Daisuke Murakami | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Murakami

firal

Record Breaker
Apparently he was sick today so he had to skip out on the Gala. Next stop is TEB for him. Good luck!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I heard it was food poisoning.
It's going to be so, so, tough at TEB, I'll keep my fingers crossed that he gets a podium place at least.

paperhearts

Final Flight
Congrats to Dice for qualifying for GPF, even without utilizing the TEB 7th spot! :cheer: Yay! Will be great to see him, Shoma, and Yuzu at GPF. :)

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Congrats Dice! He's going to be soooo busy flying between the US, Spain, (US again?) and Japan in a short amount of time but he can do it!

firal

Record Breaker
Yes, nice to have 3 Japanese men representing at GPF! Best of luck to Dice!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Score aside, that was a great performance :clapper: I hope he can keep the pace up and skate well tomorrow!

firal

Record Breaker
I thought he performed well too. Really improved on selling the program. I haven't rewatched other than live fuzzy feed, but I thought his 4s was great however it got negative GOE?

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I thought he performed well too. Really improved on selling the program. I haven't rewatched other than live fuzzy feed, but I thought his 4s was great however it got negative GOE?

I think it didn't have preceding steps. They're really strict on that this season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
just updated Dice's op.

There is some new stuff, including his 2016 The Ice program.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did I catch a quick glimpse of Dice in the JOC camp twitters, etc.? Haven't heard much about him. Anyone know is he still with Frank? Has his injury subsided? Did we ever hear exactly what the injury was? I remember he was supposed to be at Sk Amer but was unable to compete.

ETA -- Just re-watched some videos and definitely did see him. He looked good. Hope we get a little news on him soon.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I hope that this glimpse we had of Dice means that he's feeling good and healthy and ready for the BIG season. -Even if he can't make it to the Olympics, there's 4CC and the Worlds afterwards that he can possibly go to if he has a good season.

livetoskate

On the Ice
Dice announced his retirement earlier today through his YouTube channel. He gets emotional at times and it's all in Japanese other than a few words. Interspectator did a translation in the main forum. I'm going to miss Dice's skating, but hope he enjoys moving onto the next stage of his career and that he'll keep up his YouTube channel!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Me too;;; I'm gonna miss Dice' beautiful skating A LOT! :sad4:

Dice looked so promising when he did win NHK in 2014 over the likes of Yuzu, Taka Mura and Voronov. His Rachmaninov Free program was simply beautiful and effortless: :luv17: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xge3_yaJ9gA Look at his face and enthusiastic reaction by the crowds at the end! Such a shame JSF didn't seem at all to see the quality of his skating as the way we (fans, int'l judges and coaches) do...

My personal gratitude to Dice, millions of gratitude to him is his posting one picture 'reunited' with himself, Daisuke, Nobu and Adam years ago. That precious picture, all four smiling together taken during Skate America (ETA I think this one: https://matome.naver.jp/odai/2130787658759465801/2143744962689886903), did heal many many fans of Nobu and Daisuke when each still had a mixed, uneasy feeling towards the other because of Nikolai's chaos back in the days. SUch a sweet sweet person Daice is!

Best of Luck to Daisuke Murakami as he is into another chapter of his life! :cheer::cheer:

musicfan80

Medalist
Best of luck to Dice in his future. I always enjoyed his skating and thought it was a shame that he never made it to a Worlds or Olympics.