Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: American Idol Showdown: May 25th

Custom Title
    from UNCULTURED Granny. Fantasia to me is like chalk squeaking on a blackboard
    I could not agree more, Granny....

This woman's voice has grated on me since the first moment I heard it. I too am untrained musically, but I know all I want to do when she sings is stuff my ears for gauze.

All the best to her, and I am sure she will have a following regardless of what we all think. All I know is that the results saved me $ 20.00 seeing as how my little Miss thinks she sounds like Daffy Duck, and won't be asking me to buy the CD!

Canuck

Fantasia's voice does nothing for me, either... but at least she can sing in tune... even if her tone stinks.

Originally posted by sk8tngcanuck
    All I know is that the results saved me $ 20.00 seeing as how my little Miss thinks she sounds like Daffy Duck, and won't be asking me to buy the CD!

Canuck
    No, I think it's more "Minnie Mouse on helium."

But I love it. I agree with Sk8m8 and others who compare Fantasia's voice to Billie Holiday's. But, to me, Fantasia is a totally unique talent,with a unique voice, a unique style and a one-of-a-kind approach to everything. I think of all the idol contestants, including the winners from previous seasons, Fantasia will be the one to have a life-long career in music.

Mathman

Custom Title
    deleted
    Last edited by lavender; 05-28-2004 at 01:10 PM.

Originally posted by Mathman
    But, to me, Fantasia is a totally unique talent,with a unique voice, a unique style and a one-of-a-kind approach to everything. I think of all the idol contestants, including the winners from previous seasons, Fantasia will be the one to have a life-long career in music.

Mathman
    ITA. I was not a Fantasia fan at first, but I think that she is truly hands down winner of this competition. Even her name sounds like a star! Also, it's nice to see someone who has been through the school of hard knocks come out on top for a change.

Custom Title

cianni

l Couldnt agree more. Clive Davis has plans for her and she will be a Star with a long career. I think the rest will fade in time. Im happy for her the world of hard knocks can have a happy ending.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I just wonder how many CDs it'll take before we get to hear the REAL Fantasia -- what I suspect is going to happen is her first couple of CDs are going to feature a lot of really mediocre songs that her voice will just be wasted on; might take her a while to get into a position to cut loose and do some incredibly great stuff. As long as the AI bloom is still on the rose, though, I'm not expecting any really great songs. After all, they tried to turn Ruben into Usher on his CD, and I am not a fan of anything I've heard off Clay's, tho I still love his voice.

actually Ruben's CD was all his idea... they wanted his R&B side to come through more on the CD

as for Clay's I love his stuff... a lot of his fans were bummed when he said he wouldn't fall into the "pop" mode where all he sings about is sex... in fact he and Clive got into a bit of an argument over some lyrics in "Measure of a Man" Clive saying he needed something to sex it up... and Clay basically told him that he didn't NEED to have a CD or any sort of contract... and Clive basically let Clay have free reign after that--as far as lyrics--Clay, I think, said they had something like 16 songs in all but only 14 made the final cut...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4