Shoma Uno | Page 288 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
What a sweet introduction post nolangoh! Super excited to see such a sweet fan of Shoma's. The fanfest is a warm place and I think we'll have the time of our lives during this Olympic Season. I just have a good feeling about Shoma. Did you see the interview in which he says what Olympic performance moved him the most? He said Mao's Sochi FS! And that certainly was the most moving and awesome performance of the night! Let's all support him during these months and cheer him onto the Olympic Podium! :yes2::clapper::cheer:

Yes I watched it! Mao's FS at Sochi is indeed monumental. And i am happy that he loved it too!!

K', thanks, *dead*

Went to the japanese bookstore yesterday and they had not even one figure skating magazine. *sigh*:dbana:

It would be better if they could ask him to pretend to untie his tie and take a picture of that...thats would be...sexy...actually why not really untie...and unbutton the shirts...and then...I don't know :eeking:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Welcome to the Prince's thread. Really enjoyed your heartfelt, thoughtful post. So jealous that you've been following him since his junior days. I feel like I missed so much! :sad4: I think we all need to fasten our seat belts for this season! We could be in for a wild ride!...I see your Canadian flag, are you planning on going to Skate Canada? :popcorn:

Sadly no :( I put up my home country flag but I am currently living in Hong Kong...wont be able to fly to Canada to see him. But I am trying to see if I could get a ticket in the future to NHK or Japanese Nationals, or even Cup of China when he is there. I SO want to see him in person:cry:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
So verit went to Rostelecom, which made me think....Shoma is appearing at SC next week. Who is going from our lovely fanfest? Of course, our dear Arriba! Who else? And in Grenoble? Does Shoma have support from GS?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So verit went to Rostelecom, which made me think....Shoma is appearing at SC next week. Who is going from our lovely fanfest? Of course, our dear Arriba! Who else? And in Grenoble? Does Shoma have support from GS?

I'll be at SC practices one week from today! Can't wait! :popcorn: :yahoo: :hap57: :party2: Weren't Pika and Winnie going to Grenoble?...I went to buy some Calvins to take along for the Winter Prince and decided I couldn't afford the $40! Why can't he just be into Hanes? Darn it anyway! :laugh2:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I'll be at SC practices one week from today! Can't wait! :popcorn: :yahoo: :hap57: :party2: Weren't Pika and Winnie going to Grenoble?...I went to buy some Calvins to take along for the Winter Prince and decided I couldn't afford the $40! Why can't he just be into Hanes? Darn it anyway! :laugh2:

Arriba maybe you can find the Calvins at a discount store.

I am curious how do you intend to give the Calvins to Shomita? Are you going to gift wrap them and throw them on the ice or are you going to throw them commando (as is) onto the ice.
I tell you either way will be a first in figure skating. :rofl2:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Arriba maybe you can find the Calvins at a discount store.

I am curious how do you intend to give the Calvins to Shomita? Are you going to gift wrap them and throw them on the ice or are you going to throw them commando (as is) onto the ice.
I tell you either way will be a first in figure skating. :rofl2:

I had planned to put them in a cellophane gift bag and was also thinking about putting some Burt's Bees chapstick in there (maybe like 100 pack :p which we know he probably won't use). I wanted to just throw the stuff on the ice. I'm in the 3rd row, but that doesn't always mean you're close if there's a walkway or similar by the boards...Too bad the Calvins are in a 3 pack. I'm going to do a little more looking, but it doesn't seem too promising...Too bad I can't throw a side of beef!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
what? I missed something... you want to throw undies at Shoma? OMG :) FUN !!!! :)

if you think it's too much as they are in a 3 pack ;) throw a pair to Patrick too... on my behalf LOL :)

and that answers another question : i won't be going... i keep watering my money tree but it's not growing...

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what? I missed something... you want to throw undies at Shoma? OMG :) FUN !!!! :)

if you think it's too much as they are in a 3 pack ;) throw a pair to Patrick too... on my behalf LOL :)

and that answers another question : i won't be going... i keep watering my money tree but it's not growing...

I think it's just a matter of time before it catches on and he starts getting too many Calvins! I saw the kind with the big black elastic waist band like we've seen him wear. Not sure if Patrick and Sho would take the same size. I'll definitely give some cheers on your behalf for Patrick. :hap10::hap57: Can't promise anything on the Calvins though.

So sorry you won't be coming to Sk Can! :gaah:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think it's just a matter of time before it catches on and he starts getting too many Calvins! I saw the kind with the big black elastic waist band like we've seen him wear. Not sure if Patrick and Sho would take the same size. I'll definitely give some cheers on your behalf for Patrick. :hap10::hap57: Can't promise anything on the Calvins though.

So sorry you won't be coming to Sk Can! :gaah:

hahahahaha ;) I think Patrick would be more surprised by something like that than Shoma would ;) LOL

and nope... no Skate Canada.... i am secretly dreaming about Nationals but it's still quite soon and quite pricey for me to go across the country.... so I am grateful I saw Patrick compete last year at Nationals... probably the first and last time for me to see him live.... Shoma, i hope to see in Montreal 2020 ;) or if ACI keeps being in Montreal, perhaps one day, Yuzu will get tired of going there and we will get Shomita ;) unfortunately at ACI you cannot throw things on the ice ;)

- - - Updated - - -

PS Have fun!!!!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hahahahaha ;) I think Patrick would be more surprised by something like that than Shoma would ;) LOL

and nope... no Skate Canada.... i am secretly dreaming about Nationals but it's still quite soon and quite pricey for me to go across the country.... so I am grateful I saw Patrick compete last year at Nationals... probably the first and last time for me to see him live.... Shoma, i hope to see in Montreal 2020 ;) or if ACI keeps being in Montreal, perhaps one day, Yuzu will get tired of going there and we will get Shomita ;) unfortunately at ACI you cannot throw things on the ice ;)

- - - Updated - - -
PS Have fun!!!!

It's gonna be great. Really excited...Start saving now! Montreal Worlds is gonna be awesome. Someone here on the forum was already saying he/she made an air bnb reservation already. Yikes!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's gonna be great. Really excited...Start saving now! Montreal Worlds is gonna be awesome. Someone here on the forum was already saying he/she made an air bnb reservation already. Yikes!

yikes indeed cause they are looking at changing the rules for airbnb and for instance, hotel taxes would need to be added... :) we got rid of uber as well...

iorii

On the Ice
I live in some tropical country that's too far from countries who normally host figure skating competitions, my only hope is Japan. The rest is way too expensive for me. I'm saving for future seasons, I want to see Shoma or Yuzu live one day it's on my bucket list! (Please, please, let me one day:()

This fanfest has gotten livelier! Makes me happy.

nolangoh, thank you for your lovely introduction! Like Arriba, I feel a bit saddened to know that I missed Shoma's junior days as well. Nolangoh used to watch Mao and now is keeping tabs on Shoma, from the big sister to the growing brother. Must be quite an experience.

I once watched this clip of Shoma's junior program on Twitter (I don't know which one it is). Sharp moves have always been his forte. Little Shoma moved with amazing precision. His steps were great, his flip jump was featherlight. Stupid me not saving the link:palmf:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
guys Shomita has already left for Canada! to be able to adapt to time difference.
Here is him at the airport he gave a small interview and said he replaced the 4S by 3Lo for now but that even if he appears to not challenge himself with the jumps he still has the spirit to attack
https://twitter.com/online_on_ice/status/921235600920911872
https://twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/921238253075709956

also reading about the people who are sad not having followed Shoma in juniors : here is a playlist assembled by one of the lord and savior of the Shoma fandom of all his skates ever. I usually marathon this when i miss Shoma too much lol https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwzRP4jBLGEgY-TxOViKN2JcWxYWc7WTx

