Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Strangest snacking habit

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by Lucy25
    That said, I love chips eaten with dill pickles. Take a bite of pickle, then a chip. Chew it together. Yum!
    There are actually potato chips that are dill flavored! Me, I like the Salt & Vinegar ones, too.

Custom Title
    Swiss cheese with alfalfa sprouts on iced raisin bread.

Peanut butter and bacon on white bread.

i haven't had this for a very long time but I used to love chocolate cake and frosting with greasy potato chips like Wise.

Link sausage dipped in maple syrup.

I love chips eaten with dill pickles.
    Lucy, this is one of my all time favorites. I also love bread and butter cucumber pickles on chips too.

Love the peanut butter jar idea. I also like pretzels used to dip in salsa and potato chips crumbled into cottage cheese.......42

My high school would always serve tuna salad sandwiches (in pita pockets) with corn chips on the side. I don't eat tuna salad prepared by anyone but me (because I despise anything in tuna other than mayonaise and maybe a little dijon mustard), so I would always dump the tuna salad, put the corn chips in the pita with a little extra mayo - YUM!

I also love that boxed tabouli salad on potato chips.

Clearly, I'm big on salty snacks. Which is funny, because I never put salt on my food otherwise!

guinevere

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by guinevere
    Clearly, I'm big on salty snacks. Which is funny, because I never put salt on my food otherwise!
    LOL! I could eat salt right from the bag!!! (Good thing my blood pressure is low!)

Master Procrastinator
    Originally posted by DJStuCrew
    There are actually potato chips that are dill flavored! Me, I like the Salt & Vinegar ones, too.
    I've tried these flavored chips. They are just not the same as pickles and chips eaten together. I do really like the salt and vinegar ones a lot. Especially kettle chips with this flavor. When I am in England, I am always nicely surprised at the chip flavors available there, steak, ketsup, bacon, the list goes on.

Lucy, this is one of my all time favorites.
    Show 42 - I wrote my first post at work and had the worst craving for it all day. When I got home I had some! For a minute I thought I was out of pickles, but I found a new jar in the cupboard.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Longhornliz:

That sounds good.

My crazy combo favorite used to be:

Orange juice mixed with butter milk! It tastes like a creamsicle ice cream.

Really good on a hot day.

Medalist
    This might be too wierd, but for some reason my favorite treat is buttered overcooked cauliflower. It's OK, you can laugh at me.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    I did the atkins low car thing for a few months and I discovered a recipie that eliminated my craving for mashed potatoes : Steam cauliflower till its very well done, and put in a cuisinart with cream, butter, salt and pepper... when you havent had a starch in months it makes a ver convincing replacement

Brina........not laughing here, I love over-cooked cauliflower as well as breading it and frying it in olive oil, (very Italian).....by the way, welcome to GS..... 42

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Pretzles and frosting. Best with vanilla or chocolate, depending on my mood. Hey, they sell pretzles covered in chocolate!

And I am glad I am not the only person who likes hummus with noodles.

And, yes, just about anything can be made to taste better covered in Thai peanut butter sauce!

In college, some one introduced me to pasta with tahini sauce. It's never become something I seek out, but it's not bad! You have to make sure you don't use very much tahini though, or it becomes gluey.

guinevere

In love with the axel!
    Originally posted by brinababy87
    This might be too wierd, but for some reason my favorite treat is buttered overcooked cauliflower. It's OK, you can laugh at me.
    Yum!

In the summer, I love cucumber and tomato sandwiches, on white toast, with butter, mayonnaise and salt. In the winter, I tend to crave real oil popped popcorn with melted butter and parmesan (sp) cheese (don't give into that one too often ).

Originally posted by sk8er1964
    Yum!

In the summer, I love cucumber and tomato sandwiches, on white toast, with butter, mayonnaise and salt. ).
    Mortgage lifter tomatos sliced on white or wheat bread with mayonaisse,salt and pepper.

Anyone had wilted lettuce? Very seasonal. Leaf lettuce and green onions from the garden cleaned and dried. The dressing is made from hot bacon grease with a little sugar and apple cider vinegar. Pour over lettuce and green onions. Yummy!

Your cardiologist will thank you for funding the new wing on his house!:D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast