Music?? | Golden Skate

Music??

pick_chick

Rinkside
It is a item i am always looking for is new music that is cool and is awsome program material I am looking for girls between 5-15 and cherry flippers to sr bronze so if any one has cool music let me know thanks

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Are you looking for instrumental or music with words? I am in the eternal pursuit of great music as well. Here are some of my favorites that I have queued to skate to in the future:

1. Soundtrack from Frida
2. Soundtrack from Great Expectations
3. Gershwin
4. Benny Goodman
5. Waltz from the Giselle ballet

I have found NPR (National Public Radio) to be a good source as well for classical music. They post their playlists (and sources to buy the music) on their website. I know that I have others, but my thinking is a bit fuzzy this early in the monring. I will review and post more when I think of them. There are also some editing tools that you can buy and download that help you edit music. Very handy for cutting skate music. Hope this helps.

pick_chick

Rinkside
another Favorite is Chocolat I love that music and some from everlast cinderella I am looking for ages 5-10 right now
thanks for the input lets keep in touch to bounce ideas off each other :)

anya_angie

Final Flight
Editing this now to say I love the soundtracks for Harry Potter, that would be cool to see a skater use that, as well as (and some maybe a lot of people will hate me for this) Troy by James Horner. Hey, don't look at me like that!

I have fallen in love with Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, so I suggest that.

I also find Angela's Ashes by John Williams breathtaking.

This may sound rather silly at first, but try Peter Pan, by James Newton Howard, especially the Fairy Dance.

Craig Armstrong's Romeo + Juliet is excellent, especially if you want stuff with beat to it, check out Volume Two of R+J.

I think that's all I can suggest for now! At least that's different. For same-old, I'd go with Anastasia (incidentally you don't see many people use this magnificent music) and The Lord of the Rings. Also Pirates of the Carribean is great.

angie

Last edited: