreed. a breath of fresh air honestly...someone who gives up the jumps sometimes to create the art. he is an inspiring skater, and he pushes the other men to improve in pcs. I hope he finds what he is looking for in his skating and is able to be happy with all that he has accomplished so that he can share his artistic and choreographic knowledge with the up and coming skaters.

noskates

Record Breaker
Oh my. Every year this happens. IF IF IF. What's that old saying - "if wishes were horses men could ride?"

I'm sorry but I just don't have faith in Jeremy any more. When he's on he's a sight to behold but he's broken my heart so many times that there just isn't anything left for him. As I always say, he skates with his head instead of his feet.