Alexander Petrov | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

Skater01

On the Ice
The future is always potentially bright when there is great talent. And there is indeed great talent at that school.

But peaking at the right time during the season matters a lot. And one thing the coaches need to address is why some of their skaters were off their best going into the most crucial period of the season, which is late December to March. The same mistakes should not be made next season and beyond. You can be a great skater and have great programs but if you're out of shape/out of form, you won't be able to skate at nearly your best.

You are completely right also.

There is so much we don't know about, so many unknown details. Getting sick during this time of year in this part of world is unavoidable more or less, so we can't really know if they have anything they can do about that. But yes, if there is something they can do to avoid illness and most importantly injuries, they of course should do it.

Skater01

On the Ice
Since his season has ended, I'm in the process of making backups for some videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spIAfuPgATU
Remember when he skated his SP at the test skate in his current FS costume? At that point we were all rejoicing I think. lol

Rewatching that made me really excited about the program again. It's a shame that it didn't quite fulfill the expectations, at least for me.
Part of the reason probably was the quad situation but let's not go into that…
And if only the actual sp costume was good…

But it stills made me happy to see that speed and those spins, reminded me of how good he actually is when he is healthy.

LRK

Record Breaker
Honestly, I don't see a "quad situation". He's 16. It's not like he's over-the-hill - in his mid-twenties say - and not doing quads. If he starts putting them in competiton next season, it will be soon enough. I'd rather have strong, stable, reliable quads, than have him splatting all over the place - plus messing up his other jumps. He's one of the young guys with a really reliable 3A, for example.

Skater01

On the Ice
Honestly, I don't see a "quad situation". He's 16. It's not like he's over-the-hill - in his mid-twenties say - and not doing quads. If he starts putting them in competiton next season, it will be soon enough. I'd rather have strong, stable, reliable quads, than have him splatting all over the place - plus messing up his other jumps. He's one of the young guys with a really reliable 3A, for example.

Yeah, I realise I put it a bit of a wrong way.
I just mean that he had the solo 3T in both of his programs at the test skates, so the expectation is that the quad will be there. But yes at this point it's important that he is consistent with the triples.

adelia

Record Breaker
Ticketing sales information for Mishin's birthday gala on 8th March, 3pm:

"Alexei Mishin - 75!

Honored coach of Russia on figure skating, professor Alexei Mishin trained three Olympic champions - Alexei Urmanov, Alexei Yagudin, Evgeni Plushenko, current World champion Elizaveta Tuktamysheva.

At the beginning of sports career Alexei Mishin in pairs with Tamara Moskvina won the championship of the USSR in 1969, was a medalist of the European Championships and the world. In 1970, the master of sports of international class Alexey Mishin moved to coaching. Over the years he taught several generations of athletes.

Today Alexei continues to work and train young skaters, worthy of representing St. Petersburg at national and international competitions.

March 8, 2016 in SC "Jubilee" - the legendary Palace of Sports, where trained and continue to work outstanding figure skating champions and great coaches will be held demonstrations in honor of the 75th anniversary of Alexei Mishin.

On the ice will come out his famous students - two-time Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko, World and European champion Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Europe-2016 Championship participant Alexander Petrov and others. The leading exhibition performances will be World and European champion, two-time medalist of the Winter Olympic Games Irina Slutskaya."

https://spb.kassir.ru/kassir/event/view/62357

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Skater01

On the Ice