2015-16 Grand Prix assignments | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix assignments

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really want her to get it. If she's planning on coming back for Worlds this season, it would be best if she got a GP platform to practice on before nationals. That and maybe she can do a few extra Senior B's since she's been away from competitive ice for a long time. Get some of the nerves out of the way.

I don't think I've ever seen her do more than 1 Senior B per year and she only did 2 ever. She probably will do the Russian Cup series instead.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so happy for Richard and Haruka! also baby Elizabet! Riona got 1 though, i guess JSF might wait for Miyu's and Riona's GP performances and decide who to invite for empty slot for NHK? :think:

winky97

Medalist
Gracie, Mariah, Satoko, Yulia, Scimeca/Knierim, Stolbova/Klimov, Sui/Han, and Hawayek/Baker doing Skate America? I MUST BE THERE!

I have SA all event ticket and find myself a little disappointed. I wanted to see Radionova or Tuktamyesheva. LOL! It is a good line up so I need to snap out of it.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
SC men will be great to watch.

Totally! I'm considering going to Lethbridge just for that. Chan, Hanyu, Farris, Nguyen, Murakami, Rippon... that will be quite a battle. The folks at NHK are also lucky to see Hanyu and "beautiful" skaters like Brown and Farris, and even Balde will surely entertain them and even Jin too if he goes for a quad lutz.

Surprised to not see Kovtun at Rostelecom since he's done well there and he's the de facto Russian#1. Voronov will be pressed to beat Fernandez in both of his events, but should easily claim silver or bronze and likely make the GPF. :dance:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie, Mariah, Satoko, Yulia, Scimeca/Knierim, Stolbova/Klimov, Sui/Han, and Hawayek/Baker doing Skate America? I MUST BE THERE!

OMG!!! Skate America has all of my favorites for the ladies. Too many to list but obviously I'm pumped for Yulia. But throw in Elizabet, Alaine, Zhenia, and So Youn too and my words begin to fall apart. Oh My :eek::

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have SA all event ticket and find myself a little disappointed. I wanted to see Radionova or Tuktamyesheva. LOL! It is a good line up so I need to snap out of it.

To be fair, Radionova and Tuk had SA for the last 2 years. Time for some new Russians, although I would have chosen different Russian ladies but heh :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Surprised to not see Kovtun at Rostelecom since he's done well there and he's the de facto Russian#1. Voronov will be pressed to beat Fernandez in both of his events, but should easily claim silver or bronze and likely make the GPF. :dance:

I hope you're right. I'm a little concerned about him doing COC, since he had trouble acclimating at Worlds, and that was apparently why his old knee injury flared up...but maybe they will be prepared for that this time.

Could it be that the RusFed is finally realizing that Kovtun is not nearly consistent enough to pin all their hopes on? And Sergei was a big crowd favorite last time (+ a GPF medalist). I'm very interested to see how the Russian men shake out this season, with Petrov in the mix now.

Sackie

Medalist
So sorry that Veronik Mallet didn't get at least one GP event. She seemed to be coming on well a couple years ago and last year even got 2 assignments. She just didn't do well at either event but still thought she might get one pick. Especially when you see Miller with 2 and Mariah Bell and Angela Wang with 1 each.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Huh, rather (albeit pleasantly, I enjoy watching her) surprised that Imai got two assignments - her season last year was not good at all. Would've expected two for Nakashio or Kato instead.

winky97

Medalist
To be fair, Radionova and Tuk had SA for the last 2 years. Time for some new Russians, although I would have chosen different Russian ladies but heh :)

Yeah I know, but they are my favs. If Julia has gotten things together over the off season she should be nice to watch. I hope Evgenia leaves some of those darn tanos at home. Who knows, maybe this happened to force me to pull for my US skaters because had Radionova or Tuktamyesheva pulled SA and I was going it would be tough.

I feel a little better because I checked ice dance and see that the uber fine Nikita is going to be at SA.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I hope you're right. I'm a little concerned about him doing COC, since he had trouble acclimating at Worlds, and that was apparently why his old knee injury flared up...but maybe they will be prepared for that this time.

Could it be that the RusFed is finally realizing that Kovtun is not nearly consistent enough to pin all their hopes on? And Sergei was a big crowd favorite last time (+ a GPF medalist). I'm very interested to see how the Russian men shake out this season, with Petrov in the mix now.

Also interested to see how Pitkeev does. The Russian fed has put a lot of stock in Kovtun and I'm glad they're not putting all their eggs in one basket and giving skaters like Pitkeev and Menshov opportunities to not just skate but actually potentially medal and giving better skaters like Kovtun and Voronov harder assignments.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Did JGP in 2014-15 (senior GP debut)

Men
- Shoma Uno (age 17, JWC #1)
- June Hyoung Lee (age 18, WC #18)
- Alexander Petrov (age 16, JWC #6)
- Boyang Jin (age 17, JWC #2)
- Daniel Samohin (age 17)

Ladies
- Miyu Nakashio (age 18)
- Elizabet Turzynbaeva (age 15, JWC #4)
- Evgenia Medvedeva (age 15, JWC #1)
- Nicole Rajicova (age 19, JWC #11, WC #15)
- Yuka Nagai (age 16, JWC #7)
- Karen Chen (age 15, JWC #8)
- Angelina Kuchvalska (age 16, WC #16)

Pairs
- Seguin/Bilodeau (age 18/21, JWC #2, WC #8)
- (Yu/Jin, but they did GP back in 11/12 (age 19/21, JWC #1))
- Fedorova/Miroshkin (age 17/21, JWC #3)

Ice Dance
- Yanovskaya/Mozgov (age 18/20, JWC #1)
- Nazarova/Nikitin (age 18/20, JWC #3, WC #17)

Other senior GP debuts

Men
- Ronald Lam (WC #14)

Ladies
- Mariah Bell
- Hannah Miller
- Roberta Rodeghiero (WC #20)
- Dasa Grm (WC #18)

Pairs
- Marchei/Hotarek (WC #11)
- Castelli/Tran
- Iliushechkina/Moscovitch (WC #13)
- Bell/Swiegers (new pair)

Ice Dance
- Fournier-Beaudry/Sørensen (WC #12)

Comeback

Men
- Patrick Chan (though did Japan Open 14/15)

Ladies
- Mao Asada

Injured last season

Ladies
- Kaetlyn Osmond

Pairs
- Volosozhar/Trankov

Ice Dance
- Bobrova/Soloviev

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nicole Rajicova got two spots :cheer2:

Someone better pick up Mariah Bell for a second spot and........where will the Australian ladies fit into all of this?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Also interested to see how Pitkeev does. The Russian fed has put a lot of stock in Kovtun and I'm glad they're not putting all their eggs in one basket and giving skaters like Pitkeev and Menshov opportunities to not just skate but actually potentially medal and giving better skaters like Kovtun and Voronov harder assignments.

I'm rooting for Petrov. I like his skating style.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Loving the ladies at Skate Canada too! Tukt, Osmond's comeback, Daleman, Murakami, Leonova, Wagner. :biggrin:

Add that to D/R and W/P headlining and I might just need to go to Alberta, lol!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have so got to get to the TEB this year. The line-ups are amazing in all the categories!!! :jaw: :cheer: :rock: :popcorn:

I'm still regretting deciding against going to Paris in 2012, when Liza, Polina K and Jenna were there (and Caro was originally supposed to be there too, but withdrew); and to Bordeaux last year, where Anna Ovcharova was a late call-up.

So, I can't afford to have any more regrets! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan