Shoma Uno | Page 84 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
About training in US, he used harness with his jump practice except lutz. Japanese rinks lack harness, and he was sorry for it.
Provably, the practice using harness was effective for him.

A few days ago, I was watching a video clip on the Glacier web site that showed them working with a little girl in the harness. It's really very interesting the way they do it. In fact I once saw a video of Jason Brown training with it. If I can find the Glacier one, I'm going to post it. It's a great training thing!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Oh thank you for translating all that information, so people like me can enjoy his comments! :thank: I'm not sure which is funnier, the school comment or the hair wax comment. I know I even wrote on G.S. somewhere that he should use less hair wax! :rofl:

I really can't imagine him picking his own music, and I'm sure most of the skaters have help. Or sometimes the skater chooses something and the coach says no. Although I thought I read somewhere that he really wanted to skate to Turandot / Nessun Dorma, and that it was his idea...So happy to hear him paying respect to Tatsuki. My guess is that (at the very least) he has watched both Mao's and Tatsuki's versions of Lavender, and maybe others. Just wish we didn't have to wait until Friends to see the program and the (purple?) deep V.:palmf:

About his hair wax, i thought it was his respect to Daisuke (About Daisuke, i sometimes feel he should use less wax.:biggrin:). Now the mystery was soloved. Simply shoma didnt know how to use wax.:laugh:

im sure nine out of ten his SP costume is parple with deep V. :biggrin: but anyway i cant wait till Friends. hope hell change his mind and decide to show it in THE ICE.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
At first, I wasn't even sure if that was Itsuki! He's grown up so much that it seems that the shape of his face has changed. They certainly inherited the genes for good looks in that family. I was also trying to see if the hockey blades gave Itsuki more height, but I really couldn't tell. Looks like Shoma is wearing a really nice, new Phiten necklace. He looks really good.

Ive read Shoma got tons of presents during this PIW. Fans know well about his taste, and some fans must have given some outfits, accessaries, etc. Yuzu sometimes puts on items like T-shirt or training wear which he got from fans.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
About training in US, he used harness with his jump practice except lutz. Japanese rinks lack harness, and he was sorry for it.
Provably, the practice using harness was effective for him.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153661253933093&id=158902653092

Using the harness would be really perfect for someone like Shoma who is trying to improve / correct jump technique. Plus it's a lot easier on your body so you don't keep falling over and over again! I have seen it in person and it's very cool -- it looks like a great big fishing pole! I almost thought I would want to try it myself. :slink:

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ive read Shoma got tons of presents during this PIW. Fans know well about his taste, and some fans must have given some outfits, accessaries, etc. Yuzu sometimes puts on items like T-shirt or training wear which he got from fans.

That's such a cool custom to buy gifts like that. I was thinking about getting him a Chicago Black Hawks hockey jersey to give to him at Skate America, but now that he has an Ice Dogs jersey from his training, I guess he doesn't need one. Maybe I could get him some cupcakes and some hair wax! :drama:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153661253933093&id=158902653092

Using the harness would be really perfect for someone like Shoma who is trying to improve / correct jump technique. Plus it's a lot easier on your body so you don't keep falling over and over again! I have seen it in person and it's very cool -- it looks like a great big fishing pole! I almost thought I would want to try it myself. :slink:

Thanks! i could see the video of harness on July 5. I myself havent tried skating, but the equipment is really useful. Due to lacking harness, Japanese skaters practice their jumps by spinning on the land like this. http://sakurb.blog.fc2.com/img/nhk2015-byj-sat6gop.gif/ harness seems to be more effective.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
That's such a cool custom to buy gifts like that. I was thinking about getting him a Chicago Black Hawks hockey jersey to give to him at Skate America, but now that he has an Ice Dogs jersey from his training, I guess he doesn't need one. Maybe I could get him some cupcakes and some hair wax! :drama:

onec his brother did ice hockey, and i guess he likes hockey. the jersey he got the other day was apparantly too big for him, so a new one which fits for his body may please him. :drama:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
onec his brother did ice hockey, and i guess he likes hockey. the jersey he got the other day was apparantly too big for him, so a new one which fits for his body may please him. :drama:

Maybe he needs an extra, extra small! There's a shop right nearby that sells Black Hawks jerseys, so I'll have to go look at them!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks! i could see the video of harness on July 5. I myself havent tried skating, but the equipment is really useful. Due to lacking harness, Japanese skaters practice their jumps by spinning on the land like this. http://sakurb.blog.fc2.com/img/nhk2015-byj-sat6gop.gif/ harness seems to be more effective.

I think the jumping on land is good too, but with the harness they can do the jump a little slower and work on the air position and the arms. I hope Shoma corrected his arms, because I think Johnny was saying he was opening up his arms too soon and that's really hard for your hips and knees (?). Shoma ought to suggest his rink buy a few harnesses. They really aren't a fancy piece of equipment. They're actually probably cheap!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Maybe he needs an extra, extra small! There's a shop right nearby that sells Black Hawks jerseys, so I'll have to go look at them!

I rarely get an import cloth since the size is too big for me (Of course, usually clothes of US brand are arranged for Japanese size. ) :drama:
the jersey for kids may match his body!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma has a new EX choreographed by Stephane.
http://www.shoma-uno.com/info/#12

Sorry, I don't have much time to translate now. He really appreciated support from his fans.

Actually, Chukyo university has a harness, but IIRC doesn't have someone who can use.
http://www.chukyo-u.ac.jp/news/2007/05/003877.html

I remember that picture of Stephane, Kanako, and Shoma out at a restaurant eating dinner. The caption said something about having a long day at the rink. Wonder if that's when they did the choreography. Now I'm anxious to know what it is.

I can see where the harness might be a little tricky to use. It would be important to really have someone who knows what they are doing to be in control of it. I hope it helped Shoma. Sounds like it was something new for him.

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Great news about Stephane. I think it's a good idea to start with Stephane because they already know eachother from training camps. Hopefully it'll be a good collaboration and they'll consider doing a competition program together in the future.

At first, I wasn't even sure if that was Itsuki! He's grown up so much that it seems that the shape of his face has changed. They certainly inherited the genes for good looks in that family. I was also trying to see if the hockey blades gave Itsuki more height, but I really couldn't tell. Looks like Shoma is wearing a really nice, new Phiten necklace. He looks really good.

Oh, maybe they are higher than figure skating blades. Itsuki has a more masculine/boyish face compared to Shoma. They're both good looking boys.

Do coaches who hold the harness need special training? I suspect that they do, but I wonder if it requires some difficult skills to become one. I can imagine that they’ll need strong backs! I saw a photo of Mao and a harness holder from TCC in Nagano last summer. Fans were saying that he was probably invited to Nobuo Sato’s training camp. I don’t know why they wouldn’t invest in getting a Japanese coach trained for it but it may not be as simple as that.

------
Some photos from PIW. Sorry if they've already been posted.

This is him saying “Give me something” when he saw his skater friends (including Daichi Miyata) in the audience.

A fan asked him to pretend he has a tooth ache. Why she asked him to do that, I don’t know :laugh:

Wearing a hat.

Carrying a toy with his chin because he received too many presents.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do coaches who hold the harness need special training? I suspect that they do, but I wonder if it requires some difficult skills to become one. I can imagine that they’ll need strong backs! I saw a photo of Mao and a harness holder from TCC in Nagano last summer. Fans were saying that he was probably invited to Nobuo Sato’s training camp. I don’t know why they wouldn’t invest in getting a Japanese coach trained for it but it may not be as simple as that.

------
Some photos from PIW. Sorry if they've already been posted.

This is him saying “Give me something” when he saw his skater friends (including Daichi Miyata) in the audience.

A fan asked him to pretend he has a tooth ache. Why she asked him to do that, I don’t know :laugh:

Wearing a hat.

Carrying a toy with his chin because he received too many presents.

Seems like these shows have been a great experience for Shoma...The harness makes much more sense as opposed to falling over and over again which must be so hard on the body. Not sure how difficult it is to handle it. I remember seeing Jason Brown using it. Just like Shoma, he had a lot of trouble perfecting his 3A, and I think that's what I remember seeing.

Great PIW photos of this little prince! What is up with the dentist one?! :rofl: I wonder what they do with all the gifts? They must also get a lot of gifts mailed to the Federation.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great news about Stephane. I think it's a good idea to start with Stephane because they already know eachother from training camps. Hopefully it'll be a good collaboration and they'll consider doing a competition program together in the future.

Excited to see Stephane's work with Shoma. Other people come to my mind like Kenji, Takeshi, Nanami Abe, Uncle Dai for choreography. But the one I keep coming back to is Shae Lynne Bourne. I just think she could do great things with Shoma. And I don't want to hijack Shoma kun's thread :hijacked:, but when I saw this clip of Shae Lynne working with Ashley Wagner, I kept imagining what great work they could do together. Obviously the style in the clip is too girly for Shoma - but I can only imagine what S.L. could create with his speed and power, footwork, and total body movement. Wow!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BH2ndaKDfKv/

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Excited to see Stephane's work with Shoma. Other people come to my mind like Kenji, Takeshi, Nanami Abe, Uncle Dai for choreography. But the one I keep coming back to is Shae Lynne Bourne. I just think she could do great things with Shoma. And I don't want to hijack Shoma kun's thread :hijacked:, but when I saw this clip of Shae Lynne working with Ashley Wagner, I kept imagining what great work they could do together. Obviously the style in the clip is too girly for Shoma - but I can only imagine what S.L. could create with his speed and power, footwork, and total body movement. Wow!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BH2ndaKDfKv/

We are lover for figure skating, so i think we dont have to be so strict with "thread hijacked"!:laugh:

Yes! i see their work will be thriling! The job which Shae did with Ashley is awsome, and further shoma has another mannly strength that you mentioned above. Shae is really good at drawing a skater's strong points and make them look cool. :love:
Hope they will have a fruiteful interaction at Friends (but shoma is super shy and not good at English.. I'm worried about it. )

Last edited: