Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which Skaters (or Team) are you most eager to see in the coming season?

Custom Title
    Ladies:
    Irina!
    Alima Gerchkovic (because I've never seen her)
    Carolina Kostner
    Susanna Pöykiö
    Lina Johansson (never seen)
    all the Japanese girls, especially Shizuka and Miki and Mai Asada (the last one never seen)
    Sasha Cohen
    Cynthia Phaneuf (never seen)

Men:
    Evgeny!
    Johnny Weir
    Ilia Klimkin
    Vakhtang Murvanidze
    Stephane Lambiel
    Jeff Buttle

Pairs:
    Shen & Zhao
    Obertas & Slavnov

Dance:
    Denkova & Stavisky

Rinkside
    Ladies:

Jennifer Don
    Viktoria Pavuk
    Galina Maniachenko

Men:

Jeff Buttle
    Emannuel Sandhu
    Ilia Klimkin
    Miguel Angel Moyron :D
    Johnny Weir

Pairs:

Marcoux & Buntin
    Don & Hunt
    Orscher & Lucash

Dance:

Kerr & Kerr
    Faiella & Scali
    Beier & Beier
    Grushina/Goncharov
    Gregory/Petukov

Custom Title
    yes, berthes ghost,yesterday I had a look at the trains time table. usually it takes 2 hours. but from the place where I live I have to take a bus and another train to get to the station from where the train to Torino leaves, so it takes at least half an hour more. where are you from?
    Last edited by rusalka; 05-27-2004 at 03:47 PM.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Men
    Tim Goebel
    Ryan Jahnke
    Matt Savoie
    Jeff Buttle
    Kevin Van Der Perrin

Ladies
    Jenny Kirk
    Angela Nikodinov
    Amber Corwin
    Bebe Liang
    Cynthia Phaneuf

Pairs
    Anabelle Langlois & Patrice Archetto
    Katie Orscher & Garrett Lucash
    Mark Ladwig & Amanda Evora
    Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao

Dance
    Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto
    Megan Wing & Aaron Lowe
    Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukov

I will also be attending US Nats this year and am looking foward to seeing all the US skaters there again. Atlanta was SO much fun and I think Portland is going to be even better. :D

Custom Title
    Men: Plushy (of course), Eman, Weir, Buttle, Honda
    Ladies: Sasha, Michelle, Shizuka, Joannie, Cynthia, Irina!
    Dance: D/L and L/M
    Pairs: Chinese and Canadian teams

Go NJ Devils
    This is what I'm looking forward to finding out next season:

Will Klimkin, Murvanidze, and Goebel come back strong from injury? Plushenko from surgery? Slutskaya from illness?

Will Weir add a bit more variety to his tempi and land some quads? Will Rochette add a bit more variety to her music and tempi and land some more combinations? Will Joubert expand upon his range of expression?

Will Poykio continue to be compared negatively to Kwan for their similarities and given little credit for their differences? Or will she be recognized and rewarded for her strengths?

Will training under Kudriatsev help Klimkin and Volchkova to be more consistent and Sokolova to fulfill her potential as an all-around skater, which she showed during Worlds qualis this year? Will training for a full year under Wagner help Cohen to land three great programs at Nationals and Worlds? Will training full time help Lambiel to clean up the rough edges in his technique and realize his vast potential?

Will getting a Moskvina program cause Obertas/Slavnov to break through next year? What will Team Tarasova and Arakawa do as an encore?

Will Sebestyen, Weir, and Lindemann surpass their breakout seasons? Will Cohen and Joubert be able to win gold?

Will Buttle, Verner, Wilson, Berntsson, Nurmenkari, and Takahashi land those jumps and become more consistent?

Will Sweden let Lina Johansson skate seniors?

How will the match-up between Shen/Zhao and Totmianina/Marinin play out next year? Will Pang/Tong really be in the mix, or will Zhang/Zhang close in on Pang/Tong?

Will the Kerrs and/or Hoffmann/Elek continue to rise next year?

How will the competition between the 3rd-6th dance teams go?

Hockeyfan - So many questions! So many GOOD questions. I'd like to add:

Will Jenny Kirk hold on to her 3rd best USA skater status?

Will we see Yukina Ota on the Japanese World Team?

Joe

Takeshi, Jeff Buttle, Johnny Weir, Matt Savoie, Ryan Jahnke, Kevin Van Der Perren, Stephane Lambiel, Brian Joubert

Fumie, Jenny Kirk, Alisa Drei

Langlois & Archetto, Inoue & Baldwin, Orscher & Lucash

Tanith & Ben, Gregory & Petukhov

Custom Title
    Originally posted by hockeyfan228
    This is what I'm looking forward to finding out next season:

Will Sweden let Lina Johansson skate seniors?
    Johansson is already planning to compete in her first Europeans in 2005 now that she is old enough. It will be interesting to see if she is invited to skate in the Senior Grand Prix this fall.

Go NJ Devils
    Originally posted by Sylvia
    Johansson is already planning to compete in her first Europeans in 2005 now that she is old enough. It will be interesting to see if she is invited to skate in the Senior Grand Prix this fall.
    Many thanks for your reply.

Wooo hooo!!!

Go NJ Devils
    Another question: which men are going to skate to the Troy soundtrack? And will they wear tunics

one more, hockeyfan

if Wagner gets Sasha to perform three clean, strong programs at Nationals and Worlds, can Eman borrow her next?

Among skaters I've seen, I want to see:

Emanuel Sandhu (even if he misses every jump, there's no one I'd rather watch dance across the ice--but will he make the telecast, let alone the podium, if he misses nearly EVERY jump again?)

Susanna Poykio (horribly underrated--has she really been compared unfavorably to Michelle Kwan? I think she's very much her own skater and her own artist, but that's just me)

Ye Bin Mok (for me, the third most complete US lady hands down, one who, when at her best, potentially balances the artist=athlete equation discussed by sk8m8 in a previous post--gorgeous jumps, beautiful flow, line, positions) we've been through this--see roundboypete's award winning cheer )

Yukina Ota (flawed jumps and all, she won her first senior competition, and I hope it'll all be uphill from here for this uniquely gifted artist--for me, she's the best lyrical skater in all of elite women's skating, bar none)

Stephane Lambiel (watch out, world--school is OUT:D)

Obertas/Sokolov (dying to see what Moskvina's been up to--hee hee; always adored her pairs "creations")

Mao Asada (saw her routine at 12 yrs of age, doing five triples in under two minutes or something absurd like that--I hope she continues to be as fearless and as determined, and would love to see how she's growing up)

Miki Ando (what will she be doing artistically in a year?)

Victoria Volchkova (c'mon girl! capitalize!)

Dan Fang (lovely spark to her skating; there's also something I enjoy about that abrupt little hop with which she picks into the ice on toe-assisted jumps)

Johnny Weir (bring the quad, child!)

Sasha Cohen (wait! let me finish!:D) at her home rink, which is where I go to skate;; I want to see her in practice!

Among skaters I've never seen, I must see:

Beatrisa Liang (I'm intrigued by all I've heard about her)

Kevin Van Der Perren (what's the hype all about? No sarcasm; just really curious)

Joannie Rochette (heard a bit about her but can't even put a face to the name)

Any Japanese lady with a triple axel (desperate to relive the excitement of Midori's perfectly aligned and sometimes perfectly executed, glorious jumps--perfect position and lean in the air)

Naomi Nari Nam, even if I must go to regionals to watch another heartbreaking failure to make it to Nationals...or then again, I can just get a copy of 2000 Nats :(

I'd go on, but I'm sooo tired...

more later...

Cheers,
    Sarah

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~

Re: one more, hockeyfan

Originally posted by sarahmistral

Beatrisa Liang (I'm intrigued by all I've heard about her)

Kevin Van Der Perren (what's the hype all about? No sarcasm; just really curious)

See if you can get a copy of Bebe's FS from Lalique last year, and her SP from Cup of Russia, then you will understand...

Kevin. Where to begin? I first saw him at Worlds last year, and even though he was down towards the bottom of the rankings, it didn't matter. He had charisma and charm, and his programs rocked.
    Then at SC this year, he went from, what, 11th to fifth and was third in the free skate? Get a tape of that program. I don't even care that it was frontloaded, it was gorgeous and well done. He also has a layback spin. I love that... Anyway, on to GPF, he should've had the bronze, dammit. I don't care that there wasn't a 3A or a quad, he had added difficulty elsewhere, and he fought all the way through the program. At the end, he couldn't even take his bows right away, he was struggling to catch his breath. But you never saw that during the program. (remember, GPF was at altitude) But he's got his 3A back now, so look out for him next year! :D (PS: also, Kevin is gorgeous...)

Laura

Skating Freak Barbie
    The return of Nikodinov, Honda and Goebel.

The continued development of Griazev, Lysacek, Brauninger, Weir, Bradley, Buttle, Ota and Asada.

And whatever may be new on the table for Joubert, Plushenko, Kwan and Arakawa.

And maybe some day getting the "big deal" over Cohen and Ando!

Kasey

I hope to see Ann Patrice McDonough rediscover that spark.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast