Best Ladies' Flutzes ever? | Golden Skate

Best Ladies' Flutzes ever?

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Can't look past Tara's for this one. Reminds me of an Australian commentator at the 1998 Olympics saying "There might be some chat about the change of edge going into that lutz". Very tactful...

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Sotnikova's. Great height, distance, flow and she was vastly successful with it. A jump we all will never forget! ;)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I would also add Samantha Cesario, who had an incredibly consistent flutz with great height and flow! :yes:

Last edited:

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
I would also add Samantha Cesario, who had an incredibly consistent flutz with great height and flow! :yes:
Haha yes! I've always been in awe of her flutz. I always thought "well that would be a beautiful jump if it weren't for that inside edge!!" certainly has more flow than kwans

Krunchii

Record Breaker
My favourite flutzer is Sasha Cohen who does not even hold the outside edge before she picks in :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELFerA2QZX8

Mine too! Even towards the end of her career she flutzed. I always thought her flip and her lutz were virtually indistinguishable. Many people talk about how a flutz is a flip and they should zayak it and complain but most flutzes hold an outside edge and change at the last second but not Sasha. That to me was always the flutz of all flutzes.

Mao Asada had a pretty memorable flutz at the Olympics, I think that was one of the shallowest "outside" edges I've ever seen from her

JayW

Final Flight
Priori to the wrong-edge crackdown (around 2008), any Mao's flutz will easily win the best flutz.

jkun

Final Flight
I think Mao's flutz is the best. Other than it being on the wrong edge, it is a beautiful jump.