Is Agnes Zawadzki competing or doing cruise ship shows still | Golden Skate

Is Agnes Zawadzki competing or doing cruise ship shows still

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I believe she has retired and is currently skating on a cruise ship. I don't know all the details,
maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I believe she has retired and is currently skating on a cruise ship. I don't know all the details,
maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Agnes recently returned home to Colorado Springs, after traveling all over Europe on her own (meaning not as part of her cruise work, AFAIK).

I don't know whether she plans to compete again or perform in more cruise shows ... or ???

Her original announcement in 2014 was that she was taking a year off -- she did not say that she was retiring -- and I don't know about any subsequent official announcement one way or the other. (For all I know, maybe she will choose not to ever make another official announcement.)

Best to Agnes :). Seems like a great person off ice.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thanks for the info golden! I can always count on you!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I have been thinking of a cruise trip for years but haven't done so. Now it's good to know some cruises offer ice show. Anyone knows which cruise company does this?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I have been thinking of a cruise trip for years but haven't done so. Now it's good to know some cruises offer ice show. Anyone knows which cruise company does this?

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...tions-Thread&p=1064757&viewfull=1#post1064757

From this post on, in the Stupid Questions thread, there was an interesting discussion of cruise ship rinks and shows!

hippomoomin, the answer is Royal Caribbean.

Thx to the amazing Doris for looking up that section of the Stupid Questions thread.

Discussion of cruise shows also continued in a separate thread -- started in Jan 2015 by Sjs5572 :):

anyanka

Record Breaker
I love Royal Caribbean! Their ice show on the Oasis of the Seas was a good one, and if she's moved onto there, then I'm definitely going to see her perform.

It's too bad she wasn't able to make the Olympics, but her family's story and how they banded together to fund her career was truly heartwarming. Respect to Agnes and the Zawadskis. I hope she's enjoying her job, she'll certainly get to see the world on those cruises!