Figure Skater Arnold Myint on Food Network Star | Golden Skate

Figure Skater Arnold Myint on Food Network Star

amirtsos

Rinkside
Just started watching this season of Food Network Star. Arnold Myint is a contestant who apparently was apparently a former US competitor. I know he competed in the 1997 US Nationals as a junior pairs skater with Christina Connally. He also apparently skated in shows, but I don't know which ones. I was super excited to see a former skater on a show like this and I would love to see any videos anyone can find of him.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
amirtsos, thank you for posting! Welcome to GS! I am sorry, but I don't have any info about Myint as a figure skater, though.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Another connection at present between popular culture and figure skating:

Uzo Aduba, who won an Emmy for playing Crazy Eyes on Orange is the New Black, skated for ten years.

Yesterday Sarah Hughes tweeted this photo of mini-Uzo on ice as a young skater (costume and all :)):

Uzo quoted Sarah's tweet and replied:

@UzoAduba

Uzo Aduba retweeted Sarah Hughes
I did, indeed and man I loved it(I know you know ;-). xx

Uzo Aduba added,
Sarah Hughes @SarahHughesNY
✨ @UzoAduba of @oitnb reveals she figure skated for 10 years!!!
@kellyandmichael @erinandrews @michaelstrahan https://instagram.com/p/3_fezlCEJX/

1:54 PM - 16 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/UzoAduba/status/610913247026216962

Mrs. P's archived thread from 2014 re Uzo's skating:

Just started watching this season of Food Network Star. Arnold Myint is a contestant who apparently was apparently a former US competitor. I know he competed in the 1997 US Nationals as a junior pairs skater with Christina Connally. He also apparently skated in shows, but I don't know which ones. I was super excited to see a former skater on a show like this and I would love to see any videos anyone can find of him.

I hope that Brian Boitano was asked to tape a cameo appearance with the former skater for an upcoming episode of Food Network Star :).

Last edited: