Which Skaters (or Team) are you most eager to see in the coming season? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Which Skaters (or Team) are you most eager to see in the coming season?

sarahmistral

On the Ice
one more, hockeyfan

if Wagner gets Sasha to perform three clean, strong programs at Nationals and Worlds, can Eman borrow her next?:p

Among skaters I've seen, I want to see:

Emanuel Sandhu (even if he misses every jump, there's no one I'd rather watch dance across the ice--but will he make the telecast, let alone the podium, if he misses nearly EVERY jump again?)

Susanna Poykio (horribly underrated--has she really been compared unfavorably to Michelle Kwan? I think she's very much her own skater and her own artist, but that's just me)

Ye Bin Mok (for me, the third most complete US lady hands down, one who, when at her best, potentially balances the artist=athlete equation discussed by sk8m8 in a previous post--gorgeous jumps, beautiful flow, line, positions) we've been through this--see roundboypete's award winning cheer:) )

Yukina Ota (flawed jumps and all, she won her first senior competition, and I hope it'll all be uphill from here for this uniquely gifted artist--for me, she's the best lyrical skater in all of elite women's skating, bar none)

Stephane Lambiel (watch out, world--school is OUT:D)

Obertas/Sokolov (dying to see what Moskvina's been up to--hee hee; always adored her pairs "creations")

Mao Asada (saw her routine at 12 yrs of age, doing five triples in under two minutes or something absurd like that--I hope she continues to be as fearless and as determined, and would love to see how she's growing up)

Miki Ando (what will she be doing artistically in a year?)

Victoria Volchkova (c'mon girl! capitalize!)

Dan Fang (lovely spark to her skating; there's also something I enjoy about that abrupt little hop with which she picks into the ice on toe-assisted jumps)

Johnny Weir (bring the quad, child!)

Sasha Cohen (wait! let me finish!:D) at her home rink, which is where I go to skate;; I want to see her in practice!:p

Among skaters I've never seen, I must see:

Beatrisa Liang (I'm intrigued by all I've heard about her)

Kevin Van Der Perren (what's the hype all about? No sarcasm; just really curious)

Joannie Rochette (heard a bit about her but can't even put a face to the name)

Any Japanese lady with a triple axel (desperate to relive the excitement of Midori's perfectly aligned and sometimes perfectly executed, glorious jumps--perfect position and lean in the air)

Naomi Nari Nam, even if I must go to regionals to watch another heartbreaking failure to make it to Nationals...or then again, I can just get a copy of 2000 Nats :(

I'd go on, but I'm sooo tired...

more later...

Cheers,
Sarah

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Re: one more, hockeyfan

sarahmistral said:

Beatrisa Liang (I'm intrigued by all I've heard about her)

Kevin Van Der Perren (what's the hype all about? No sarcasm; just really curious)

See if you can get a copy of Bebe's FS from Lalique last year, and her SP from Cup of Russia, then you will understand...

Kevin. Where to begin? I first saw him at Worlds last year, and even though he was down towards the bottom of the rankings, it didn't matter. He had charisma and charm, and his programs rocked.
Then at SC this year, he went from, what, 11th to fifth and was third in the free skate? Get a tape of that program. I don't even care that it was frontloaded, it was gorgeous and well done. He also has a layback spin. I love that... Anyway, on to GPF, he should've had the bronze, dammit. I don't care that there wasn't a 3A or a quad, he had added difficulty elsewhere, and he fought all the way through the program. At the end, he couldn't even take his bows right away, he was struggling to catch his breath. But you never saw that during the program. (remember, GPF was at altitude) But he's got his 3A back now, so look out for him next year! :D (PS: also, Kevin is gorgeous...)

Laura :)

Kasey

Medalist
The return of Nikodinov, Honda and Goebel.

The continued development of Griazev, Lysacek, Brauninger, Weir, Bradley, Buttle, Ota and Asada.

And whatever may be new on the table for Joubert, Plushenko, Kwan and Arakawa.

And maybe some day getting the "big deal" over Cohen and Ando! ;)

Kasey

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I want to see Rohene Ward skate a complete program, hopefully with jumps in both directions.

I want to see Klimkin healthy and skating well again. I want to see that both ways camel and the salchow is it out of it landed brilliantly.

I want to see Yebin Mok healed and skating well, and landing those huge lutzes.

I want to see Tim Goebel, recovered from this year's troubles and landing those quads again, and hopefully with some improvements in other areas.

I want to find out whether Matthews/Zavozin can manage the bronze or silver in U.S. senior dance and whether they can manage the silver or gold at Jr. Worlds.

I want to see whether Jordan and Barrett continue to skate together, even though it is 3 years before they can compete in Seniors because she is too young for seniors and he is too old for juniors.

I want to see Vahktang and van der Perren again.

I want to see Irina skate her Queen of Spades program again.

And I want to see what Michelle is going to do next, of course.