Shrek 2 | Golden Skate

Shrek 2

Antilles

Medalist
I saw Shrek 2 this weekend. It was fabulous. I liked it better than the first one. More laughs and pop cultural references than the first. Puss et Boots was absolutely hysterical.

Note: if you go, stay for the credits. They throw stuff in after you think the movie is done.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they DO??? UGH! We got out as the black screen with credits came up because there were sooooo many toddler aged kids there...

I didn't like it as much as I liked the first... the ending could have been better IMHO

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
As good as Shrek 2 was, I thought the first one was better. For me, the first one had something special, but Shrek 2 had something missing...and some points were a bit boring (mainly the "action" parts), and I agree that the ending could have been better.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I have a date with my bf to see Shrek this weekend and I can't wait! He is a computer animator by trade and he has passed his love of animated movies on to me. Hes got my excited for this onEe!

equestrianguy

On the Ice
If it wasn't for Antonio Banderas as PussNBoots and Jennifer Saunders as the Fairy Godmother I don't think it would have been such a hit with me. For Shrek 3 to be another hit for Dreamworks they will definately need to bring in new characters with unexpected famous vocies..

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Antilles:

You "beat me to the punch!" I was going to give my review of this movie as I saw it on the weekend. I agree it was very entertaining inspite of what Leonard Malton says. He must not enjoy cartoons. I loved the puss-in-boots character.

I highly recommend Shrek 2 to everyone!!!

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I don't think that Leonard Malton doesn't like cartoons, I think he was probably like me and just underwhelmed by Shrek 2. I thought it was good, but not near as good as the first one...I really think that Antonio Banderas and Jennifer Saunders (until she just got annoying at the end with that stupid Hero song) saved this movie.

Hey Toni, it was bound to happen sometime! ;)

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Antilles said:
I saw Shrek 2 this weekend. It was fabulous. I liked it better than the first one. More laughs and pop cultural references than the first. Puss et Boots was absolutely hysterical.

Note: if you go, stay for the credits. They throw stuff in after you think the movie is done.

I'm so glad you told us to stay for the credits. Everyone else left, but we stayed and got to see some funny lines. All in all it was good. But I still liked the first one better. Must go now, I need to search for a wallpaper of the cute close up of Puss n'boots.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
VIETgrlTerifa said:
I don't think that Leonard Malton doesn't like cartoons, I think he was probably like me and just underwhelmed by Shrek 2. I thought it was good, but not near as good as the first one...I really think that Antonio Banderas and Jennifer Saunders (until she just got annoying at the end with that stupid Hero song) saved this movie.

ITA... Leonard Malton is normally dead on... the other person on the "Hot Ticket" is annoying though... what's her name??? LOL

VIETgrlTerifa said:
Hey Toni, it was bound to happen sometime! ;)

LOL! ;)

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
A-

Overall, I thought Shrek 2 was a great movie. I enjoyed the first one just a bit more, but I think that can only be expected. When the original came out it was so different from anything else really....it was edgy and hilarious, but it also backed that up with a lot of heart. So, it didn't seem as edgy or innovative as the first, but it did manage to maintain (for the most part) the heart of the original and that is why I was very pleased. Certainly, who ever said something about a third installment was correct....things will have to be shaken up and tweaked if they plan on making this a franchise.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I didn't like Shrek 2 nearly as much as the original. First of all, I thought it wasn't geared as much to the children as the first one. Second, I think they made Shrek too nice, and it lost something.