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
guys Shomita has already left for Canada! to be able to adapt to time difference.
Here is him at the airport he gave a small interview and said he replaced the 4S by 3Lo for now but that even if he appears to not challenge himself with the jumps he still has the spirit to attack
https://twitter.com/online_on_ice/status/921235600920911872
https://twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/921238253075709956

also reading about the people who are sad not having followed Shoma in juniors : here is a playlist assembled by one of the lord and savior of the Shoma fandom of all his skates ever. I usually marathon this when i miss Shoma too much lol https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwzRP4jBLGEgY-TxOViKN2JcWxYWc7WTx

That seems like a plan, going one week before the competition. I'm a bit confused by the plan to replace 4S by 3 Lo? Is it not working in training, or is he taking it easy at the start of the season? Mmmh. I was pretty confident that Shoma would win Skate Canada, but who knows.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
That seems like a plan, going one week before the competition. I'm a bit confused by the plan to replace 4S by 3 Lo? Is it not working in training, or is he taking it easy at the start of the season? Mmmh. I was pretty confident that Shoma would win Skate Canada, but who knows.

from what i understand from Shoma's mindset, he puts new jumps in his programs not necessarily when they are that consistent (he put the loop and the salchow when they were around 50% in practice!!) but when they dont affect the rest of the layout. Maybe he has found out that the salchow fall has affected the rest of the program too much for now.
He also admitted at Japan Open that he freaked himself out with the Lombardia result because he wasn't expecting at all to skate clean so i think they are trying to build up to the best layout possible instead of going for broke like they did in Lombardia, which destabilized Shoma and made him consider his achievement there as pure luck or an anomaly instead of actually building his confidence.

As for Skate Canada, even without quad sal, he does a 4 quads long program. He should be fine if he skates well. Patrick is always dangerous and usually skates very well in Canada but his BV is still quite a bit under and he is not that consistent either. Anyways even a second place wouldn't be something to frown at.

edit : here is video of Shochan at the airport https://youtu.be/wgInxSzDT_U

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
from what i understand from Shoma's mindset, he puts new jumps in his programs not necessarily when they are that consistent (he put the loop and the salchow when they were around 50% in practice!!) but when they dont affect the rest of the layout. Maybe he has found out that the salchow fall has affected the rest of the program too much for now.
He also admitted at Japan Open that he freaked himself out with the Lombardia result because he wasn't expecting at all to skate clean so i think they are trying to build up to the best layout possible instead of going for broke like they did in Lombardia, which destabilized Shoma and made him consider his achievement there as pure luck or an anomaly instead of actually building his confidence.

As for Skate Canada, even without quad sal, he does a 4 quads long program. He should be fine if he skates well. Patrick is always dangerous and usually skates very well in Canada but his BV is still quite a bit under and he is not that consistent either. Anyways even a second place wouldn't be something to frown at.

edit : here is video of Shochan at the airport https://youtu.be/wgInxSzDT_U

Maybe I'm wired differently, but I just don't get why a perfect performance like at Lombardia should rattle Shoma like that, making him take away a jump he can land. I thought that Japan Open was the outlier and not Lombardia. And I also believe that's the mindset & confidence Shoma should have. After Lombardia he said he had a lot of stuff to work on, wasn't satisfied, and so on. And now he's scared because it was a cleanish skate? I don't know, I think Fluffy and Yamada are needed here to built up some confidence. I don't think it was a fluke. Shoma is certainly able to skate such a difficult program clean. He should try it, also at Skate Canada. Even without the 4S I think he will win SC, so that's not the problem. It's the mindset behind this I don't understand. Lombardia should've built him up, not make him scared. It should've been "Yes! I can do this!" not "Oh...it was just coincidence!"

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Idk Shoma has always been extremely critic with himself and humble about his abilities to a fault (even if he has improved a bit in that tbh compared to even a few years ago) and it is a double edge sword. On one hand that's why he has worked so hard and improved so much in such a short period of time, but on the other hand it does lead to lack of confidence.
I guess i agree skating clean should have boosted his confidence but if it hasn't then it hasn't and he has to find ways that work for him to boost said confidence. How many times has he said when he skated well that it was just by chance? That's just who he is...

He also wants to focus on artistry and the other elements of the program...