Teens could be banned from tanning in Sunshine State | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Teens could be banned from tanning in Sunshine State

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I sure have to agree with Bronxgirl.
And having lived in Seattle for 14 months (too long) I know what Ladskater is talking about.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
bronxgirl said:
When you're a teenager you think you're immortal, so maybe it does take somene a little older to say, no, what you do now may have a horrible impact on you later. (JMHO)
Well, they already have a law that says they need a parent's permission (which I think is perfectly fine). This says that parents are not compitent enough, you need a doctor's directive.

Johar

Medalist
Any tanned skin is damaged skin, unless it's a fake tan.

Having watched people with skin cancer makes me very cautious. Skin cancer cells spread fast within the body, and once they do they don't often respond to chemo or radiation treatment as well as other cancers.

Antilles

Medalist
There's no truth the the "base tan" idea. If you tan before going somewhere sunny, it will do nothing to protect your skin. I do my best to avoid the sun. I walk to and from work though, so I can't avoid it all together. Sunscreen and hats fro me during the summer.

Is it me, or does the sun seem to be getting stronger? I've only had about five sunburns my entire life, and they were all minor. Two weeks ago, we had a fire drill at work, and were unexpectedly outdoors for 20-30 minutes. Both my face and shoulders were sunburned by the time we went inside. I've never had that ahppen before.