Who are you excited to see on the GP? | Golden Skate

Who are you excited to see on the GP?

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
Lots of skaters are making their senior Grand Prix debuts in the 2015-2016 season! Some are successful juniors who are making the move to the next level of major competition this season (Shoma UNO, Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA, Karen CHEN, Anna YANOVSKAYA /
Sergey MOZGOV), while others are seniors who have been competing on the international level for quite awhile. but without any senior GP experience (Ronald LAM, Brendan KERRY, Dasa GRM, Roberta RODEGHIERO). The series will also feature skaters making their competitive comebacks, including Mao ASADA, Kaetlyn OSMOND, Ekaterina BOBROVA /Dmitry SOLOVIEV and Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV.

There will be many great skaters competing, but who are YOU most excited to see?

I'm looking forward to watching Mao make her comeback, and to seeing Mariah Bell, Dasa Grm, Angelina Kuchvalska, Hannah Miller, and Yanovskaya/Mozgov making their Senior GP debuts!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
If I had to name who I am most excited to see, I'd say the showdown of Chanyu :popcorn:

Rissa

Record Breaker
If I had to name who I am most excited to see, I'd say the showdown of Chanyu :popcorn:

I was about to say Patrick, but yeah it all comes down to the Chanyu showdown.

Of course my favorite man Hanyu because his new program looks so cool.

Other than that, Mao because it's always interesting to see how the old guard stacks agains the youngsters.

Anna Pogorilaya because she's my favorite, Julia Lipnitskaya because, like Mao, I wonder how she will stack up against the other Russian girls, Rika Hongo because her new program looks awesome, and Kanako Murakami because I just like her.

Papadakis/Cizeron because they pulled something amazing last season and I wonder if they will be able to repeat the feat and Ilinykh/Zhiganshin because I wanna see how they will develop.

I wish Plushy was taking part in GP, for obvious reasons.

ETA: Oh yes, Elizabet Tursynbaeva, because she made an impression on me at junior worlds and made me like her despite the fact that she skates in a style I don't normally like.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
New seniors: Daniel Samohin, Alexander Petrov, Angelina Kuchvalska, Evgenia Medveda
Most excited to see live at Skate America: Adian Pitkeev, Konstantin Menshov, Evgenia, Yulia, Elisabet, the Russian & Chinese pairs

And all of my other favorites, of course...Javi, Yuzuru, Sergei, Liza, Anna, etc. Also excited to see who improves & brings new elements. Will Misha try a quad? Will Adam go for the 4lz again? Will Kovtun get some better programs for once?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
BRENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Also Max, and Jason, and Joshua, of course. And the only Queen Liza. And of course the Silver Foxes of the Russian men!

I am not particularly looking forward to Skate Canada. Hanyuflation vs inflation and everyone else will be scrapping for bronze regardless of how those two do.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excited to see Elizabet make her debut. Not sure how she'll fair but I just like her style regardless of the results. Also the debut of Mariah Bell! I hope she gets a shot at worlds. It's time to make the US skaters pecking order a bit unsure to create a competitive atmosphere!

Get em girls. I like so many skaters that any event looks good and I'm sure there will be tons of great stories to follow :)

gotoschool

Medalist
I am excited to see Mao Asada return and then skaters who gave the performances I liked the most from last season: Evgenia Medvedeva, Satoko Miyahara and Kanako Murakami. I think Mao is the most impressive, but I want to see all these skaters because I think they have a great mix of beauty, musicality, emotional intensity, elegance, athleticism and, especially in the case of Mao and Kanako, physical power in their skating. I am also interested to see Zijun Li and Seoyun Park who gave some of my favorite performances last year. I am also interested to see how Gracie Gold does because there were elements to her skating that I really liked last year: jumps, spins and power especially.

It will also be interesting to see Patrick Chan against Yuzuru Hanyu and Javier and the return of Volosozhar / Trankov.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
I am not particularly looking forward to Skate Canada. Hanyuflation vs inflation and everyone else will be scrapping for bronze regardless of how those two do.

I'm thrilled for the Chan/Hanyu showdown, but my heart will be with Josh. :yay:

Anyway, I'm excited for the debuts of Karen, Mariah, Hannah, and Elizabet! And I know it's not H/B's debut season, but I think we'll see them make an impact this season.

Can't wait to see Han Yan's finished LP at Skate America. I'm in love with it already. Looking over the men's GP lineup, I actually think SA might be the most interesting competition as there are no clear favorites there. Denis is the closest to a clear favorite, but his GP history isn't the best...it'll be a fight for the top of the podium between Denis, Jason, Max, Shoma, Han Yan, and Mura.

I'm just really hoping for some surprise medalists this season!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Can't wait to see Han Yan's finished LP at Skate America. I'm in love with it already. Looking over the men's GP lineup, I actually think SA might be the most interesting competition as there are no clear favorites there. Denis is the closest to a clear favorite, but his GP history isn't the best...it'll be a fight for the top of the podium between Denis, Jason, Max, Shoma, Han Yan, and Mura.

I'm just really hoping for some surprise medalists this season!

Yes, surprise medalists are good. So I hope Konstantin, Florent and Adian are on the podium. But I'm sure everyone there will "fight," as you put it.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
It will be interesting to see how Evgenia will fit in the Russian Ladies' field, as well as Yulia. And how Mao will end up against Elena at COC, SA for the ladies' can be very intense, same thing with NHK. And I'm excited to see more 3A from Liza, obviously, and the potential addition of Adelina at COR.

I'm also looking forward to how Shoma will do, he's got some tough competition for both of his events: Jason, Denis, Max, Daisuke etc at SA and Patrick, Denis, Maxim, Daisuke... at TEB. I don't know what to expect from him since he was sort of hot and cold last season. From the rest of the field, well Patrick vs. Yuzuru at SC for sure, but I fear it would be too early in the season and it may not be as mind boggling, hopefully I'll be wrong and they'll be on good shape. The rest of the field at SC is also great (Josh, Nam, Adam...), I'll look forward to that podium.
I really want to see how Jason and Josh will do at NHK! :cheer:

In pairs, obviously V/T vs. D/R at NHK, K/S vs S/K at COR, and S/H vs. S/K and even Scimeca/Knierim at SA.

In ice dance, I really want to see if that promising FD from the Shibutanis will give them good placements, it will be hard to beat W/P at SC and P/C at NHK, but they could get 2 silvers. I want to see how H/B do as well, and how C/L will do against C/B at COC and W/P at COR.

New seniors: Daniel Samohin, Alexander Petrov, Angelina Kuchvalska, Evgenia Medveda
Most excited to see live at Skate America: Adian Pitkeev, Konstantin Menshov, Evgenia, Yulia, Elisabet, the Russian & Chinese pairs

And all of my other favorites, of course...Javi, Yuzuru, Sergei, Liza, Anna, etc. Also excited to see who improves & brings new elements. Will Misha try a quad? Will Adam go for the 4lz again? Will Kovtun get some better programs for once?

:rofl:
But yeah, it would be a nice change to see that, too.

Last edited:

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
Excited to see Elizabet make her debut. Not sure how she'll fair but I just like her style regardless of the results. Also the debut of Mariah Bell! I hope she gets a shot at worlds. It's time to make the US skaters pecking order a bit unsure to create a competitive atmosphere!

Get em girls. I like so many skaters that any event looks good and I'm sure there will be tons of great stories to follow :)

I'm excited for Elizabet and Mariah, too! Hoping Mariah makes a big splash at Skate America and really proves herself on the international level this year! Who knows, she may have a shot at Worlds in the coming years!

And every event looks interesting. It'll certainly be a battle for the podium at all!

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
In ice dance, I really want to see if that promising FD from the Shibutanis will give them good placements, it will be hard to beat W/P at SC and P/C at NHK, but they could get 2 silvers. I want to see how H/B do as well, and how C/L will do against C/B at COC and W/P at COR.
The ice dance field is super tight this season. Very interested to see how Bobrova/Soloviev and Yanovskaya/Mozgov will do. Especially excited for the showdown between the last to ice dance world junior champions at SA!

LRK

Record Breaker
Of debuts: Alexander Petrov.

Others: Too numerous to mention, and I don't want to inadvertently be guilty of some invidious omission.:)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Well, of course Hanyu vs Chan at SC but I try to keep my expectations low because they may end up both bombing as it will be early in the season :biggrin: Hanyu trying 3 quads LP, and Chan no one knows in what jumping form he is and if he will try another quad or 2 ? 3A

Also interested in seeing Shoma Uno, Boyang Jin and if Jason will be able to land quad

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I'm looking forward to seeing those making their competitive comebacks to see did the year away affect what they will do in their programmes. Will they focus on more mature artistry or will they continue to push the technical boundaries in order to keep up with their younger rivals? I'm thinking the former for Patrick Chan and am particularly excited to see him as I had the feeling he might not come back.

I'm looking forward to seeing Stolbova and Klimov as well because I loved them right up to the point of her extremely sour reaction to their mistake in the European Championships and resulting defeat and I hope I can get to liking them again and that they have a good battle with the magnificent V and T.

Among the ladies, I'll be really interested to see how the Russian ladies continue developing, will Julia make a comeback, will Elena's artistry and showmanship continue to shine and her jumping technique improve (I hope so because she is becoming a firm favourite of mine) and will Anna start to show some joy in her skating?

It really does seem like a transitional season, will the old guard re-emerge, will the current champions re-assert their authority or will the young pretenders mount a strong challenge.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow, there are too many, i am glad its not " 10 skaters" list as it was last year, it was hard to pick :laugh: but 1st of all, i wish people wouldnt be judgemental about a season that hasnt even started yet :)
For men;
Yuzuru of course, need no explanation :love:
Javier; again need no explanation :love:
Misha, he was in my list last year because i thought he was crazy (and i still do, in the best possible way XD) and he exceeded everyone's expectations, i cant wait to see more progress from him
Richard Dornbush, cause its about time! i think he has everything except mental strength, i hope it will be his best season yet!
Michal, same as Richard he is great but cant live up to his potential

For ladies
Satoko :love: i hope she will improve her jumps and silence all the critics
So Youn, she is like female version of richard and michal, please no more silly mistakes!
Mao, cause she is just lovely!!
Julia, cause she is best russian lady in my eyes :)
Riona Kato, she was really impressive at NHK and shes got great jumps (except lutz) and great spins (esp her layback!), i hope she will get another GP assignment
from newcomers
ELIZABET!! i really cant wait to see her debut, i hope her SP is as great as last years(was one of my favourites among both senior&junior):love: and i hope that puberty wont affect her her too hard
Mariah, cause who wouldnt wanna see her infectious smile?!
Karen, cause she has got it all if she can get it together, and her layback <3 !

For pairs
Sui&Han of course! i cant wait to see what they have for us, looking at their EX number is amazing already, cant imagine their competetive programs
Valentina&Ondrej, well noone saw them coming but everyone will be watching them now, with SBS 3Lz and hopefully triple twist they will be on medal contention i think!

For Dance
Shibs!! really excited to see their new FD!! i hope it will be their season!
Weaver & Poje, they had my fave FD last season, i hope they can top that!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
for me new GP season looks very exciting due to both newcomers and champions' returns on the circuit.

For pairs - cannot wait to see all these quad throws/twists/difficult jumps combos appearing, hope all announcements/footages from practices will go into competition. NHK showdown between OGM Tatiana and Maxim and current World Champions Meaghan and Eric will be epic if both pairs will be in their best shape. Also looking forward to see if Sui/Han will stay on top or go even further and how Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov will do.

For ladies - definitely young Russian newcomers and Elizabet Tursynbaeva's debut will be exciting to watch. As someone mentioned earlier this thread, it would be very interesting to see how Mao will do versus all these hungry youngsters and current Russian stars - Elena and Elizaveta. Mao's (and Adelina Sotnikova's, if will be for real) return is probably most anticipated thing going forward to the new season for me. Excited also to see how Satoko and other young Japanese girls will be doing, also how Kaetlyn Osmond will do after one year break.

For men - as many of you I cannot wait to see SC Chanyu battle :), in general Partick's return will be quite interesting to watch while we have Yuzuru, Javier, Denis, Jason, also other Americans, Russians, Nam, Chinese guys...

For ice dance - curious what will Ekaterina Bobrova and Dimitri Soloviev show this season after 1 year break and how they'll be judged in comparision with other Russian couples. Next, super excited for Gabriella and Guillaume - their music choices, choreos, if they will be able to defeat World title...A little nervous for Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje (what music choices will be), really interesting for Anna Yanovskaya/Sergiei Mozgov's debut (still don't know why I am so caught by them...but still) in quite tough GP fields. Oh, almost forgot - BIG excitement for Maia and Alex FD to Coldplay !!!!!

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I am excited to see
Soyoun - her programs and her progress
Medvedeva - also programs and to see if she rises like Lena last season
Radionova - her energy on the ice and maybe to see if she can stand against puberty
Yulia - a comeback I'm anticipating for! we will see a higher level of maturity from her
Mao - for her sweet smile on ice
Pogorilaya - hoping to see her skate modern programs like Rise like a Phoenix
Pchiddy - how can you not be excited for him?! I'm ready to roll my eyes/laugh to whatever he says (he's quite entertaining IMO and what he say is quite mellow if you compare it to what athletes say that belong to a different sport)
Yuzuru - his lettuce EX and to see how SEIMEI unfolds along the season
Kanako - her programs and how she'll style her new haircut! it's quite short but it's fresh
Jason - for his Pchiddy-esque LP. It's beautiful but I do think that team KoRo needs to switch and change some of his elements. For instance, I appreciate the quality of fan spirals and such but I'm not liking the use of 2 fan spirals. So yeah, do some "editing" of the program and I'm sure everyone in WC will gush about it.
V/T and Stol/Klim - for the epic matches and the epic drama that ensues when they compete
Misha - drama choreo and exciting EXs
Gracie - for the rumoured Tango SP and her Firebird rendition. Hoping to not hear the Infernal Dance part...again.

Skaters that I'm worrying about
Josh - TSL reported that he's injured again. Of course, he may heal right before the GP series start but man, what bad luck he has.
Junehyoung - not really much or a worry but urggh it's his first time in the GP series!
Adelina - the CoR TBD spot will probably be hers and it's her only GP. Kinda nervous, not because of what we'll say about her programs but more about her consistency and giving us great performances
MCM - I like his Egmont SP a lot but his R&J LP is a bit of a mess choreographically. Waiting to see how it pans out.
Sui/Han and Yu/Jin - They need to step their ante up. Their chances to go to GPF just got slimmer, especially for Yu/Jin.
Tara/Moro - NO MORE LIONEL RICHIE MUZAK AND SAY NO TO TRANKOV CHOREO. Please and thanks. :biggrin: They also need to step up their consistency.

A bummer to not see them competing more
Haejin and Jinseo - still sad about them
Artemieva - really would like to see her skate in another GP

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
2 many to list but still

Debuts - Petrov, Liza 2.0., So Youn, Zhenia M, Y/M:love:

Pairs - to see how K/S will fare & await another masterpiece LP from them
S/H are definitely the ones to watch in terms of pushing the boundaries
& ofc V/T to answer on the ice with brilliant skating to those who resorted to personal 'comments'
Val/Ondrej to progress even more. they were my most pleasant pairs surprise last year

Ladies - Ashley, Liza, Adelina's (if she can get COR) & Mao's comebacks, Satoko, other rusladies

Men - Den 10, Misha, Michal, excited to see Yuzu beating Chan, Sergei, Nam

Dance - B/S comeback, P/C, W/P, Stepanova/Bukin, Chock/Bates, Nazarova/Nikitin (hmm I feel like they will go train somewhere else like US)

Last edited: