Best Ladies' 3Lutz ever? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Best Ladies' 3Lutz ever?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
On-ice photo of Max and Polina standing side by side (late Apr 2015):
He looks a bit taller than her to me. A bit :cool:.

I could be wrong, but I think good-natured Max has said in the past that he is 5' 7" -- "on a good day" ;).

Max is only a little fella :)

I just went with his ISU bio for height :eek::

Well if she hasn't had a small growth spurt, she is still a little on tall side for a single female skater. I love to see her representing the taller girls.

Again, sorry for going OT~

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know if Polina is any taller then Gracie is. Gracie is around at least 5'6 herself.

Franklin99

Medalist
I don't know if Polina is any taller then Gracie is. Gracie is around at least 5'6 herself.

Gracie Gold is listed as 5' 5", and Polina was listed as 5' 5 1⁄2" as of last year, but Polina has grown another inch since then. I'm willing to bet that she's closer to Carolina's height now.

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'd say the best lutzes today belong to Liza T, Gracie, Wakaba Higuchi, Courtney Hicks and Karen Chen.

Yu-Na's lutz was a thing of beauty (speed, height, coverage) as was Carolina's (speed and cleanliness of the riding edge) and Agnes Zawadzki's (major height). A little further back, Julia S., Shizuka, Volchakova, Slutskaya (though it often lacked a fast clean riding edge), and Fumie Suguri (lovely pop into the air, tight rotation, clean landing). Ito comes to mind and Oksana Baiul had a monstrous lutz as well.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I'd say the best lutzes today belong to Liza T, Gracie, Wakaba Higuchi, Courtney Hicks and Karen Chen.

Yu-Na's lutz was a thing of beauty (speed, height, coverage) as was Carolina's (speed and cleanliness of the riding edge) and Agnes Zawadzki's (major height). A little further back, Julia S., Shizuka, Volchakova, Slutskaya (though it often lacked a fast clean riding edge), and Fumie Suguri (lovely pop into the air, tight rotation, clean landing). Ito comes to mind and Oksana Baiul had a monstrous lutz as well.

Fumie flutzes though... (here's Susie Wynne calling it out :biggrin:)