Strangest snacking habit | Golden Skate

Strangest snacking habit

Longhornliz

Final Flight
this is a spinoff of the favorite food thread... I was inspired by JonnyCoops combination of orange sherbert and carmel topping. :laugh:

I'm sure we all have some strange food combination or concotion that we just love that others might find odd. Or perhaps we get strange cravings for things like pickles and ice cream like a pregnant lady would.

Here are some of my odd guilty pleasures

Peanut butter jar's empty shake:
When the jar of peanut butter is all done, there are usually bits on the side that are too hard to scrape off... I put a cup of skim milk, a tiny bit of chocolate syrup and a mashed up banana in, screw on the top and shake it around. The milk washed the rest of the peanut butter goodness of the sides and it makes a good breakfast or snack. My mom got me started on this when I was really little... I did it in front of my college roomate last month, and I dont think she has recovered yet.

Other favs:

Pretzles and cream cheese
Noodles with butter and soy sauce

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
That peanut butter jar idea is fantastic! Sounds good, and has an added appeal on the "waste not, want not" level!!

My strange combination would probably be onion rings and mayonaisse. This one used to earn me the nickname "The Cholesterol Kid".

guinevere

Final Flight
I rarely do this anymore, because I don't eat fast food much now, but the absolute best is dipping french fries in a vanilla milkshake! The combination of hot grease and the cold sugar is to die for.

My whole family was totally embarrassed by this when I was little (Especially my dad, who would BEG me not to do this). They all thought it was really gross. But, every single person I have convinced to try it has liked it!

guinevere

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Liz, I absolutely LOVE that pretzel and cream cheese thing, especially if it's salmon cream cheese! Yummy!

I discovered that pasta topped with humus is a delicious combo.
:love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Regular potato chips dipped in ketchup
BBQ potato chips or Regular Tortilla Chips and tuna fish (YUM)
Ritz Crackers covered in vanilla frosting...

Cake mix cookies
Jello mix cookies

guinevere

Final Flight
mpal2 said:
Guinevere,

you got it all wrong! The shake has to be chocolate!!!! :laugh:
NO WAY! Chocolate will do in a pinch if there's no choice, but vanilla is the ultimate!

:D :D :D :D

guinevere

DJStuCrew

Rinkside
Mine is a bit more practical. I can't have caffeine, but love vanilla Coke! So I buy some imitation vanilla and drop a shot into each glass. The taste is virtually identical.

And just in case this turns into a poll, consider this another vote for chocolate! I'm into almost anything chocolate. A favorite snack is Brach's "Double Dippers" chocolate covered peanuts. Yum!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
French fries dipped in mustard:p
Cheese & crackers and piece of apple:)
Hot sauce on jacket fries - yummy!!!:eek:

Dee

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Fried thin crust pizza. Papa John's thin crust pizza fried in extra virgin oil oil until the crust is flaky and crunchy like a cracker. If you listen as you place the pizza slices in the hot oil you can hear..."this is going directly to your hips":D :D :D

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Mmmmm...
Saltine peanut butter sandwiches washed down with pink lemonade. Don't ask me why, but the lemonade must be pink.
And nearly everything in the world tastes better if it's covered in Thai peanut sauce.
Well, now...time for breakfast!
Rave

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Pretzels dipped into mustard or barbecue sauce...:)

(Not, however, both at the same time, unless you're less prone to acid stomach than I am!)

Lucy25

Final Flight
guinevere said:
I rarely do this anymore, because I don't eat fast food much now, but the absolute best is dipping french fries in a vanilla milkshake! The combination of hot grease and the cold sugar is to die for.

guinevere
Absolutely sick and wrong! :eek: However, many of my students do this with Wendy's Frosties. Gross!!

That said, I love chips eaten with dill pickles. Take a bite of pickle, then a chip. Chew it together. Yum!

Cold tuna (with mayo) on top of mac-n-cheese.

Dill pickles dipped in good ranch dressing.

Doritoes on a bologna sandwich.

Popcorn with parmasian (sp?) cheese sprinkled on it.

DJStuCrew

Rinkside
Lucy25 said:
That said, I love chips eaten with dill pickles. Take a bite of pickle, then a chip. Chew it together. Yum!

There are actually potato chips that are dill flavored! Me, I like the Salt & Vinegar ones, too.

megsk8z

On the Ice
Swiss cheese with alfalfa sprouts on iced raisin bread.

Peanut butter and bacon on white bread.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
i haven't had this for a very long time but I used to love chocolate cake and frosting with greasy potato chips like Wise.

Link sausage dipped in maple syrup.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love chips eaten with dill pickles.

Lucy, this is one of my all time favorites. I also love bread and butter cucumber pickles on chips too.

Love the peanut butter jar idea. I also like pretzels used to dip in salsa and potato chips crumbled into cottage cheese.......42

guinevere

Final Flight
My high school would always serve tuna salad sandwiches (in pita pockets) with corn chips on the side. I don't eat tuna salad prepared by anyone but me (because I despise anything in tuna other than mayonaise and maybe a little dijon mustard), so I would always dump the tuna salad, put the corn chips in the pita with a little extra mayo - YUM!

I also love that boxed tabouli salad on potato chips.

Clearly, I'm big on salty snacks. Which is funny, because I never put salt on my food otherwise!

guinevere