Any advice/tips for a first time World's attendee? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Any advice/tips for a first time World's attendee?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But of course! Already have tickets for SA, SC, and Boston so far this coming season.

Wait a minite!!!!! You're my source for making HQ jumpamatrons soon after the events. How am I supposed to do that when your out pubbing it up with Karne :drama:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wait a minite!!!!! You're my source for making HQ jumpamatrons soon after the events. How am I supposed to do that when your out pubbing it up with Karne :drama:

I know, I've actually been concerned about this. How will I keep up with posting videos when I'm attending half the events?

I've even considered travelling with not just my iPad, but my MacBook Pro too, so I can remote desktop into my home PC and do YouTube stuff. :laugh2:

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I am at the Wyndam too. Maybe we can try get a little group together for the walks back after the event or a pub crawl after the event. Anyway, my friends could not go and I did not want to miss the opportunity to see Worlds when it is this close so I will be a lone wolf. Would not mind meeting some people so I don't have to be alone so much.

This is my first Worlds experience. Can't decide if I should go for exhibition as well. What do u guys think? I got the balcony all event because some of the other options where to rich for my blood so I can use some of the savings for an exhibition ticket assuming it's worth while to go.

Would be delighted to meet up! I sense a good thread closer to the championships with quotes like "I'll be the one with a carnation on my lapel and I'll be carrying a copy of The Times".

And as for your suggestion of a pub crawl, I'd be happy to oblige there. Me and my friend are Irish so we will be fulfilling a stereotype by participating! :agree:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Would be delighted to meet up! I sense a good thread closer to the championships with quotes like "I'll be the one with a carnation on my lapel and I'll be carrying a copy of The Times".

And as for your suggestion of a pub crawl, I'd be happy to oblige there. Me and my friend are Irish so we will be fulfilling a stereotype by participating! :agree:

I fear I'm not going to live up to stereotype expectations - I hardly drink at all!

I'll be easy to spot - I'll be bouncing around the place like a hyperactive kangaroo carrying an Australian flag and a stuffed black swan. :laugh2:

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Woohoo! So many of the notorious Golden Skate posters are going! :p I'm going, too! We should definitely meet!! ^__^

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Since so many Golden Skate members will be going, I'm going to be expecting many live reports! Please, and Thank You! :agree:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
As long as I get decent cell reception, I will be visiting GS at various times during the events.

I'm planning on doing videos on YouTube immediately afterward to talk about the event as a whole, and my experiences there, if anyone is interested in that type of thing.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm going too and would love to meet up in person.

Already bought my all event tickets, not sure if I'm going to the exhibition either. I'm going to be staying at an AirBnB in the south end, about 20 mins by public transport to the TD Garden.

I will probably skip any pub crawling since I don't drink and I have a feeling I'm going to need the time to nap so I'm alert and awake during the competitions :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm still figuring out how I'm going to use my phone over in the US. I thought I would just buy a sim card with data and minutes when I got over there but it seems this is not an option? EDIT: Hurrah, figured this one out!

Got my seating assignment today :)

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
As long as I get decent cell reception, I will be visiting GS at various times during the events.

I'm planning on doing videos on YouTube immediately afterward to talk about the event as a whole, and my experiences there, if anyone is interested in that type of thing.

Of course! :cheer:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I'll be going, too–and dragging my friend along (who is in every sense the layman when it comes to figure skating. :laugh: I'm going to try to explain things to her (scoring, who to watch, etc.) before hand. Will only be attending Men's SP through Ladies' FS, though (no short dance/opening ceremony or gala).

Love it!

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I'm still figuring out how I'm going to use my phone over in the US. I thought I would just buy a sim card with data and minutes when I got over there but it seems this is not an option? EDIT: Hurrah, figured this one out!

Got my seating assignment today :)

Where are you sitting?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Section 4, row 19. I wanted something on the judges' side :)

Cool, my section is right next to yours, a few rows ahead (though I may pick up individual tickets for ID/Ladies in a different location, depending on price).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Cool, my section is right next to yours, a few rows ahead (though I may pick up individual tickets for ID/Ladies in a different location, depending on price).

Wave!

The only thing I would say sucks a little bit about the generally very good website is the seat selection. A graphic that shows you what is available and what is not available would be good. I have my one-time seat change option available, but I don't know what is available or not. I wouldn't mind being a few rows closer, but since I requested row 11 originally, I'm guessing row 19 was as close as it could get in that section.