Bourne wants to return to skating - article | Golden Skate

Bourne wants to return to skating - article

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
We sort of have discussed this, but here is a good article about Shae-Lynn for anyone interested. I would be happy to see Shae skate again!!

Bourne wants to return to skating

Canadian Press

3/25/2004

DORTMUND, Germany (CP) - Shae-Lynn Bourne wants to make a comeback.

The Chatham, Ont., ice dancer won the world championship with Victor Kraatz of Qualicum Beach, B.C., one year ago, and the couple dissolved their 12-year partnership soon afterwards.

Bourne is at the 2004 world meet helping off-ice partner Alexei Morozov with dance teams he trains in Connecticut.

`I never did retire,'' she said in an interview. ``My partner did but I guess when that happens most people think that it's over, skating is over.

``But I said from the beginning I'm not going to stop skating, I just have to find time to know which way I want to skate, whether it's going to be just pro stuff by myself or it's going to be with another partner.''

She will skate in Stars On Ice on her own and ``that will give me a month go make decisions about my future.''

Peter Tchernysev, who skated for the United States with Naomi Lang, might be looking for a new partner. Lang is pregnant and has told Tchernysev she won't continue competing. But Bourne said there's nothing concrete in terms of linking up with Tchernysev.

``That's who everyone is telling me to skate with,'' Bourne said. ``I know it would be an interesting couple because he's probably one of the best boys in the world and everyone knows that.

``I'll keep the door open but I haven't made any decisions. I'm hearing a lot of suggestions as to which way I should go. It's a big decision.''

She made one thing abundantly clear.

``I would only skate for Canada,'' she said. ``I won't skate for another country.

``That wouldn't be an option for me, which makes it hard, too, if I ever did skate again because there's nobody (feasible to partner with in Canada).''

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
That would make an interesting team of her and Peter T. But whatever she decides to do, I wish her much luck! I've always enjoyed her skating.

Lcp88

On the Ice
Well, in therory, Peter could skate for Canada, just not in the Olympics - they could still go to Worlds and do the Grand Prix circut. But after gaining American citizenship I don't know if he would want to go through that. I'd be perfectly happy to see Shae skating again :).
Laura

Koroleva

On the Ice
I really would not like to see this team. Peter and Shae have totally different styles. Peter is more of a dancer and balletic while IMO Shae is not. To me they just would not make a good match.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Koroleva:

Who knows? Maybe they would look great together.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I hope she does make a come-back......she's a beautiful and talented skater. It must be hard when your partner doesn't want to skate anymore...........42

miffy_1306

Rinkside
I would love to see Peter and Shae team up! I miss seeing Peter, & think it is a shame someone with as much talent as he does has not had much success internationally. They are a good match heightwise, and both train with Nikolai Morosov, and even if they only competed for a few seasons, i think it would be fantastic to see. They are both skating in the shows at their rink in Connecticut in 2 weeks (& i'm going to see them!!):D and i'm kind of hoping they will do something together, even though they are listed seperately.

I can't wait to see Peter! :love:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I don't think it's realistic for Shae Lynn to compete as an eligible. Her and Peter's styles are very different; it would take them too long to get to the point where they could compete with some of the teams out there today. However, I think it is very feasible for them to skate pro. Unfoftunately, for the dancers this mainly means shows, since most pro competitions are for singles, and sometimes pairs.

shine

Record Breaker
If she's going to continue skating, I'd rather her skate singles instead of teaming up with Peter...

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Well some "mixed" replies here as I expected. No matter, what Shae-Lynn decides and Peter, I am sure they will decide what is best for each of them.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Do you have a link to the CT show that Peter and Shae Lynn will both be skating in? When and where is it exactly? Simsbury?